ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Football December signing day

Goodwin and Johnson both posted pics of an in-house visit with other schools. If UTEP loses both of them, then I don't think it would be too surprising if TJ's name appeared in the transfer portal soon.

We sold TJ on being our QB of the future during his recruiting, he enrolled a semester early......then we wasted his entire redshirt freshman year by not even giving him one single snap in any of our double digit losses. Yet at the same time, we had a new QB come in after he signs and this QB gets game snaps and is also labeled in our newspaper as the QB of the future. Now TJ's brother and friend/teammate are not signing when they were expected to. At the moment this all looks like yet another sign of mismanagement by Dimel.

We were supposed to sign 16 today, yet if we count Henry, then we are only up to 12, with less than an hour until Dimel's press conference. How will it look if Dimel announces less than 16?

If Goodwin leaves then we have Floyd 2.0. If he would rather sit out a year and transfer than start a majority of the games in a few months that should tell us how bad the situation internally is.

As negative as I am about Dimel I don’t think this happens. A lot of the Dimel recruits do believe they are going to be the ones to #changetheculture at UTEP.

Based on what was expected, right now we are still missing 1 JC signee and 3 High School signees.

My guess is that today we were also expecting to sign:

1 JC: Cobb.

3 High School: Liggins, Goodwin, and Johnson.

BTW, we still don't have a JC TE, despite having made so many offers.

Reactions: Lil_Train
If Goodwin leaves then we have Floyd 2.0. If he would rather sit out a year and transfer than start a majority of the games in a few months that should tell us how bad the situation internally is.

As negative as I am about Dimel I don’t think this happens. A lot of the Dimel recruits do believe they are going to be the ones to #changetheculture at UTEP.

Never signed. Only binded after LOI.

I wondered (out loud on the transfer thread) if TJ would xfer out after not getting any snaps this year and the apparent love for Hardison from the staff. After being promised that he was the future when recruited he has seemingly been passed by Hardison. TJ did tweet some months ago that there is no loyalty in this business. I wonder if that was what he meant.

I wondered (out loud on the transfer thread) if TJ would xfer out after not getting any snaps this year and the apparent love for Hardison from the staff. After being promised that he was the future when recruited he has seemingly been passed by Hardison. TJ did tweet some months ago that there is no loyalty in this business. I wonder if that was what he meant.
If he were leaving it would have been announced at semesters end dont we think? He is eligible to play immediately.

I also think there is a better chance of TJ staying rather than leaving. He has also recently re-added "UTEP QB" back to his twitter profile, so that is a good sign, after he took down all UTEP stuff from his header a month or so ago. But I believe that his brother was the first to commit to us in this class and then TJ even posted earlier how excited he was that all of his guys were coming after they committed........yet now his brother and teammate are not signing? At the moment this obviously doesn't seem to be going smoothly.

I think they are all gone. Someone had posted earlier this year of us losing the Houston connection. If true this class went from being average to crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT