ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Night

Heartbreaker tonight

Miners 58
ODU 68

Floyd still can't win a really big game at home. That said...Go Miners!

My official estimate of Ticket sales as of right now. 7800. Conservatively, that's about 65% of the Don now sold.

I too have a gut feeling that we lose this game. ODU is a bad matchup and they are playing very well lately.

In the other hand, that travel from the east coast is never easy on any team. Should be a good game either way.

I too have a gut feeling that we lose this game. ODU is a bad matchup and they are playing very well lately.

In the other hand, that travel from the east coast is never easy on any team. Should be a good game either way.

I liked that their coach was whining about the travel in the Nor-fvck article posted earlier.

Reactions: USAFminersfan
I predict UTEP to win by four.

ODU is on an impressive four game winning streak. They have won all of them by 20+. They have also all been at home except for the UAB game.

UAB hasn't been the same since they left El Paso. As they have now dropped six out of the last seven. ODU beat Charlotte at home but lost to them on the road earlier in the season. We beat Marshall by 20+ on the road they lost to them in Huntington. I would favor the Miners if WKU had to play us h/a in their return trip to El Paso.

It's an even game but I favor UTEP due to the long travel for ODU. And the huge home crowd in favor of the Miners. Tonight is going to be the biggest opposing crowd they have faced all season. Previous high was at MTSU (6,209). It will also likely end up being the biggest crowd they have seen all season home or away. Previous high at home vs VCU (8,472) which they lost.

Good luck Miners clinch that 3rd seed!

Honest question. How is this a bad matchup for us? They have one guy who goes 6-10, but only weighs 205. Pretty sure he scores 6/game with 4 boards. He is thinner than Bo was at his smallest.

They do have two guys at 6-7, however, if 2 of 3 of Willms, Thomas and Jones play well, I think we take this one. I do think our guards have to play slightly above average, but this is the time to rise to the occasion and I think they will.

ODU IS well balanced in scoring with 4 guys at above 10 points/gm. I just think our size will be too much for them. If anything, I think we are a bad matchup for them. Hope I'm right.

Reactions: MinerJo
Honest question. How is this a bad matchup for us? They have one guy who goes 6-10, but only weighs 205. Pretty sure he scores 6/game with 4 boards. He is thinner than Bo was at his smallest.

They do have two guys at 6-7, however, if 2 of 3 of Willms, Thomas and Jones play well, I think we take this one. I do think our guards have to play slightly above average, but this is the time to rise to the occasion and I think they will.

ODU IS well balanced in scoring with 4 guys at above 10 points/gm. I just think our size will be too much for them. If anything, I think we are a bad matchup for them. Hope I'm right.

Not really basing it off of size. I believe they arguably have the best defense in the league, which will be the difference maker in this game. I think Stith poses some problems for us as well. He's a stud. But back to that defense-- I think we have to have one of our better offensive performances of the season to take this. Guys like jake and Touchet will have to step up and help out omega, da, and willms because ODU will definitely have a gamelan centered around them...and they have the defensive talent to pose plenty of problems.

At the end of the day, however, my gut just tells me in going to be disappointed. It doesn't mean a dang thing, it's just a feeling I get. Hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:
Not really basing it off of size. I believe they arguably have the best defense in the league, which will be the difference maker in this game. I think Stith poses some problems for us as well. He's a stud.

At the end of the day, however, my gut just tells me in going to be disappointed. It doesn't mean a dang thing, it's just a feeling I get.

I gotcha. I'm going off a gut feeling as well. No offense, but I sure as hell hope mine is right, and not yours.:cool:

Reactions: USAFminersfan
I gotcha. I'm going off a gut feeling as well. No offense, but I sure as hell hope mine is right, and not yours.:cool:

Same here, man. Let's all hope your hippie psychic precognitive abilities are better than my hippie psychic precognitive abilities.

Also, I ate a McDonald's big Mac meal earlier, so perhaps my gut is simply in a bitch mood altogether...

Reactions: MineroFanatico
You can send my money to gloryroad1966 at yahoo dot com

I'll expect it within 20 minutes of the tonight's final buzzer.

You can send my money to gloryroad1966 at yahoo dot com

I'll expect it within 20 minutes of the tonight's final buzzer.

Just tried to send the money and it says: "
There's a problem
This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

Tried it on two different account and it says the same thing. Do you have another e-mail address? Is there anything wrong with your account?

For those out there who will say I don't want to pay up: The fact is I really do and I never had this problem before on Paypal.

Last edited:
Very tough loss. We need to get a win vs Charlotte on Saturday afternoon for the 4th seed (or a Rice loss at WKU) and we need a crowd of 7,017 or larger to surpass ODU for the conference attendance crown for the 4th straight year.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
Just tried to send the money and it says: "
There's a problem
This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

Tried it on two different account and it says the same thing. Do you have another e-mail address? Is there anything wrong with your account?

For those out there who will say I don't want to pay up: The fact is I really do and I never had this problem before on Paypal.

Try again. I needed to confirm my email address.

It was a joke since I know many of you are obsessed with that name. I just signed up for the account.
btchplz.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT