ADVERTISEMENT

UAB Bowl game

pay4dirt

All Star
Gold Member
Feb 21, 2007
Watched some of UABs bowl game against Northern Illinois. It was supposed to be a close game. A field goal either way as to who would win. UAB pretty much controlled the whole game. They won by 24. A solid win by a team that didn't even play two years ago. It would be nice if the Miners got any where near that good.

Even though many will say that Conference USA is a third rate conference, we have been holding our own in bowl games. Won some, lost some. But as a conference, our bowl record has been better than the PAC 12s. Didn't they go 1-5 last year? That stat is off the top of my head I'll admit. I wish the conference were stronger, but we're not as bad as some will say. We need to improve the bottom half of the conference a good deal. UTEP comes to mind in that category. But it's good to see some
C-USA team beating the odds. Marshall is 6 and 0 under their current coach in bowl games for instance.

Gotta give some credit to the 3 CUSA wins so far, a lot better than the first 2. Too bad they only beat very average teams - NIU, Toledo, and South Florida. Let’s see what happens to Loserana Tech tomorrow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT