ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP at Pacific OPT

HOLY GUACAMOLE!
UTAH STATE 83
NMSU 58
GO FIGURE. SO MUCH FOR OUR AGGIE PRAISE and Miner excuses losing to such a quality team.
Utah St. is this year's Butler and will make final 4 and lose in Championship! Lol 😂, that's the only explanation to explain why UTEP got dominated by the Aggies who are now getting disemboweled by the other Aggies!

More overreaction. Utah St went to the NCAA tournament last season and went toe to toe with #16 San Diego St for the MW regular season and tournament titles. Is it that hard to believe they're just as good if not better than last year?

Didn't even know Pacific had a football team lol
At one point, Pacific's head coach was the legendary Coach Stagg. They were in the Big West. Other Big West schools that dropped football:
UC Santa Barbara
Long Beach State
Cal State Fullerton

Reactions: Rocketsr
More overreaction. Utah St went to the NCAA tournament last season and went toe to toe with #16 San Diego St for the MW regular season and tournament titles. Is it that hard to believe they're just as good if not better than last year?
It's tough for me to compute such a thorough lopsided romp and reconcile how there could be such a huge differential between these teams on a neutral court.

At one point, Pacific's head coach was the legendary Coach Stagg. They were in the Big West. Other Big West schools that dropped football:
UC Santa Barbara
Long Beach State
Cal State Fullerton
Pacific dropping football was the reason why UTEP played Oregon home and home in 98/99. Oregon had originally signed it with UOP.

I never recovered from that original football loss to Pacific. Time for revenge 50 years later.

It's tough for me to compute such a thorough lopsided romp and reconcile how there could be such a huge differential between these teams on a neutral court.
Sometimes that's the way the ball rolls. Cold shooting night vs hot streaks or some teams don't line up well vs certain teams. Indiana St beat ODU 77-36 yesterday and today lost 87-63 to Oklahoma. Both games in neutral courts. Their next game is against NMSU.

Sometimes that's the way the ball rolls. Cold shooting night vs hot streaks or some teams don't line up well vs certain teams. Indiana St beat ODU 77-36 yesterday and today lost 87-63 to Oklahoma. Both games in neutral courts. Their next game is against NMSU.
Well let's hope we have an opponent tonight that suffers from cold shooting while have a hot streak. That would be a welcome turn of events that we rarely benefit from.

Basketball Scores can change alot, depending on who has the hot hand. It's too early to say much about either team. However looks like Utah St. might be top 25 and a high seed in the NCAA this year.

Reactions: miner1liner
Yes it was.
Looking back, it was a premonition. I was excited that we'd hired Floyd and I was really disappointed that we lost that game.
Then the losses piled up over the years and the word whispered from asst coaches was that Tim Floyd's teams didn't jell until half the season was over. Loosing early games was par for the coarse from this veteran coach.
We had some bad luck from coaches that should have excelled.

Reactions: miner1liner
And we also lost to Pacific for the Bracket Buster game.

Apparently we did beat Pacific the next time we played them, but I don't remember that.

I just remember losing to them in the marquee Bracket Buster game on national TV, and the Tim Floyd era starting off with a loss to them.

Agreed, we need more inside, Kalu started and was lost from the start, Sibley is not a inside player, Tydus missed too many close in and Marring was ineffective. Guards need to give these guys passes they can handle as we fumbled a lot of interior passes that likely would have led to points. But a lot of this was due to how Pacific plays, they protected the middle and kinda ignored the perimeter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT