ADVERTISEMENT

Uniforms

kickballpro

MI Miner Maniac
Mar 24, 2006
i liked the jerseys last night. But it seems like we just wear hand me downs. The pants and helmets from another era. Last week we had the ugly greys with that dumb 80's stripe and the new logo. This week a nice looking jersey and a retro logo. Anyway, there is never continuity in the way we dress.

As far as the action on the field. I left at the first delay. Wasn't dressed for rain. Still tough to watch. We aren't as talented as our opponents and lackluster recruiting is catching up.

I mean chrome helmets for UTSA!?!!!
But hell we got old Paydirt Pete stickers with mismatching baby blue and navy blue!
I mean even the sole pick axe logo from the Texas vs the Nation days were better!
Thanks Uncle Bob!

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I mean chrome helmets for UTSA!?!!!
But hell we got old Paydirt Pete stickers with mismatching baby blue and navy blue!
I mean even the sole pick axe logo from the Texas vs the Nation days were better!
Thanks Uncle Bob!
I agree. I disliked the cartoon Paydirt Pete logo back in the 80's and it has not improved in the last 30 years.

It's more than just a lackluster recruiting. You can recruit a C or even D rated class, but you need to be able to coach'em up. The Miner's coaching staff doesn't appear to have that ability.
Give it time. I thought last season's team was pretty well coached-up, and this season's team has been hit pretty hard with injuries. I don't expect a bowl game this season, but I do want to see improvement as the season progresses. Building a consistent winner requires patience. There are several young players getting good experience this season.

Give it time. I thought last season's team was pretty well coached-up, and this season's team has been hit pretty hard with injuries. I don't expect a bowl game this season, but I do want to see improvement as the season progresses. Building a consistent winner requires patience. There are several young players getting good experience this season.

I totally get that. The problems are two-fold. One, Kug's gave himself three years. Of course, he'll waffle from that because he believes they are close to turning the program around, and he is. Granted he has a young team, but between last year and this years OL, in particular, has shown little improvement. That's a coaching issue. The defense last season was a veteran group. This group, hit hard by injuries to DBs has been problematic and exposed. Now toss in the loss of one of the more seasoned DBs, it has the potential to get worse. Given their youth, do you continue the status quo, or do you tweak the scheme at hand? So far, there looks as if little tweaking has been done.

The second, most important part is all new coaches are evaluated in their 3rd year. That's the new breakeven point for head coaches. Do I think Kugs is vulnerable? Naw. Not now. However, a new AD may feel differently.

The second, most important part is all new coaches are evaluated in their 3rd year.
Yes, but perhaps Kugler is ahead of schedule since he took the Miners bowling in his second year. I think that gives him a little leeway in his third year, given the youth on this team coupled with the injuries.

I just want to see improvement this season, and expectations will be higher next season.

Why all the injury excuses???? This what happens when 1 player IS your offense. If 1 player generated 90% of your offense and he gets hurt, you just lost 90% of your offense. Jones is talented but he is a smaller RB., he isn't durable. The blame is on Kugler.

I totally get that. The problems are two-fold. One, Kug's gave himself three years. Of course, he'll waffle from that because he believes they are close to turning the program around, and he is. Granted he has a young team, but between last year and this years OL, in particular, has shown little improvement. That's a coaching issue. The defense last season was a veteran group. This group, hit hard by injuries to DBs has been problematic and exposed. Now toss in the loss of one of the more seasoned DBs, it has the potential to get worse. Given their youth, do you continue the status quo, or do you tweak the scheme at hand? So far, there looks as if little tweaking has been done.

The second, most important part is all new coaches are evaluated in their 3rd year. That's the new breakeven point for head coaches. Do I think Kugs is vulnerable? Naw. Not now. However, a new AD may feel differently.

I agree with Feral in that one, Kugs included, could make the argument that he has turned the program around because he had the first winning record in several years. I'm not in the camp that would agree that a corner has been turned, but I bet it's what Kugs hangs his hat on when the question is brought up at the end of what looking more and more like an abysmal season.

Price had the Miners ranked, that is called turning the program around... Kugler did do a good job last year, but like Price has stunk it up bad... Obviously he aint going anywhere... We all know that won't happen. They can still get to a bowl game this season, but something has to change, and the big question. Can they actually achieve it? Metz struggled, but I bet he comes back and has a great game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT