ADVERTISEMENT

Sporting News 2015 -16 Basketball

sweetlou#1

Starter
Jun 27, 2009
Check out the latest issue on college basketball. It has an extensive review of CUSA hoops. UAB ranked #1 because of 5 starters returning. Old Dominion ranked #2 with 3 returning starters. Extensive coverage on Miner hoops ranked #3 primarily based on point guard Dominic Artis who could be the league's biggest impact newcomer, Lee Moore one of the top JUCO guards in the nation last year, incoming 6'8" freshman forward Paul Thomas, a 4 star prep prospect, and 6'10" 4 star freshman forward prospect Broderick Jones. Returning sharp shooting guards from last year include Earvin Morris and Omega Harris. It is an interesting and positive article on Miner basketball / Tim Floyd. All you Floyd haters better keep away from reading this piece. It will cause nothing but indigestion and heartburn in your bloated bellies the rest of the year!

All it does is put a lot of hype in players who have played 0 games in a UTEP uniform. Artis averaged like 6 points a game at Oregon, so its tough to drink the kool aid about him. I take the" I will believe it when I see it" approach with Floyd as coach.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I was one of the biggest Floyd supporters around... BUT after multiple players leaving, teams underperforming, and countless others not even setting foot on campus my patience has worn quite thin. This piece means nothing... I can't tell you how many times I've read pre-season articles about UTEP and how well the recruiting is going, how good the incoming players are ect, only to have the team flame out. SHOW ME....

All it does is put a lot of hype in players who have played 0 games in a UTEP uniform. Artis averaged like 6 points a game at Oregon, so its tough to drink the kool aid about him. I take the" I will believe it when I see it" approach with Floyd as coach.

Eeyore, can't you go without shitting on one post? Bad donkey...I mean jackass!

Once the team starts to gell it will be a tough team to beat.
I see us going to the NIT due to rebuilding of the team,
a lot of new pieces.

Go Miners..

I was one of the biggest Floyd supporters around... BUT after multiple players leaving, teams underperforming, and countless others not even setting foot on campus my patience has worn quite thin. This piece means nothing... I can't tell you how many times I've read pre-season articles about UTEP and how well the recruiting is going, how good the incoming players are ect, only to have the team flame out. SHOW ME....

So you're from Missouri -- got it. But it's not like they're picked to win the conference. A new season brings new hope, which is one of the beauties of sports.

a lot of new pieces.
I think you're right but if it does gel by March you never know UAB did it last year I think we can do it this year

Go Miners..

Hopefully the coaches and players can manage to get their letters in the proper sequence...it's "etc." ; not "ect."

Reactions: UTEPy79
a lot of new pieces.

Go Miners..
This season will be Floyds 6th year. CUSA is one of the worst conferences, so anything less than making the NCAA Tourney will be a failure this year.

In the article, Sporting News also lists Floyd as the #1 coach in CUSA, and Artis as the #1 newcomer to CUSA.

In the article, Sporting News also lists Floyd as the #1 coach in CUSA, and Artis as the #1 newcomer to CUSA.
You can't argue the fact Floyd is the best in CUSA. Those zero regular season CUSA championships, 0 CUSA tournament final appearances, zero NCAA tournament appearances, and 2 blow out loses in the NIT, sure prove that. UABz coach is the best in cusa.

You can't argue the fact Floyd is the best in CUSA. Those zero regular season CUSA championships, 0 CUSA tournament final appearances, zero NCAA tournament appearances, and 2 blow out loses in the NIT, sure prove that. UABz coach is the best in cusa.

Sporting News has it:

1. Floyd
2. Hasse (UAB)
3. Jones (ODU)

Reactions: mine n for gold
Can't wait to see Artis and Omega (when he gets eligible) run the fast break! Looking for B. Jones to replace Vince's stats and fearlessness. Hoping Hooper is not another Cooper (great practice player, coach's favorite, soft as playmaker8832's brain).

wrong, hate to point it out to you, but your post is wrong.

The Spoting News can say what they want to say, it doesn't have to be accurate. But truth is 99.9% of basketball programs would rather have UAB's coach than our coach.

In 2 years UAB's coach has taken then to the NCAA Tourney and scored an upset win over a #3 seed. Floyd has been here 5 and ummmm, ummmmmm.....done nothing. Who would you rather have??? haha

Not you:

durr.gif

Reactions: Carlosergio
In 2 years UAB's coach has taken then to the NCAA Tourney and scored an upset win over a #3 seed. Floyd has been here 5 and ummmm, ummmmmm.....done nothing. Who would you rather have??? haha
UAB finished 5th in the regular season. I'd feel sorry for the UAB coach if you were in their fan base, he would have been fired before the CUSA tournament.

UAB finished 5th in the regular season. I'd feel sorry for the UAB coach if you were in their fan base, he would have been fired before the CUSA tournament.
Umm no. He was in his 2nd year and the 5th place finish is ok. Then he had that upset tourney win. He shows improvement from year to year. Tim has shown no improvement.

epsilon you make me laugh!! All I have to do is see your name and I don't even have to read your post because I know what it's going to be about!

On a side note utep is going to surprise people this year....

Reactions: mikesarabia

There's a chance CUSA gets two teams into March Madness this season. If so, those teams would likely be UAB and ODU, but UTEP could get into the mix if these players (mostly new to each other) gel quickly.

But let's say UTEP doesn't make the big dance this season. Let's say they win 23+ games in the regular season, plus a couple more in the NIT, showing momentum. That would set up a 2016-17 campaign where an NCAA bid would be expected. This second scenario wouldn't surprise, but would constitute continued progress, especially if there are runs of strong play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT