ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP 57 - MTSU 54

Cube Jack

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
El Paso, TX
The great Reggie Upshaw was held to all of zero points. The Blue Raiders went up by 17 in the 2nd half and then UTEP made two big runs to eventually take the lead late. Middle Tennessee played a swarming defense that the Miners found an adjustment around. Paul Thomas is playing hard and Wilms looks like he's 10 feet tall in there now. Kelvin Jones hardly played, but hopefully he'll play bigger soon himself.

Not too impressed by Touchett. Omega Harris didn't shoot all that well, but had some key plays. I'd say the big difference was turnovers. UTEP got key steals in the 2nd half and stopped trying to pass across the entire court.

Now looking to get revenge on LA Tech then beating up Doc Sadler.

I realize this is a big "if", but if Barrett and Touchet develop confidence in their 3-point shooting abilities--watch out. If they become real threats our inside game will also increase incrementally--teams will not be able to double and triple cover Willms and Thomas.

I realize this is a big "if", but if Barrett and Touchet develop confidence in their 3-point shooting abilities--watch out. If they become real threats our inside game will also increase incrementally--teams will not be able to double and triple cover Willms and Thomas.
Add Flaggert to that group. The three of them need to shoot those threes with confidence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT