ADVERTISEMENT

Sporting News 2015 -16 Basketball

There's a chance CUSA gets two teams into March Madness this season. If so, those teams would likely be UAB and ODU, but UTEP could get into the mix if these players (mostly new to each other) gel quickly.

But let's say UTEP doesn't make the big dance this season. Let's say they win 23+ games in the regular season, plus a couple more in the NIT, showing momentum. That would set up a 2016-17 campaign where an NCAA bid would be expected. This second scenario wouldn't surprise, but would constitute continued progress, especially if there are runs of strong play.

Wow, that sounds promising! "a chance", "could", and "if" surely puts confidence in your fan base.

But yeah, there is always next season right? lol

Reactions: Epsilon00
There's a chance CUSA gets two teams into March Madness this season. If so, those teams would likely be UAB and ODU, but UTEP could get into the mix if these players (mostly new to each other) gel quickly.

But let's say UTEP doesn't make the big dance this season. Let's say they win 23+ games in the regular season, plus a couple more in the NIT, showing momentum. That would set up a 2016-17 campaign where an NCAA bid would be expected. This second scenario wouldn't surprise, but would constitute continued progress, especially if there are runs of strong play.
Floyd couldn't do jack crap last year with a bunch of seniors and Vince Hunter, and now this year he is going to have his best year with a bunch of freshman and a transfer player who averaged 6 points at Oregon??????? You make it seem like Floyd just recruited a John Calapari type class.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Really 1 liner? You're that much of a freaking tool? Two letters mixed up, whoa I guess I've been shown! Good thing to know you have THAT much time on your hands loser... Commence the spell/grammar check in 3...2...1...

Check out the latest issue on college basketball. It has an extensive review of CUSA hoops. UAB ranked #1 because of 5 starters returning. Old Dominion ranked #2 with 3 returning starters. Extensive coverage on Miner hoops ranked #3 primarily based on point guard Dominic Artis who could be the league's biggest impact newcomer, Lee Moore one of the top JUCO guards in the nation last year, incoming 6'8" freshman forward Paul Thomas, a 4 star prep prospect, and 6'10" 4 star freshman forward prospect Broderick Jones. Returning sharp shooting guards from last year include Earvin Morris and Omega Harris. It is an interesting and positive article on Miner basketball / Tim Floyd. All you Floyd haters better keep away from reading this piece. It will cause nothing but indigestion and heartburn in your bloated bellies the rest of the year!
I buy all of the college basketball magazines and this one is the best by far. The Athlon magazine still shows Vince Hunter on the team??

All we do is just post the facts ...that's all. That's why we always win.
If that's so, please quote your source where 99.9% of all college basketball programs would rather hire UAB's coach than Floyd. The one fact is, is that you and your minion continually throw crap on the wall and hope some of it sticks.

If that's so, please quote your source where 99.9% of all college basketball programs would rather hire UAB's coach than Floyd. The one fact is, is that you and your minion continually throw crap on the wall and hope some of it sticks.
Who would you rather have as a coach ..Floyd or UAB's coach. ..it's easy ...UABz coach. No brainer. So would every AD.

Who would you rather have as a coach ..Floyd or UAB's coach. ..it's easy ...UABz coach. No brainer. So would every AD.
That's how you're going to try to prove your fact? With deflection? Throw crap, see what sticks.

That's how you're going to try to prove your fact? With deflection? Throw crap, see what sticks.
I proved It Based on common sense. If Floyd was so great like many think on here then why didn't Florida come get him? Oh wait they hired the coach who coached circles around him twice last season.

If you were an AD who would hire?
If I answer, you'll just continue to steer the conversation away from the FACT that your 99.9% claim is caca and has no proof. Prove it fact guy. Otherwise you don't "win", lol. I mean, what are you, 10 years old?

If I answer, you'll just continue to steer the conversation away from the FACT that your 99.9% claim is caca and has no proof. Prove it fact guy. Otherwise you don't "win", lol. I mean, what are you, 10 years old?
Just wait until UABz coach is coaching at a big school and Floyd is still here being average in cusa.

I proved It Based on common sense. If Floyd was so great like many think on here then why didn't Florida come get him? Oh wait they hired the coach who coached circles around him twice last season.
Good for him. Quite the sell job considering he had as many NCAA Tournament Appearances as Floyd. He will fare better than Barbee though, way better coach.

Yep but they turn on them for doing something they would all do too...and that is they would all leave their current job to do the same type of job with another company that paid u 4 times more money.

Yep but they turn on them for doing something they would all do too...and that is they would all leave their current job to do the same type of job with another company that paid u 4 times more money.

They probably are the same people who talk bad about their exes and then cling to their every move on Facebook, etc. to see what they are doing.

Never once blamed any of them for that...fact.

They probably are the same people who talk bad about their exes and then cling to their every move on Facebook, etc. to see what they are doing.
So aside from spending enormous amount of time here, apparently you do the same on Facebook. What a life!

We made the NIT last year. Stop complaining!!! I watch the UNM and Murray State NIT games and Fresno State CBI game all the time. We're #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fact is, chi said an NIT or NCAA appearance would be considered a success in his eyes, before the start of last season. Call him out on that epsilon, c'mon.

Really 1 liner? You're that much of a freaking tool? Two letters mixed up, whoa I guess I've been shown! Good thing to know you have THAT much time on your hands loser... Commence the spell/grammar check in 3...2...1...
Nice response Playmaker. My general response to your original post was based on your downer attitude about Floyd... kinda like a couple of your loser buddies on
this board. I always was an still am 100% behind him. I hope this year makes you and yours believers also. I am pumped about the prospects. In the meantime; why don't you just chill and hold off on name calling.

It's amazing how you "know" what "every AD" would do. You are annoying, but not so much because of your opinion (which is all it is) rather because of the arrogance you display by claiming to speak for those who really do know how to evaluate talent, records, ability, etc. You're kind of like a Chihuahua trying to be a Rottweiler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT