ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

• 7/14/2022 - JUCO PG Shammah Scott (6-2, 180, 2★) has received an offer from UTEP.

I know this does not belong here- its supposed to be instagram pics only

I saw a clip from this guy from last weekend and he looked pretty good
But his stats last year were not all that great- except 3 point %
They were national champions and played a lot of guys

That's exactly what we need. Another thread that will eventually be derailed by politics or some other non Miner topic.
Why not? All threads are destined for derailment. Wasn’t it you asking for another soccer thread? Asking for a friend!😝

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
Brown played 2 years with the last at Western Texas which was not a very good team
And his first year= 4ppg and 4rpg

But his 2nd year stats were a lot better and he got a lot of blocks too
Turnover prone with 78 last year

If he graduated he could play d1 this year I think- but he committed to the FL Juco which is a better team

I don't think juco commitments or even signings could keep a kid from going d1 if he wanted

I have no idea if he graduated and if he did any of the teams would offer him for this year

Last edited:
Brown played 2 years at Western Texas which was not a very good team
And his first year= 4ppg and 4rpg

But his 2nd year stats were a lot better and he got a lot of blocks too
Turnover prone with 78 last year

If he graduated he could play d1 this year I think- but he committed to the FL Juco which is a better team

I don't think juco commitments or even signings could keep a kid from going d1 if he wanted

I have no idea if he graduated and if he did any of the teams would offer him for this year
12/11/1 is pretty darn good. He is VERY quick and athletic at the rim, however is a poor free throw shooter and turnover prone (like you said). The later can be a product of playing on a poor team or trying to do too much. If we are to get this guy then Golding needs to wrap him up early. If he puts up the same numbers or better this year then we probably have no shot.

next year
My guess is that Golding is holding a tryout for the guard position. Whoever doesn't get the starting nod I would bet that player transfers out. That's when Golding could bring in a big . Only explanation I could think of why he brought in so many guards.

12/11/1 is pretty darn good. He is VERY quick and athletic at the rim, however is a poor free throw shooter and turnover prone (like you said). The later can be a product of playing on a poor team or trying to do too much. If we are to get this guy then Golding needs to wrap him up early. If he puts up the same numbers or better this year then we probably have no shot.
Yeah, 15 D1 offers leads me to believe we already have no shot at landing him. I hate being pessimistic towards the Miners, but I think the days of winning recruiting battles against anyone significant are behind us. Sigh…I hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: axingfools1
Yeah, 15 D1 offers leads me to believe we already have no shot at landing him. I hate being pessimistic towards the Miners, but I think the days of winning recruiting battles against anyone significant are behind us. Sigh…I hope I’m wrong.
verbal commits shows 8-9 schools and of those UTEP was the highest profile
(Should not be hard to beat those schools)

However- he is from Virginia Beach and all the other schools are closer to home

Last edited:
verbal commits shows 8-9 schools and of those UTEP was the highest profile
(Should not be hard to beat those schools)
Go back a few pages and look at all the schools we didn’t beat out for recruits. I believe some Big 10 transfer chose a MEAC school over us.

Let's see what Golding does with this whole new line up next season. If he can get them to 20 wins or more, then his recruiting efforts should start to improve. The proof is if he can coach up a largely new roster and still get to 20 wins. We'll see. Go Miners.

Been out for a while. Planning on making a comeback to the Don this coming year.
Hope we can improve. I will take my grand kid to the games the way my Dad took me
and made me a fan back when the Bear was the coach. Those were the glory days.
Salud!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT