ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Bethune Cookman Game Thread

This should wrap up an ugly win for the Miners. I’m hoping this was UTEP’s horrible game of the early season and will play much better against Boise St., but with Dimel as HC it’s very unlikely.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Miners played sluggish just good enough to win. Boise will be ready for utep on Fridays. Such a big flip from last week to this week. There's no killer instinct on this team.

BTW, just a couple of observations, at least on three occasions I saw our DBs' make tackles downfield and our DBs' got injured every time.

Also, BCUs' offensive line was enormous, pro-football enormous.

I can't come up with all the crazy things that today's football games have already shown, but our lackadaisical on again off again effort vs a 21 point underdog is kinda mild when you consider Tulane-Oklahoma, Montana leading Washington at the half and The impotent Aggies are up 10-0 on SDSU at halftime.
I too am frustrated, but this is UTEP football and it's all we've known for countless seasons.

On an upbeat not; can you believe that our biggest hopes for big things this year
may have been riding on the season Hankins would have and then he goes down. The result was two outstanding nights for his two backups. Not often do you get two 100 plus yard performances in a game.

I'm hoping Dimel is in fact holding back a bit on his offensive arsenal awaiting bigger opponents. Guess we'll see next week. Can't beat higher caliber Boise type teams unless more creative plays are called..

I felt like Bethune-Cookman had some pretty good players and lots of size. Not only was the O-line massive, but their receivers were big bodies. Yeah it wasn’t pretty, but UTEP handled them considering their opponents’ talent, something the Miners would not have been able to do 2 years ago (think back to Northern Arizona). I’m proud that our offense kept the Wildcats at arms length for the most part and finished it out. 2-0, hell yeah!

Reactions: mikesarabia
Miners, if well coached, would have dominated BC. BC has some players, especially that big receiver. It was obvious we had a better team, but not better coach.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
UTEP has improved. How much remains to be seen. B-C is a better fcs team than UTEP has played in several years. They have a winning program. Our coacing staff better get some mistakes fixed this week or Friday night will be ugly.

Could had been seven if last night’s result was different. But is beating Vanderbilt really an upset? They don’t belong in the SEC.

Let's not forget Minnesota will not schedule North Dakota State. NDSU considers the Gophers their main rival.

Two things has leveled the field a bit (but 'Bama doesn't need to worry):

1)Transfer Portal
1.a) FBS transfer do not have to sit out (nor any player transferring down a division)
2) 24/7 training of players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT