ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP ANNOUNCES DECEMBER BASKETBALL PROMOTIONAL SCHEDULE

Just heard Stull say on KROD that no one comes to the games because of a promotion. He said the entertainment is there because it enhances the game experience. Simply not true. I know I've gone to Chihuahuas games because of the promotion. While some may not come BECAUSE of the promotion, it definitely acts as an incentive. Bad halftime entertainment and such is a disincentive (i.e. the declne into a crappy band after UTEP pushed out the previous director, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: UTEP05
Rice-at-UTEP-831.jpg

Reactions: JCorona
Just heard Stull say on KROD that no one comes to the games because of a promotion. He said the entertainment is there because it enhances the game experience. Simply not true. I know I've gone to Chihuahuas games because of the promotion. While some may not come BECAUSE of the promotion, it definitely acts as an incentive. Bad halftime entertainment and such is a disincentive (i.e. the de line into a crappy band after UTEP pushed out the previous director, etc).

I have to somewhat side with AD Stull on this one. College athletics is a different fan experience than minor league baseball. As much as we have taken to the Chihuahuas, you are not invested into the outcome as much as a UTEP game. Sure, I rather the Chihuahuas win but I do not really care if they lose. I go the Southwest University Park for the promotions, the antics, but not so much the hotly contested game between AAA ball clubs.

I have to somewhat side with AD Stull on this one. College athletics is a different fan experience than minor league baseball. As much as we have taken to the Chihuahuas, you are not invested into the outcome as much as a UTEP game. Sure, I rather the Chihuahuas win but I do not really care if they lose. I go the Southwest University Park for the promotions, the antics, but not so much the hotly contested game between AAA ball clubs.
I know what you mean. The outcome isn't as important in the Chihuahuas game but my family is more likely to want tickets me to the game and enjoy it with promotions. Otherwise they are more likely to want to stay home or leave early and I'm stalking them buying a second snow cone to let me stay to watch the game or keep them awake. :)

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT