ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP 2017 FB schedule and link to C-USA

Provided the team stays relatively healthy, they will be 4-6 headed into the Nov 18 game against La Tech. What happens those last 2 weeks, I can't venture a guess right now.

A couple of things I don't like about the schedule. WKU and MT are not only good but they both have byes before playing UTEP. Also, WKU not only has the bye before coming to the Sun Bowl but UTEP will have played in NY the week before. Not good.

Now that I've left El Paso and relocated to central Texas I'll be a road warrior. I'm going to be at the Norman game and the one in Denton.

Reactions: allminer
I know not to expect much from our athletic department. Other teams in our conference have nice poster schedules like this one. We don't even get a tweet from our football twitter account advertising the newly released schedule.
ODU_Football_Sched_2017.png

The last 6 games are going to be tough. The first six are going to be murder. We play a team that ran all over us for 66 points this year, then turnaround and play the conference champ that slings it all over the place.

I know not to expect much from our athletic department. Other teams in our conference have nice poster schedules like this one. We don't even get a tweet from our football twitter account advertising the newly released schedule.
ODU_Football_Sched_2017.png
This is much nicer.
C3IP2J4UMAEuKqu.jpg:large

Reactions: Cube Jack
Thinking positive. ... wins over Rice and NMSU early. . UAB, UTSA and UNT are all beatable.. hey surprise Army or LA Tech and I see a bowl!

Thinking positive. ... wins over Rice and NMSU early. . UAB, UTSA and UNT are all beatable.. hey surprise Army or LA Tech and I see a bowl!
If UTEP is capable of clinching a bowl, then they shouldn't be ruled out at home against a bad Arizona team. If UTEP is good next season then there is no reason to rule them out against Arizona. We should expect a good game!

If UTEP is capable of clinching a bowl, then they shouldn't be ruled out at home against a bad Arizona team. If UTEP is good next season then there is no reason to rule them out against Arizona. We should expect a good game!

Is Arizona really that bad or was it just a rebuilding year for them? They went to bowl games in the last 4 out of 5 years and won 3 and went to the Fiesta Bowl.

Plinke and Jones were our offense, let's we where it comes from this year. No crazy predictions for me this year, I'll just wait n see and be pleasantly surprised or be expectedly disappointed!

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
Well RICE will be returning from an 8600 mile journey the prior week then travel another 800 miles to El Paso so it should play out to UTEP's favor.

Well RICE will be returning from an 8600 mile journey the prior week then travel another 800 miles to El Paso so it should play out to UTEP's favor.

Rice is playing Stanford at home the week before playing UTEP.

UTEP will most likely be returning from getting their butt kicked at Oklahoma.

Get your facts together bob.

Those aren't the FACTS. Nothing has been confirmed. On Stanford's website it says they are playing in Houston.

Also, if they do indeed play in Australia they will be playing in late August and not September 2.

Last edited:
I just hope they're working on their core strength and conditioning because this has to be one of the most brutal schedules for UTEP in years.

However, I have done of a bit of a 180 on Kugler given what he inherited from Price who didn't leave a "dumpster fire", but rather a crime scene in some cases. Kugler did literally have to hit the restart button and in my opinion, he needs a fifth year. But to use the word of a former american vice president, he needs a more "robust" passing game to compliment his ground pound, control the clock offense. The defense was on the field too much.

Those aren't the FACTS. Nothing has been confirmed. On Stanford's website it says they are playing in Houston.

Also, if they do indeed play in Australia they will be playing in late August and not September 2.

I hope you don't work in a field that involves math since you're not very good at it. The FACT is a roundtrip to Sydney is around 17,200 miles not 4,000.

I hope you don't work in a field that involves math since you're not very good at it. The FACT is a roundtrip to Sydney is around 17,200 miles not 4,000.

It's NOT set in stone that they are playing in Sydney. I was giving the round trip from Palo Alto to Houston. In fact, on the Stanford website it states they are playing in Houston on September 2.

Also, if they are playing in Australia, they will NOT be playing a week before playing UTEP. That is called a FACT.

It's NOT set in stone that they are playing in Sydney. I was giving the round trip from Palo Alto to Houston. In fact, on the Stanford website it states they are playing in Houston on September 2.

Also, if they are playing in Australia, they will NOT be playing a week before playing UTEP. That is called a FACT.
I sure hope they don't have you working the register at Mickey Ds you seem more like a fry guy. Still off by 200 miles. It's also not set in stone they are playing in Houston. It's all but confirmed the game will be in Australia.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sfga...-season-vs-Rice-in-10789624.php?client=safari

I sure hope they don't have you working the register at Mickey Ds you seem more like a fry guy. Still off by 200 miles. It's also not set in stone they are playing in Houston.

It is set in stone they will be playing in Houston on September 2 OR in Australia in late August, so you would have been wrong either way. So, you are 100% incorrect with your statement: "Well RICE will be returning from an 8600 mile journey the prior week then travel another 800 miles to El Paso so it should play out to UTEP's favor"

It depends what site you use. Every site gives different numbers and your 17,200 estimate from Houston to Sydney will be different from site to site.

It is set in stone they will be playing in Houston on September 2 OR in Australia in late August, so you would have been wrong either way. So, you are 100% incorrect with your statement: "Well RICE will be returning from an 8600 mile journey the prior week then travel another 800 miles to El Paso so it should play out to UTEP's favor"

It depends what site you use. Every site gives different numbers and your 17,200 estimate from Houston to Sydney will be different from site to site.
Ok no big deal I'll admit I was wrong with the date of the game.

You'll be 100% incorrect with your statement "RICE is playing Stanford at home the week before playing UTEP."

I'll bump this thread as soon as ESPN confirms it in the following days or weeks. Of course there is no guarantee you'll still be using the same handle.

Ok no big deal I'll admit I was wrong with the date of the game.

You'll be 100% incorrect with your statement "RICE is playing Stanford at home the week before playing UTEP."

I'll bump this thread as soon as ESPN confirms it in the following days or weeks. Of course there is no guarantee you'll still be using the same handle.

Well Stanford states on their schedule that they are playing in Houston on September 2, so I guess we will just have to wait. I was just going by what the Stanford website states. I will be 100% incorrect if Stanford changes what they state on their schedule.

Well Stanford states on their schedule that they are playing in Houston on September 2, so I guess we will just have to wait. I was just going by what the Stanford website states. I will be 100% incorrect if Stanford changes what they state on their schedule.
The only thing to wait for is the confirmation from TV executives. The official Standford website says date and location for RICE game TBD.

http://www.gostanford.com/news/2017/1/18/football-schedule-announced.aspx

That's a tough schedule for this program, front to back.

No doubt, but as they say in West Virginia, everything's relative.

Kugler's had cream puff schedules every year at UTEP. His toughest game last season was against a mid-pack B12 team. And after 5 seasons, he's consistently faced the bottom end of C-USA East and he STILL hasn't played Marshall, the best C-USA program in recent years.

By comparison, In his final two seasons, Price's OOC schedule included Oklahoma, at Ole Miss, at Wisconsin, and at Colorado State. And unlike Kugler, UTEP was competitive (e.g. not mud-stomped) in each of those games. And at the same time, every year, Price was also facing really good (top 25-ish) conference programs like UCF (Blake Bortles), Tulsa (J.G. Kinney), Houston (Case Keenum), East Carolina, Marshall, SMU, etc.

Nobody's campaigning for Mike Price 2.0, I've said many times Stull was two years too late in pulling that trigger. But a little perspective clearly shows vast levels of competitive schedules faced by the two coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT