ADVERTISEMENT

This is not the WORST UTEP team I've seen, but the least fun to watch.

UTEP sports is on life support. Senter needs to get fired and Utep needs to bring in someone that's motivated and has fresh ideas. Just another good ole boy grifter in El Paso drawing a check. Not sure where the bottom is but seems we are near it. Sad

UTEP sports is on life support. Senter needs to get fired and Utep needs to bring in someone that's motivated and has fresh ideas. Just another good ole boy grifter in El Paso drawing a check. Not sure where the bottom is but seems we are near it. Sad
Who's going to fire Senter though? It's not her job. 😞

I'm not convinced that Golding can't get it done. He had to replace all but 3 of his players and the team he put together was competitive. They make games ugly with good defense and keep them close. (Kent St. might be the best example of this.) We have some of the pieces, but he has to bring in some scorers. There are some people stepping up with NIL money for the basketball program, so let's see whom Golding can bring in with that backing.

If the team is as miserable to watch next season, though, I just can't take it anymore.

The UTEP AD job only opens up when they finally decide to retire. Then they just hire another semi retired candidate that just collects a paycheck for doing nothing until they want to retire. Then the cycle keeps repeating itself.
If.you want to grift, El Paso is the place to be. See Tommy Gonzalez. Grifters gonna grift

Reactions: EPUTEP
I'm not convinced that Golding can't get it done. He had to replace all but 3 of his players and the team he put together was competitive. They make games ugly with good defense and keep them close. (Kent St. might be the best example of this.) We have some of the pieces, but he has to bring in some scorers. There are some people stepping up with NIL money for the basketball program, so let's see whom Golding can bring in with that backing.

If the team is as miserable to watch next season, though, I just can't take it anymore.

Lots of coaches had to replace their best players and turnover their whole roster. Jerome Tang (who UTEP passed on) brought in 12 transfers to Kansas St this year. They didn’t finish next to last in their conference.

Imagine getting paid $700k to say this. It's the same BS over and over again.

"Yeah it was a frustrating year. Not because they were tough to coach. But we were trying to get there. All year we were fighting for that inch. We're not into moral victories. UTEP wants to win. We're going to get there. I'm excited for the future."

"Yeah it was a frustrating year. Not because they were tough to coach. But we were trying to get there. All year we were fighting for that inch. We're not into moral victories. UTEP wants to win. We're going to get there. I'm excited for the future."
If I were him I'd be excited too. He gets 700k a year and doesn't have expectations put on him by the AD. Nice and cozy job.

was at the game, and I thought they were going to win it..Until late in the 1st half, when WKU made their run. UTEP has to be the sloppiest careless team with a ball, I’ve ever seen. I’m not sold on Golding, let’s get rid of Senter 1st. If Dimel and Golding stink it up next year, a fresh start all around would be nice. Senter needs to go, he is failing at UTEP.

was at the game, and I thought they were going to win it..Until late in the 1st half, when WKU made their run. UTEP has to be the sloppiest careless team with a ball, I’ve ever seen. I’m not sold on Golding, let’s get rid of Senter 1st. If Dimel and Golding stink it up next year, a fresh start all around would be nice. Senter needs to go, he is failing at UTEP.
Sorry man, only season ticket holders can make such comments…

Lots of coaches had to replace their best players and turnover their whole roster. Jerome Tang (who UTEP passed on) brought in 12 transfers to Kansas St this year. They didn’t finish next to last in their conference.
Meh....that's an assumption. I "think" Tang heard rumors about a better gig, so HE held out. He also probably wanted more money as well. Utep being Utep, they go cheap....

Sad to say, I've jumped off this wagon and ran away. Golding needs to get an ELITE scorer or 2 or I will jump into to the #firejoegolding mode.

As for senter, fire his dumb ass now.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Meh....that's an assumption. I "think" Tang heard rumors about a better gig, so HE held out. He also probably wanted more money as well. Utep being Utep, they go cheap....

Sad to say, I've jumped off this wagon and ran away. Golding needs to get an ELITE scorer or 2 or I will jump into to the #firejoegolding mode.

Dude, UTEP pays Bronzeing almost 400k more than FAU pays Dusty May. He makes more than Tim Miles does at SJSU. How is UTEP being cheap?

Senter, should have been fired the first year. He has done nothing for Utep Athletics!!!!!!!!

Dude, UTEP pays Bronzeing almost 400k more than FAU pays Dusty May. He makes more than Tim Miles does at SJSU. How is UTEP being cheap?
No comparison. Tang is gonna make 14 million dollars over 6 years at KSU. It's just as possible that he "passed" on UTEP to wait for something better as it is that UTEP passed on him.

We have no idea, yet narratives are gonna be spun.

No comparison. Tang is gonna make 14 million dollars over 6 years at KSU. It's just as possible that he "passed" on UTEP to wait for something better as it is that UTEP passed on him.

We have no idea, yet narratives are gonna be spun.
Yeah, but he was a finalist for the job last year. Do we know what exactly happened last year? No. Probably safe to assume Tang would have been coaching here if UTEP wanted him as HC.

It’s also possible that he was lowballed by UTEP and just decided to return to Baylor. It’s also possible Senter liked Bronzeing more. However, UTEP is paying 725k for a 10th place finish. Whatever Tang is getting a KSt is irrelevant now.

Yeah, but he was a finalist for the job last year. Do we know what exactly happened last year? No. Probably safe to assume Tang would have been coaching here if UTEP wanted him as HC.

It’s also possible that he was lowballed by UTEP and just decided to return to Baylor. It’s also possible Senter liked Bronzeing more. However, UTEP is paying 725k for a 10th place finish. Whatever Tang is getting a KSt is irrelevant now.
Any of those scenarios is quite possible, but how is it safe to assume if we wanted Tang, he'd be here? That is as much an assumption as any of the other scenarios. I think Tang knew what he was "worth", so in a sense, his salary at KSU is absolutely relevant.

Tang could have been testing the waters applying for the UTEP job. I can also imagine a scenario in which he was advised to pass the UTEP job up if offered. That is not so far out of the realm of possibility.

McCasland heading to TT?
It took him four years to make the tournament. If he doesn’t make it this year that’s only one appearance in 6 years. Is that fast enough and good enough for a team in the best basketball conference in the nation?

Yeah he kept saying "we were fighting for that inch all year" when he was referring to 'The Longest Yard' 🤣

I remember after they held the final interviews, the rumors were that UTEP chose Tang. I even believe I saw that on someone’s Twitter as breaking news. And then it was a couple of days, and they said it was Golding. My theory is that Tang was Utep’s first choice but Utep couldn’t make the money work. Pure speculation on my part though but makes sense to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT