ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

Is that ECU transfer still coming? We also have Camper and this guy. I thought we only had two scholarships. Are we over 1?

Seems like nobody else is leaving and all assistants are being retained. I guess Bronzeing and OffSenter think we’re good enough to run it back?

Reactions: JCorona
A guy that can't score on a team that can't score.
UTEP should've gone after his teammate at CSU, Rivera. He avg 8 points a game. But this kid did have a lot offers in high school. Looks like Golding recruited this kid when he was in high school.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Looks like he is the HoodieRio of this class.He had a lot if hype in high school. He doesn't have the followers like Rio but his YouTube videos have a lot of views.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Well, it seems he only played like 12 minutes per game. It's kinda hard to score in that few minutes. His percentages are ok considering how little he played. Maybe their coach sucks at utilizing talent like Terry?
Watching the video keeps me cautiously optimistic.

Is that ECU transfer still coming? We also have Camper and this guy. I thought we only had two scholarships. Are we over 1?

Seems like nobody else is leaving and all assistants are being retained. I guess Bronzeing and OffSenter think we’re good enough to run it back?
Elijah Jones is with the team after transferring from ECU, and will be on scholarship. There will be movement on some of the current guys in the next couple of weeks.

I think Golding needs an eye exam. His vision is obviously impaired if he sees 2 pts per game as the answer. Someone needs to explain to him that the object is to score more; not less.
At this point, Golding can fall on his face... He aint it... Senter bought into the pickle juice, with that Texas win... ugh.

Daryl Edwards averaged 4 points before transferring. Keonte Kennedy averaged 2. You never really know a particular situation. Hopefully this guy was just underutilized.
Didn't score at Loyola either. Hope you're right, but so far he isn't living up to his HS billing. Utep needs proven scorers.

Edit: and Golding hasn't proven he can recruit a guy that can score.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the 'white boy' stuff.
It is what it is. Kobe's nickname was Black Mamba, Jason Williams was White Chocolate. Where I play my nickname is OG. Looks like he didnt get a nickname in high school and they just called him white boy. His friends should've given him a nickname.

Daryl Edwards averaged 4 points before transferring. Keonte Kennedy averaged 2. You never really know a particular situation. Hopefully this guy was just underutilized.
We can look at a guy like Otis Frazier, who hardly played at George Mason as another example of a guy that can come in and contribute under the right circumstances. Hopefully, Hebb can do the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT