ADVERTISEMENT

Stull's disturbing KROD Interview today

Of course population has a lot to do with attendance. Bowling's Green's population is less than 40,000. It's obvious they aren't going to be drawing 40,000 for their games.

Population does not have anything to do with it because the point and issue is that they drew less for a conference championship game. Their population does not excuse having less fans for a conference championship game than a regular season game. Excusable.

Most comments on message boards are "maybe" or "if" comments. I wonder why you replied to me since I post nonsense. I would figure you wouldn't respond so you wouldn't "bog down" the boards.

Maybes are you just making it up as you can along. So that you can play devil's advocate. Per usual.

You're right, it is about 65,000. You still can't compare that to El Paso.

LOL, you got schooled!

I don't it accept it because I know UTEP can do better. Last year, for 72 games, the average attendance for the Chihuahuas was around 8,000. If the Chihuahuas can do it, so can UTEP. NMSU has promotions and/or giveaways for every game. I don't understand why UTEP doesn't do anything.

"I don't it accept it" What the heck does that mean?

We know you love the El Paso Chihuahuas. Your previous screen name here was El Paso Chihuahuas. We get it.

That wasn't my point. It's obvious that Michigan, Alabama, etc. are going to draw fans. I stated before: "just stating that population SOMETIMES correlates with attendance figures."

Oh, so now it SOMETIMES.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you UTEP05 the Queen of Maybe's and Sometime's.

That's a 45 minute to an hour drive. Why would somebody who is not associated with the University or a football fan drive close to 2 hours round trip to see a football game? Most people who attend games at UTEP get there between 10-30 minutes. Huge difference.

Most of the Miner fans who buy tickets for football games are not associated with UTEP. They are just good El Pasoans.

Considering traffic on Saturdays in El Paso. Considering the parking situation at UTEP. 2 hours round trip are what good El Pasoans put up with to watch Miner games.

Too bad the WKU fan base took a dive today.

I don't accept it because I know UTEP can do better to attract fans. NMSU has promotions and/or giveaways at every game. Why doesn't UTEP do that?

You can start a new thread and ask that question. This thread is about the WKU fan base not showing up for a conference championship game.

Considering traffic on Saturdays in El Paso. Considering the parking situation at UTEP. 2 hours round trip are what good El Pasoans put up with to watch Miner games.

It takes me about 20 minutes to get to the Sun Bowl coming from Zaragoza. There is tons of free parking at UTEP. Some people are just too lazy and don't want to walk and complain that they can't park right in front of the stadium.

Who drives 2 hours round trip to watch Miner games? Most people get to the Sun Bowl in less than an hour round trip.

You can start a new thread and ask that question. This thread is about the WKU fan base not showing up for a conference championship game.

I can post whatever I feel relevant to the thread If you don't like my posts, then don't read them.

It takes me about 20 minutes to get to the Sun Bowl coming from Zaragoza.

Yes, you have made that claim before under previous screen names here.

Who drives 2 hours round trip to watch Miner games? Most people get to the Sun Bowl in less than an hour round trip.

Please provide your source. Traffic on 1-10. Horrible parking options for the Sun Bowl. The minutes add up. It takes close to an hour coming from the other parts of town.

I can post whatever I feel relevant to the thread If you don't like my posts, then don't read them.

It is a courtesy to stay on topic and not bring up the same tired points in every thread. But yeah, you can post whatever you want. And then post it again under a new screen name a few months later.

music222
El Paso Chihuahuas
UTEP05

Reactions: MEXTEX1
Please provide your source. Traffic on 1-10. Horrible parking options for the Sun Bowl. The minutes add up. It takes close to an hour coming from the other parts of town.

My source is me and others I talk to. Close to an hour one way? No way.

There is TONS of free parking where it takes about a 10 minute walk to get the Sun Bowl. There is a free garage right by the administrative building. Unfortunately, too many people are lazy to walk.

My source is me and others I talk to. Close to an hour one way? No way.

Depending on where you live, it can take 10 to 15 minutes just to get to 1-10.

15 to 25 minutes on 1-10 to get to appropriate exit.

5 to 10 minutes to get to UTEP and find parking.

Short walk to stadium.

That is close to an hour.

Depending on where you live, it can take 10 to 15 minutes just to get to 1-10.

15 to 25 minutes on 1-10 to get to appropriate exit.

5 to 10 minutes to get to UTEP and find parking.

Short walk to stadium.

That is close to an hour.

Where in El Paso does it take 25 minutes to get to the freeway?

Simple solution. Exit Porfirio Diaz. Tons of parking available. Takes 10 minutes to walk to stadium.

Close to an hour? Unless you walk at a snail's pace, it's won't take an hour.

Not all of us are Aggie fans and know the quickest route to Las Cruces like you do.

With Saturday traffic and the horrid parking options, absolutely.

I'm sorry I gave away a secret that taking I-10 West is the quickest way to Las Cruces.

I didn't realize by visiting Las Cruces you have to be an Aggie fan. I guess I will have to avoid Albuquerque from now on, otherwise I will be labeled a Lobo fan.

You didn't answer where. I live all the way by Zaragoza and it takes me 20 minutes. Where does it take an hour to get to the Sun Bowl?

With Saturday traffic and the horrid parking options, absolutely.

Unless there is an accident, traffic is pretty light.

Like I stated before, there is a free parking garage right by the administration building and it's a short walk to the Sun Bowl. You seem like the type of person I'm talking about who is too lazy to walk and complain that there isn't parking available right next to the stadium.

This thread got hijacked by Utep05... Delete please(moderator)

How did I hijack the thread? The thread was going smoothly until EP Maximum showed up. All I am doing is answering the comments directed towards me.

Kentucky basketball rules Kentucky. People simply decided to stay home and watch the ucla Kentucky game. Forget all this population bs. Had the dog offered this explanation, I think everyone would have said, you know, you're right for once.

Kentucky basketball rules Kentucky. People simply decided to stay home and watch the ucla Kentucky game. Forget all this population bs.

The population of Leixngton is over 300,000. You clearly missed my point.

The people's expressions in that photo just tells you the story. There is no fun anymore at the games!! I bet you could hear a pin drop. Also when is the last time you saw fans in attendance call for changes in at the top and coaching? Probably never.

Jeefus fn' christ if you guys want to have a tit for tat about such innocuous things exchange phone numbers already.

Back to the thread, I listened to the whole BS interview with Kappy and him to suggest that callers into the only El Paso sports talk show(that I know of) can be dismissed because they don't buy tickets is such a dick elitest comment. First of all, how does he know that they don't buy tickets, secondly let's say they don't at least they care enough to call in and air their concerns about the direction of the program, unlike BS.

To UTEP05
Back to the discussion about WKU championship attendance. I pulled up the other G5 championship numbers from this weekend and please tell me our league doesn't look second tier

MWC
@Wyoming 24,001/29,181 game played at night during 19 degrees Fahrenheit.

AAC
@Navy 22,815/34,000 no excuse should have closer to 30k

MAC
WMU 45,615/65,000 game played at Detroit Ford Field a 2 hr drive from the WMU campus.

CUSA
@Western Kentucky 13,213/22,000 game played at 42 degrees no rain. Would have rained if game started after four.

Can you really defend those numbers for our back to back champs?

Reactions: EP Maximus
I never denied that CUSA is second tier. You can tell right away because Western Kentucky has the smallest stadium. Last year they got 16,823. It's just weird that they drew better during the season. My guess is the 11 A.M. start time.

If the game would have started later on there would have been less people in the stands due to the high probability of rain during the afternoon. When fans want to go see their team they will travel as in the case of WMU or they will go at whatever time and weather as in the case of Wyoming.

If the game would have started later on there would have been less people in the stands due to the high probability of rain during the afternoon. When fans want to go see their team they will travel as in the case of WMU or they will go at whatever time and weather as in the case of Wyoming.

I don't deny anything you say. I guess the conclusion is that Western Kentucky doesn't have an abundance of die hard fans.

The population of Leixngton is over 300,000. You clearly missed my point.
You clearly missed mine, people stayed home to watch the game on the tube. Its Kentucky. Insinuating that only Lexington's are going to be interested in the game makes no sense. Hey, but I'm done...you're right on all counts, wherever.

Unless there is an accident, traffic is pretty light.

You could not be more wrong. The only thing most people agree on is the infrastructure and traffic in El Paso is beyond bad.

Like I stated before, there is a free parking garage right by the administration building and it's a short walk to the Sun Bowl.

Yes, and it takes some time to get to that parking building. I have already successfully established that.

You seem like the type of person I'm talking about who is too lazy to walk and complain that there isn't parking available right next to the stadium.

Since I don't live on the west side, I get to UTEP hours before the game and walk the surrounding areas supporting local businesses - trying different restaurants and shops.

You clearly missed mine, people stayed home to watch the game on the tube. Its Kentucky. Insinuating that only Lexington's are going to be interested in the game makes no sense. Hey, but I'm done...you're right on all counts, wherever.

There are over 300,000 people in Lexington. Not sure what your point is.

Where did I ever state that only people in the school's respective city are interested in the game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT