ADVERTISEMENT

UAB Game thread

The team is improved. He's earned the chance to try to improve them again next season.

Let's enjoy the bowl game and benefit from the extra practices. The defense is definitely improved, although they've had bad breakdowns at the end of halves/games. I think they can fix that. Hardison has gotten some great experience this season and he still has two seasons left.

I don't think this would be a good time to blow up the team. We've suffered through several 1-win seasons but now we have a winning record. Just enjoy it for what it is!
Our fear of failure has always been greater than our fear of success. I strongly believe a coach like Fuente would come in and turn this team into a double digit win team in one year.

I was in a golf tournament during the game but we had it streaming on espn plus. We had a 3rd and 1 in the 3rd quarter. We decided to throw…long…and missed by a mile. Ended up punting. My ability to watch was spotty but we seemed to have lost steam offensively after that. We have RBs that can easily get a yard, why the **** didn’t we run the ball and keep the drive alive? Dimel opted for this far too many times during the season. He is a terrible game time manager.

Our fear of failure has always been greater than our fear of success. I strongly believe a coach like Fuente would come in and turn this team into a double digit win team in one year.
I’d take Fuente in a heartbeat. Would he take us?

The team is improved. He's earned the chance to try to improve them again next season.

Let's enjoy the bowl game and benefit from the extra practices. The defense is definitely improved, although they've had bad breakdowns at the end of halves/games. I think they can fix that. Hardison has gotten some great experience this season and he still has two seasons left.

I don't think this would be a good time to blow up the team. We've suffered through several 1-win seasons but now we have a winning record. Just enjoy it for what it is!
Totally disagree, while he has improved the talent, he’s similar to Terry. Can’t game coach. The team never is aware of game situations, wasted time outs because they aren’t prepared. Have committed the same penalties for his entire four years., brings in coaches for personal reasons instead of ability. Just believe he needs to go.

I’d take Fuente in a heartbeat. Would he take us?
You've been getting lucky and missed some bad losses.

Unfortunately we'll never find out.

My reasoning is if Helton who was making close to 5 million at USC is now going to Georgia Southern for 800k. Why can't we try and get Fuente who was making a little over 4 million at VT at 1 million to coach UTEP?

The foundation is set for someone to take over and win in year 1. That would take an AD with a business like mentality. Someone who doesn't mind screwing over the loyal fans in exchange for a few dollars.

7-5(above 500)/bowl game although it my be NM bowl…I consider this season a success for UTEP. Sure a better record and or better execution in some games that we lost would have been nice but my outlooks for next season will be higher (barring any injuries).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT