ADVERTISEMENT

So yeah...

Ronstr300

MI Hall of Famer
Jan 13, 2004
I like reading and posting on various sites. I like the different points of view no matter how they may come across.

Kyyote....either you are blocking a LOT of people, or your site just sucks. I know several people who have tried to re register and the just cant get in...including me (A bazzilion times) ....You need to really address this if you want to stay relevant. If not cool...delete your site if you dont want outsiders in....I like the opinions of several of the peeps you let post (aka chason, utep d, stan,....etc)

I love posting on various sites....most are all in fun. Minerdigs is now the best site even though soda and chihua ruin it on occasion.

I am sooooooooooooooo tired of drama everywhere...in my bar, in the bowling alley, on websites....c'mon folks...lets clean it all up....

March madness is here...friggin awesome....

go miners....miner digs...kyyotes den....miner rush....et al

Sit on it, Ron.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Ron, a while back I pretty much completely eliminated myself from anything to do with the registration and membership to the Den. For years, to protect the members of the Den from spammers, I would personally have to go through each new registration and do google searches to see if they were spammers, run checks to see where they were originating from(either there are about a half a billion Chinese who are Miners fans or those commie bastards are fricken nonstop trying to get into sites). I know that you think I block people. In 10 years there have been probably a total of maybe 10 people and the number may be closer to 5. Of those, at least two had stated they would never return, anyways.

Looking at the membership, it appears there are 7 registrants who have yet to activate their memberships since Oct. 25th of last year. Among them is a SWfootball fan, and a Geo-Aggie. There is one whom is a person I know and am friends with (I think, anyways), a sports journalist, and another obvious Miners fan who registered on March the 1st. The last one on the list. I do remember that a couple of months(?) ago, I checked the boxes of some that I recognized to have a reminder notice emailed to them and cleared those names from the list to not repeat doing things over and over. Like I said, I rarely mess with the board at all, anymore. It is set up to be pretty much automatic.
Upon further review, there are two of the seven who already have accounts under different names. I don't know. That may have something to do with their problems.

If I had to guess, as it is all automated, is that there is a problem with the email address given (or maybe duplicate from the same computer(?) and they aren't receiving the activation email. I don't know. Like I said, I set it up to use the strongest captcha(sp), the letters and numbers in a messy field, and three very easy questions to answer to eliminate spam bots and spammers of which the registrant can chose from five questions. Here is a sample;
Davey Crockett and Col. Travis along with many other heroes died in this mission in the city with the Riverwalk.
Mike _____ played tight end and coached "Da Bears"

They have to be at least better than what day comes after Monday. Like I said there are five and they only have to know three answers.

Going back to the banned list, there is one who said he would never come back and he was right. That was Jan 14. There are eight others, definite spammers who got past the security before I added the five questions, all but one of them was during Dec of last year. Fixed the leak. That is it.

I am not blocking anyone. There is always the possibility that I have found a way to screw something up, but if so, it is unintentional.

Sucks, I guess. It may be my overbearing nature and all.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/11 7:22 PM by kyyote

This post was edited on 3/11 7:28 PM by kyyote

"Ma, The old family is here to visit!! Get the best paper plates and open that new package of Red Solo cups! We're not using Wally World tonight!! Anyone know if 19 is out of the county clink?"

Hi, Kyyote.
I am one of the people who keeps trying to re-register and can't. I think the problem is that I register, but never get the automatic e-mail that I need to confirm the registration. It just doesn't go through. I have checked the spam folder and it doesn't go there, either.
I have tried to e-mail you directly through the site and never get a response, so I suspect the block goes both ways. Do you know if aol e-mails are somehow not going through? I have never thought it was purposeful on your part. I just assumed it was a computer glitch. I still think that.

Wzi.

Maybe I"M stupid but I just tried to register and the system would not accept my The Alamo or Alamo answer. When the "what do you get at Chico's?" question came up, it would not accept my "the runs" answer. Not quite sure what ur looking for there.

I was finally able to complete the draconian process but never received the validation email as stated above.

This post was edited on 3/12 12:01 PM by jdubb66

Are Progs/liberals like myself allowed ? I've been to the site a few times , seems like a christian right wing cabal , for the most part , the voice of {reason} on there Wabbit doesn't post anymore .

Wzi, I have you with wziminer which has 44 posts (your regular account) and wziminer1 which has never been used. If you would like me to get you a new password and pm it to you for the wziminer account, I will.

Same for Ronstr or ronstr300 whichever one you would like. I just approved Maximus who already had an account as Maximus Miner-problem would have been trying to use same computer to register more than one account). Keeps the site from being flooded.
Jdubb66, it says you registered this morning at 11.

I have made it easier to register, and will try and help those interested in getting registered or re-registered. Anyone who thinks they might not feel comfortable would be a fool to intentionally put themselves into that position willingly, I would suppose. The really nice thing about any of these sites is that they cannot hold anyone prisoner.
smile.r191677.gif
Except for those I have chained in a basement where they are forced to post for their food and water. Those who have stopped posting...well, you figure it out.

This post was edited on 3/12 3:18 PM by kyyote

This post was edited on 3/12 3:24 PM by kyyote

Originally posted by develman:
Are Progs/liberals like myself allowed ? I've been to the site a few times , seems like a christian right wing cabal , for the most part , the voice of {reason} on there Wabbit doesn't post anymore .
The voice of "reason" you speak of was typically the only person to bring politics into discussions, so his lack of posting should keep you from having to deal with any political bickering from either side of the argument. Now don't get me wrong, I was never bothered by his views on politics or religion, as his ramblings were at least amusing on some level.

In any case, I've found the Den to be less active but the quality of threads are better. Threads do not get hijacked, and the regular posters are pretty cordial even when opinions differ.

This post was edited on 3/12 3:20 PM by USAFminersfan

Kyyote.... I never get the confirmation e-mail that I need to get back in. It would be great if you could send me a password to get in on the original wziminer account. Hope it works. Thanks in advance.

Wzi

I have sent an email to the email address that begins lsl. That is the email originally used. Let me know if it gets through.

Kyyote

Rabbits like the old guy at the end of the street telling kids to stay off his lawn. He seems rough and ruthless but he was really tough but toothless. And he's well read and very knowledgeable. I'd buy him a drink. Like USAF, I don't mind his views. Everyone's got opinions. We all have one like we have an....I guess I can't say that here.

I think if you take each person for what their personality projects you can get along fine...mostly...but there are those few regurgitating the same stink over and over which gets old. They stoke the fire for no other reason than to stoke the fire....

And everyone's pretty cordial to each other....well except maybe to USAF!

Kidding! Kidding!

This post was edited on 3/13 1:34 AM by Miner Dawgma

Originally posted by Miner Dawgma:
Rabbits like the old guy at the end of the street telling kids to stay off his lawn. He seems rough and ruthless but he was really tough but toothless. And he's well read and very knowledgeable. I'd buy him a drink. Like USAF, I don't mind his views. Everyone's got opinions. We all have one like we have an....I guess I can't say that here.

I think if you take each person for what their personality projects you can get along fine...mostly...but there are those few regurgitating the same stink over and over which gets old. They stoke the fire for no other reason than to stoke the fire....

And everyone's pretty cordial to each other....well except maybe to USAF!

Kidding! Kidding!

This post was edited on 3/13 1:34 AM by Miner Dawgma
Hey, I think you're right!

Bunch of damn bullies on that board....

UPDATE: Kyyote was able to e-mail me directly and re-set my password. It WORKED. So, Ron, you can probably try the same thing using your original log in name.

And hardy har har, Dawg.

Thanks again to Kyyote for all his help.

Go Miners!!

Wzi.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT