ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Floyd: "If you blame it on me, you don't get it"

This is like a pending divorce, it's getting real ugly before somebody decides to pull the plug.

Floyd just sounds delusional, he's really gonna need a therapy clause in that severance agreement...

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
We couldn't beat NAU at home who is ranked 349/351 what makes you think we are ready to beat a top 300 team in FAU?

Edit I noticed you mentioned FIU but still the answer is the same no.

In regards to Lee Moore, Vince Hunter, and Josh McSwiggan leaving the program, and why UTEP has lost 12 straight for the first time since the 1930's. According to Floyd no other team in mid-major hoops can battle through that. Heard that before right? Like every game during this losing streak?

He said this on the post game radio show, no apologies, no accountability, it just gets worse, and worse, and worse...

Thoughts?
Do you know why Floyd was on the post game?

I miss those days vs BYU and Fennis Dembo (aka Dumbo to the fans chanting). UTEP now has its longest losing streak in 80 years (since 1934-35). And then to hear Floyd say that after the game is beyond delusional...we have to keep the pressure on Stull, Natalicio and Floyd. Keep writing those emails and making those calls to those offices and to SportsTalk and the Times. We need our sponsors and major donors voices too. Perhaps a call to them would help? This may be our last point of leverage. UTEP admin may not care about the fans but they may care about the dollars from sponsors and the fans calling them. Desperate times...

Nevada just rallied from 11 down with less than a minute to go to send the game vs the Lobos into OT on the deuce. crazy stuff.

Nevada just rallied from 11 down with less than a minute to go to send the game vs the Lobos into OT on the deuce. crazy stuff.
That was a great game and comeback by Nevada. Fun seeing UNM go down especially since it doesn't matter for the Miners this year.

giphy.gif
I'm new, but I love this board. Good night.
200_s.gif

I just have a hard time believing that Stull and Natalicio are that stupid, blind, naive, ignorant, (etc) to the situation. How can they watch this sh*t show and yet they (the administration) consistently let Floyd open his mouth with this drivel. The program has been nothing but a series of disasters under his watch. He needs to man up and admit this season is a disaster and accept the blame. I'll give it to Kugs, he's stubborn when it comes to running his gameplan but at least he's the first one to fall on the sword when they suck.

Reactions: JCorona
I just have a hard time believing that Stull and Natalicio are that stupid, blind, naive, ignorant, (etc) to the situation. How can they watch this sh*t show and yet they (the administration) consistently let Floyd open his mouth with this drivel. The program has been nothing but a series of disasters under his watch. He needs to man up and admit this season is a disaster and accept the blame. I'll give it to Kugs, he's stubborn when it comes to running his gameplan but at least he's the first one to fall on the sword when they suck.

The reason they are allowed to do this is because UTEP has a loyal fan base. If UTEP was averaging 1,000 or even 2,000 fans a game I can bet a change would have been made by now.

"Not a team in the country could withstand our losses," Floyd said. "We would have Vince Hunter (who left two seasons ago) and Lee Moore (who left last season) as seniors and both those guys would be candidates for the league MVP. Our team would be contending for a championship if we had those two. We also lost Terry Winn to discipline issues and Josh McSwiggan left.

"So we are shorthanded," Floyd said. "We've got seven new ones (players) coming in next year. So the cavalry is on the way."

Not stupidity or blindness or naivety or ignorance. I get the feeling it's complacency. They just don't give a damn and/or don't know what to do about it. Probably sitting around twiddling their thumbs going, "Duhh".

Anyone in their right mind would tell Floyd to shut the hell up because he's making it worse. That's why I am so dumbfounded with not only the state of the athletic dept but the university.

Not stupidity or blindness or naivety or ignorance. I get the feeling it's complacency. They just don't give a damn and/or don't know what to do about it. Probably sitting around twiddling their thumbs going, "Duhh".

Absolutely 100% spot on. And THAT'S the reason you will not easily "repeal and replace" Bob Stull with the current president in place. No potential AD candidate will torpedo his/her career by volunteering for the Bataan Death March, otherwise known as UTEP athletics. Even if Stull retires, voluntarily or otherwise, what promising candidate or established AD will accept the challenge of transforming an entire culture and administration that has been complacent for the past decade (or longer), leading to the current crap hole? That's the reason your FB coach can win four games in his fourth season and your BB coach can put perhaps the worst product in the NCAA on the court after 7 seasons and both feel they will be around the following season.

For all the good that Dr. Natalicio has accomplished at UTEP, part of her legacy will be that she presided over an athletic department that deteriorated, in every sense of the word, to the absolute depths of intercollegiate sports. You can blame Tim Floyd and Sean Kugler, and you should and you would be right. You can blame Bob Stull, and you most certainly should. But at the beginning, middle, and end of the day, this sack of dog shit rests squarely on Dr. Natalicio's doorstep.

I have written several emails to Dr Natalicio. I've stated this before so pardon my repetitiveness. She answered the first one, but nothing since. No way to know if she's actually reading them or if I'm getting some kind of automated response. There must be someone on this board that can personally contact her.
I've been pleading with her that if nothing else, she at least needs to step up to the podium and acknowledge that she recognizes that there is a catastrophic situation and it's being addressed. Silence will not work!

I have written several emails to Dr Natalicio. I've stated this before so pardon my repetitiveness. She answered the first one, but nothing since. No way to know if she's actually reading them or if I'm getting some kind of automated response. There must be someone on this board that can personally contact her.
I've been pleading with her that if nothing else, she at least needs to step up to the podium and acknowledge that she recognizes that there is a catastrophic situation and it's being addressed. Silence will not work!

Dr. Grandma Natalicio lives in another world where everything is painted in pink.

Pretty sure your hat is not all that goes to him. Have a nice affair loverboys.

I've noticed that you are very used to criticize and insult newcomers on this board, how they talk, how they write, etc. That's usually very typical from somebody bien mierda y bien manfleis como tu comprenderás…

Last edited:
allminer = randaddyminer ?

I wonder….
Before you burst a blood vessel from too much thought, randaddy is an avid soccer fan. He joined in all discussions having to do with soccer. I, on the other hand don't, because I have zero interest in the sport. There...deep breaths, don't stroke out.

Before you burst a blood vessel from too much thought, randaddy is an avid soccer fan. He joined in all discussions having to do with soccer. I, on the other hand don't, because I have zero interest in the sport. There...deep breaths, don't stroke out.

And how come you remember so well if that was like five years ago ? randdady miner also liked to discuss Football and Basketball, otherwise we would't have been on this board. Or don't tell me he was here do discuss UTEP women's soccer ?

Last edited:
And how come you remember so well if that was like five years ago ? randdady miner also liked to discuss Football and Basketball, otherwise we would't have been on this board. Or don't tell me he was here do discuss UTEP women's soccer ?
I think the one with the poor memory is you. I was actually a member of this board before randaddy. I actually clashed with him at first. Randaddy and mistabinks both were banned from this board maybe a year ago, give or take a few months, not 5 years ago. Unlike your beau, they've had the intergrity to stay away and honor their ban. They were good posters and I'm sure most members here miss them way more than they miss music,chi,05, elpasosports for the short periods he actually honors his exiles.

I think the one with the poor memory is you. I was actually a member of this board before randaddy. I actually clashed with him at first. Randaddy and mistabinks both were banned from this board maybe a year ago, give or take a few months, not 5 years ago. Unlike your beau, they've had the intergrity to stay away and honor their ban. They were good posters and I'm sure most members here miss them way more than they miss music,chi,05, elpasosports for the short periods he actually honors his exiles.

No, I don't have bad memory, I remember randdady miner quite well from 5 years ago or even further back because I was here. In fact you and him show exactly the same behavior, same pattern which is to INSULT ans CRITICIZE new comers, instead of showing respect. You as well as him think you own this board and that gives you the right to launch insults towards new comers, etc. And yes I remember he was banned and I'm glad he was. He had NO integrity, in fact he showed very low class. It's funny how you defend him...

Last edited:
My son just asked me for my Thursday basketball tickets -- think he wants to take a date.

I told him he can have Saturday's, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT