ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP 2017 FB schedule and link to C-USA

Agreed. There ain't gonna be no five year program at FAU. Kiffin will win and win immediately, but at the price of turning FAU into a renegade outfit (see the JC QB he just signed, busted at Florida State for sexual assault).

Deandre Johnson wasn't busted for sexual assault. Depending on who you talk to he was defending himself at the bar and the woman assaulted him first. He ended up pleaded for misdemeanor battery.

I was wrong. I was getting the information off Stanford's website and they stated they were playing in Houston on September 2.
That's cool I respect that. I'm a big college football fan. I heard about the game moving to Sydney from the RICE fans on the CUSA message board about two months ago or so.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
No doubt, but as they say in West Virginia, everything's relative.

Kugler's had cream puff schedules every year at UTEP. His toughest game last season was against a mid-pack B12 team. And after 5 seasons, he's consistently faced the bottom end of C-USA East and he STILL hasn't played Marshall, the best C-USA program in recent years.

By comparison, In his final two seasons, Price's OOC schedule included Oklahoma, at Ole Miss, at Wisconsin, and at Colorado State. And unlike Kugler, UTEP was competitive (e.g. not mud-stomped) in each of those games. And at the same time, every year, Price was also facing really good (top 25-ish) conference programs like UCF (Blake Bortles), Tulsa (J.G. Kinney), Houston (Case Keenum), East Carolina, Marshall, SMU, etc.

Nobody's campaigning for Mike Price 2.0, I've said many times Stull was two years too late in pulling that trigger. But a little perspective clearly shows vast levels of competitive schedules faced by the two coaches.

I'm hoping year two of Kugler's new staff and Jones declaring for the draft, 1. jells the team more (coaches knowing their players and vice versa). 2. Jones leaving forces their hand to stop being one dimensional. Having said all that, I'm really interested to see how this recruiting class shapes up!

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT