ADVERTISEMENT

UNM attendance

UNM will bring some travelers.

Yeah! They will be so excited after beating Houston Baptist and maybe NMSU! Surely after a beat down from Texas A&M, they will be wanting to travel 4 hours to see their team play a CUSA bottom dweller!!!!

Not that a ton of UNM fans will travel from Albuquerque, but there are a lot of UNM grads, or NM transplants in EP that will seize the opportunity to catch a local UNM game. It’s the only reason I’m estimating over 15K.

Anyone notice how the new premium box seating area was hardly being used during the BCU game. Not good. Anybody been up the new terrace bar area?

Reactions: kickballpro
The city probably doesn't give a fvck anymore. Even though some of us who hang on by the proverbial thread have been here for 50 fvcking years. And we are dying off.

Let that sink in.
I agree, the city as a whole abandoned UTEP long ago but I understand. We’re all gluttons for punishment and I don’t expect anyone to support a team that loses as much, or as bad as the Miners.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxRdKiller
I agree, the city as a whole abandoned UTEP long ago but I understand. We’re all gluttons for punishment and I don’t expect anyone to support a team that loses as much, or as bad as the Miners.
The city doesn't abandon ship, it jumps on the good ship lollipop, jumps off, jumps on. That has been UTEP football since I can remember. Gen X'er El Pasoan's on up say they were in the Sun Bowl Oct. 26th, 1985. There's one person who isn't lying.....Hal Mumme.

"[Yung] ...offensive coordinator during that time was Hal Mumme who would later birth such coaching legends as Mike Leach, Sonny Dykes and Dana Holgorsen."

"I was there in '85"

Reactions: kickballpro
I'll be there. The question is: the posters that come on this site to continually whine and bash the program and claim to be finally done being fans after a loss, why are you still here. Every day. Whining like little b____s. Go support Alabama. They never lose. We're 2-1. Yeah, I was spitting fire at the coaches during the Boise game. The play calling. The penalties. The truth is, we're still not a program that expects to win. We shot ourselves in the foot about a dozen times in the first half that mitigated a pretty good game plan and effort and the game fell apart for us. We're 2-1. See ya real fans in the Sun Bowl.

I enjoy my seats up there. And the new bar area is very nice, as well as the sky lounge.
Waste of money for UTEP, not fans. Point is the seats are mostly empty. UTEP needed to WIN first and THEN build better seats/boxes so that more people will buy them.

Last edited:
I'll be there. The question is: the posters that come on this site to continually whine and bash the program and claim to be finally done being fans after a loss, why are you still here. Every day. Whining like little b____s. Go support Alabama. They never lose. We're 2-1. Yeah, I was spitting fire at the coaches during the Boise game. The play calling. The penalties. The truth is, we're still not a program that expects to win. We shot ourselves in the foot about a dozen times in the first half that mitigated a pretty good game plan and effort and the game fell apart for us. We're 2-1. See ya real fans in the Sun Bowl.
I get mad at my children and still love them. I get mad at UTEP and still love them. I will continue to complain but I am still at every game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT