ADVERTISEMENT

Tyrin Smith isn't leaving

Only if we can convince Brownholtz to change his mind, too, otherwise we won't have a QB to throw to Tyrin.
We just need someone that won't screw it up. Run the football up the gut pretty much every down.

Hardisons issue was he would screw it up. I hope we have someone on the roster that can spell Hardison if an injury happens again.

We just need someone that won't screw it up. Run the football up the gut pretty much every down.

Hardisons issue was he would screw it up. I hope we have someone on the roster that can spell Hardison if an injury happens again.
It looks like we do so far. It's spring ball so it's tough to really tell.

Reactions: Lil_Train
He knows the tacos/enchiladas are better in the 915. Can't blame him.
Especially the enchiladas. In El Paso and New Mexico, no matter what other enchiladas sauces might be available in any given restaurant, a sauce made from red chiles and one from green chiles are always on the menu. I don't know about College Station, but here in San Antonio the standard enchilada sauce is "gravy" (WTF?), and green enchilada sauce is made from tomatillos (sacrilege!). If Tyrin wants a good enchilada I certainly don't blame him for wanting to return to El Paso. And don't get me started on San Antonio's flavorless, pinky finger sized tamales ...

Preach Maniac! These culo-birds eat tortillas with their menudo! Heathens! It’s bolillo bread or bust!

As for College Station, Santa’s Wonderland is the only must-see.
I was eating pulled pork at San Lorenzo in Clint two weekends ago with a dignitary from the lower Rio Grande valley and he said they do eat Menudo with tortillas. Our EP delegation just looked at him with a “Are you serious?!” glance. Lol.

Not really. I was told he would be back for spring ball. That's not the case. He maybe back by summer, but we'll see. There's somethings to iron out before that happens or so I'm told.
Yeah hopefully coach makes him stand up in front of his teammates, explain and ask for their blessing

Reactions: MineroFanatico
That's not it, but as far as I know none of the players are upset with him. Every single one of them understands doing what's best for you and your family. Like it or not college athletics is a business.
It's a life lesson. Not everything is about athletics or business. The fact that he has left twice and may want to come back twice is a step beyond 'looking out for you and your family'. Some people will get that and some people won't.

It's a life lesson. Not everything is about athletics or business. The fact that he has left twice and may want to come back twice is a step beyond 'looking out for you and your family'. Some people will get that and some people won't.
He's an immature kid. Let's keep it in perspective.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Right. Like I said before, Dismel may have recruited other players and made plans/promises to replace his playing time. Simply “not fair” to let him come back, AGAIN.

If you leave your current job for a new job, most times, they just won’t let you come back and get your old deal back. Maybe you could do it once. I really doubt many bosses would let someone do it a second time. In this example, I am talking about a real job. Not bartending or some construction worker.

Right. Like I said before, Dismel may have recruited other players and made plans/promises to replace his playing time. Simply “not fair” to let him come back, AGAIN.

If you leave your current job for a new job, most times, they just won’t let you come back and get your old deal back. Maybe you could do it once. I really doubt many bosses would let someone do it a second time. In this example, I am talking about a real job. Not bartending or some construction worker.
I like how you clarify that at the end. I think I know who that was for.

While it should be a life lesson that is simply not how college athletics works. It's all about winning. If they think he can help them win, they will welcome him back as many times as necessary. UTEP is not in a position to be handing out lessons. Maybe if we went bowling last season.

While it should be a life lesson that is simply not how college athletics works. It's all about winning. If they think he can help them win, they will welcome him back as many times as necessary. UTEP is not in a position to be handing out lessons. Maybe if we went bowling last season.
If it's about winning then maybe we need a new coach.

No college coach should be guaranteeing playing time. If your on the team it should be a competition about who gives the team the best chance to win.

Reactions: MinerFan79 and Rot

Ouch....But I agree with you on your point. I recently had a bartender quit without notice. 3 weeks later she came back and apologized so I am giving her another chance, but she lost some of her sweet shifts and she's pissed. LOL

I'm on the fence about Smith. If he is allowed back again, he should have to prove he is better than the other dudes like he is the new guy again.

Ouch....But I agree with you on your point. I recently had a bartender quit without notice. 3 weeks later she came back and apologized so I am giving her another chance, but she lost some of her sweet shifts and she's pissed. LOL

I'm on the fence about Smith. If he is allowed back again, he should have to prove he is better than the other dudes like he is the new guy again.
I wouldn't have let him come back after trying to leave last year. I have very low expectations for next season so utep can't really afford to play hard to get with Tyrin (although I agree he should work his way back up).

It was not directed towards you and being a bartender or construction worker are tough jobs, but like in your scenario, it’s easier to bring “that type” of worker back. If you’re the GM of McDonalds and leave for BK and try to come back a month later, probably not happening and it’s a lot harder to do so

This is the good side of Dimel. He is a players coach and is well respected. I would love to see way more wins but what he decides with Smith I will accept.

It was not directed towards you and being a bartender or construction worker are tough jobs, but like in your scenario, it’s easier to bring “that type” of worker back. If you’re the GM of McDonalds and leave for BK and try to come back a month later, probably not happening and it’s a lot harder to do so
You are right...ack...lol However, even "that type" of worker shouldn't go to the top upon returning. It's an earned thing.

Unless the GM was just simply amazing, I would presume you are correct.

I don't know the situation with Smith nor do I know his relationship with the team. so, meh...

See? I CAN agree with you. Ha!

If the team has a spot let him back in as dead last on the depth chart. If we have to let go of a young man to make room for him, nah….wish him luck and move on. Can’t let this man hold the program hostage while he backpedals again on his decision. You wanted to be the dawg, then go to A&M and win the spot outright.

"Perhaps the biggest headline to come out of spring was the potential return of last season's leading receiver, Tyrin Smith. Last year's featured pass catcher left for Texas A&M, but realized he was going to be a backup and has expressed interest in returning to the Miners. At the moment that seems likely, though it will be June before that can happen, when he gets his grades from his one semester in College Station."

"Perhaps the biggest headline to come out of spring was the potential return of last season's leading receiver, Tyrin Smith. Last year's featured pass catcher left for Texas A&M, but realized he was going to be a backup and has expressed interest in returning to the Miners. At the moment that seems likely, though it will be June before that can happen, when he gets his grades from his one semester in College Station."
That's not why he's coming back at all! It's actually very smart of him why he's coming back and not football related.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT