ADVERTISEMENT

TV for tomorrow’s game

No offense AZminer but your question makes me wonder how many on this board are followers of UTEP's athletic site or follow UTEP accounts on facebook, instagram or twitter. All of those sites are good at advertising UTEP athletic events and the main UTEP twitter account has over 98k followers.

No offense AZminer but your question makes me wonder how many on this board are followers of UTEP's athletic site or follow UTEP accounts on facebook, instagram or twitter. All of those sites are good at advertising UTEP athletic events and the main UTEP twitter account has over 98k followers.
I also wonder how anyone who follows The Miners or has even the slightest interest would have to resort to asking on Miner Digs about game coverage. Seems to happen every week. Are they oblivious to the website or other media?

They’re really not. It’s actually not very easy to find that if you’re not local. Plus not all of us are slaves to social media

They’re really not. It’s actually not very easy to find that if you’re not local. Plus not all of us are slaves to social media
No, it actually is. That information is not exclusive to the print edition of the El Paso Times. It’s on UTEP’s schedule page on their website. It’s actually more “difficult” and takes more time to find MinerDigs, post a message, then wait for a response.

Anything you want to know about the game tomorrow is on UTEP’s website.

You can go to fbschedules.com. There it has every schedule, for every football team ever. It was the TV listings updated every week. Most games are chosen by “TV channels” 3 weeks before hand. The only ones not, involve big games, which UTEP will never be a part of.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Damn! Wow. Why is it such a big deal to ask about game coverage on here? Especially since there is some reliable info on here.

jcorona posted about the game being on kvia a few weeks ago, and if he hadn’t I wouldn’t have been able to watch because I don’t have whatever other network it was on.

No, it actually is. That information is not exclusive to the print edition of the El Paso Times. It’s on UTEP’s schedule page on their website. It’s actually more “difficult” and takes more time to find MinerDigs, post a message, then wait for a response.

Anything you want to know about the game tomorrow is on UTEP’s website.

You can go to fbschedules.com. There it has every schedule, for every football team ever. It was the TV listings updated every week. Most games are chosen by “TV channels” 3 weeks before hand. The only ones not, involve big games, which UTEP will never be a part of.
Or you can just ask a friendly someone from the forum a lot of us spend so much time on.

Not offended 😆 And I follow almost all Utep sports on Twitter and saw the time it started and a link for tix but not what station it would be broadcasted on. First week it was some weird cable station I had never heard of until JCorona posted the kiva url. So thanks to you all that can help out. Go Miners!

I only follow UTEP football on Twitter and I've scrolled their entire account for the last week. Not a single post of where on TV the game is. Kind of makes you wonder how big of a social media addict you have to be to find this information.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
I'm back in El Paso and saw the univision news at 5 and 10 last night. During the sports section not a single mention of UTEP or the game today. Wtf why isn't Univision or UTEP doing more to reach out to the Spanish only parts of the city. Easily missing out on the majority of the local market.

I only follow UTEP football on Twitter and I've scrolled their entire account for the last week. Not a single post of where on TV the game is. Kind of makes you wonder how big of a social media addict you have to be to find this information.
You don’t even need social media. You can go to the football schedule on the UTEP website on find this information.

Or you could post a question here. I spend more time on here than I do any other website. When I want UTEP news I come here first.

Ran the same test on the official UTEP Miners Athletic Twitter and behold no mention of where to watch the game.

Maybe instead of piling on someone who has a genuine question y'all could direct that energy to whoever runs the UTEP social media accounts.

I'm back in El Paso and saw the univision news at 5 and 10 last night. During the sports section not a single mention of UTEP or the game today. Wtf why isn't Univision or UTEP doing more to reach out to the Spanish only parts of the city. Easily missing out on the majority of the local market.
El Super Clasico is on Univision at the same time as the UTEP game. What percentage of people watching the Univision news are going to attend the UTEP game tomorrow, if this is the first they heard about it?

I know there are a lot of stupid people in El Paso, but if you’re barely hearing about the game on Friday night, you’re not a fan.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
El Super Clasico is on Univision at the same time as the UTEP game. What percentage of people watching the Univision news are going to attend the UTEP game tomorrow, if this is the first they heard about it?

I know there are a lot of stupid people in El Paso, but if you’re barely hearing about the game on Friday night, you’re not a fan.
My point is I doubt they've been advertising UTEP on Univision. It's not a last minute push but should have been going on all week. I can't say if they just forgot about UTEP last night or if this has been happening for an extended time.

Or you could post a question here. I spend more time on here than I do any other website. When I want UTEP news I come here first.

Ran the same test on the official UTEP Miners Athletic Twitter and behold no mention of where to watch the game.

Maybe instead of piling on someone who has a genuine question y'all could direct that energy to whoever runs the UTEP social media accounts.

Don’t need social media. Also, UTEP doesn’t want you to watch the game on Tv. They want you to buy tickets to the game.

Again, if you bookmark FBschedules and the UTEP football schedule, you will always know when the game is and where to watch.

McDonalds doesn’t tweet out their menu. If you’ve never been, them and every other chain has their menu on their website.

There we have it.

Don't come to the most popular and active UTEP site and ask questions about the UTEP game.

Go to other sites to get that information. You dumbasses.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
There we have it.

Don’t go to the website that has every piece of information about tonight’s game, come here and ask a specific question that is easily available on THE UTEP website.

Ask those questions on an unofficial website to get that information. You dumbasses.

Look for it on there. Whatever you do please don't ask Miner fans on a utep message board. They'll assume you're not a fan.
On the link you provided, the UTEP athletics web site, clear as day in big letters, ESPN+.

So the sports department at univision doesn't cover UTEP? Why not? And are you saying that most of El Paso speaks only spanish and so univision is watched by more El Pasoans than all the local english speaking channels? If that's the case then UTEP definitely needs to do some serious investing in spanish advertising. No wonder they only get 14k per game.

You're right. My apologies. That isn't what I've seen all week though.
Maybe it's cuz you're on a laptop or computer. For those of us that rely on cell phones it's not clearly stated. It's also not mentioned anywhere on either the football or Miner athletic Twitter accounts. I don't follow on Instagram or Facebook but at that point it's just easier to post a question here and wait for Nowins to tells us a man landed on the moon.

Reactions: Dmanminer
So we are having football pre-parties across town in a city that has the most drunk driving in the country. There is concern regarding the Mexican channels who could care less about promoting UTEP sports. We are building a new stadium cause our attendance sucks. Natalicio was great cause she made UTEP cheap. There are zero updates regarding the MBB team. We will be stuck out in the cold with conference realignment cause our new president lied about caring about UTEP sports. We have the worst FB coach in the country, but he is 2-1 in year 4 against trash teams so give him a chance.

And we are arguing about not being able to look up info on the UTEP website or ask here on Minerdigs? Hahahahaha.

Maybe it's cuz you're on a laptop or computer. For those of us that rely on cell phones it's not clearly stated. It's also not mentioned anywhere on either the football or Miner athletic Twitter accounts. I don't follow on Instagram or Facebook but at that point it's just easier to post a question here and wait for Nowins to tells us a man landed on the moon.
Usually I use my tablet but sometimes my phone. Just used both again and saw the page I've seen most of the week. It's a bit odd that I get the page you displayed once in a while too.

So the sports department at univision doesn't cover UTEP? Why not? And are you saying that most of El Paso speaks only spanish and so univision is watched by more El Pasoans than all the local english speaking channels? If that's the case then UTEP definitely needs to do some serious investing in spanish advertising. No wonder they only get 14k per game.
Univision will cover what their viewers care about. CBS doesn’t cover UACJ or mention FC Juarez. Can’t expect KINT to cover UTEP

I am a real UTEP fan. I know who and when we’re playing and on what channel. Next weeks game is also on ESPN+ at 7pm. On Monday, the channel for USM will be announced. The rest of the games this year are on ESPN+ or ESPN3.

Took them long enough. If I was running the account I would have provided a link to ESPN+ but as you said they rather you be at the game.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I am a real UTEP fan. I know who and when we’re playing and on what channel. Next weeks game is also on ESPN+ at 7pm. On Monday, the channel for USM will be announced. The rest of the games this year are on ESPN+ or ESPN3.
Real UTEP fans go to the game. I traveled 9hrs to attend this one. Am I not a real fan cuz I didn't know it was on ESPN+?

Real UTEP fans go to the game. I traveled 9hrs to attend this one. Am I not a real fan cuz I didn't know it was on ESPN+?
I assume you drove 9 hours because you WANTED to and not because you were unaware the game was on ESPN+. I know you didn’t drive because you thought that was the only way to see the game.

I will assume that MinerInWisconsin is actually in Wisconsin and not attending the game. Are you telling me he is not a “real fan”?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT