ADVERTISEMENT

Tiecher

Was there any APPARENT reason Wade only got 3 minutes of pt?

Flaggert had 24.

Tirus looked like he had a decent game going in the 5 minutes he played in the first half. Guess he never went back in.

Reactions: unihorn
This is all connected with the ongoing saga of unsolved mysteries associated with this lousy program. There hasn't been a game this year that wasn't surrounded by question marks. Who knows their strategy next game might be to start Willms at the point and put Gilyard in the low post.

Last edited:
who cares about Frazier just move on about asking about him. Utep wasnt winning with him on the floor. This whole season is done and its time to just move on.

He was in the doghouse after getting that technical foul. We could have used him in the 2nd half when UTSA was playing small.
At least he had some fire! The rest of the team should have a fraction of his gusto. He's the biggest cheerleader on the bench.
I say, "Good for him!".

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
At least he had some fire! The rest of the team should have a fraction of his gusto. He's the biggest cheerleader on the bench.
I say, "Good for him!".
I agree he had some fire out on the court. He is a freshman... chew him out in the locker room at halftime and be done with it. Then play him in the 2nd half. We could have really used him in the 2nd half.

I respect what your saying and I always have and still admire and respect Tiecher - but why continue to have the post game coaches show if the only thing your going to address is the obvious how many free throws we missed how we got outrebounded no 2nd half defense etc.. we all know that and really don't care to here it. It's obvious what we would like to know are some of the elephant in the room issues that are always ignored. After awhile it gets very frustrating and if he is not going to ask anything of relevance that is of importance to the fans then don't do the interview at all. Also aren't all play by play sportscasters considered part of the press?

Reactions: miner1liner
You can tell they don’t want to address the negative. It is what it is. Why else did they stop taking calls during the lost game wrap up?

You can tell they don’t want to address the negative. It is what it is. Why else did they stop taking calls during the lost game wrap up?
Teacher has always been a great play by play man. We've been lucky to have him all these years. Give him credit during these horrible times on being able to maintain a degree of excitement (although it might be manufactured) at the underwhelming performance of football and basketball. That requires some talent on his part. I must agree though that there have been countless post and pregame shows where I waited for him to pose the obvious questions that we all wanted answered and he never asked. I don't watch or listen to every game anymore, and there's no point in listening to same BS afterwards as to why we lost again.
Amen.

I agree, I love Teich as a play by play guy. When we bitch and moan about everything we go through as Miner Fans, that poor guy has had a front row seat to EVERYTHING. But you can tell, as an employee of UTEP, and I would assume a good friend of the coaches he isn’t going to put buddies/coworkers in a bad spot. It’s in his best interest to feed them softballs.

When asked why Frazier didn't play Saturday, Johnson said that there are things Frazier still needs to learn and other players play defense better right now.

I think the times mentioned he had missed some practices, don’t remember it was the entire week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT