ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Miner, Kennedy had a nice game against the Lobos.

I give him his knocks but I also give him his props. He stepped up and played stellar today.
Yes he did. He played well on both ends. I am a little surprised Pitino waited until the second half to have House apply pressure. KK did a nice job filling in for Bieniemy. I thought all our guards really made it tough for the UNM guards to score. House and Mashburn were completely taking out offensively, and they had both been hot going into the game.

Interesting I'm the one that said let them keep shooting. Looks like I'm a genius. Sometimes its easier to shoot when you already have the ball. Catch and shoot is different and some players cant do that. Maybe Kennedy needs the ball more??

Reactions: shyminer81
Interesting I'm the one that said let them keep shooting. Looks like I'm a genius. Sometimes its easier to shoot when you already have the ball. Catch and shoot is different and some players cant do that. Maybe Kennedy needs the ball more??
I don’t want to minimize how well he played, but pump the brakes “genius”. Its not the first time he’s had a really good game shooting the ball.

I will agree with you about there being a difference between catch and shoot as opposed to creating your own shot off the dribble.

Hopefully you can say the same thing next game, and the game after, etc…

Yes he did. He played well on both ends. I am a little surprised Pitino waited until the second half to have House apply pressure. KK did a nice job filling in for Bieniemy. I thought all our guards really made it tough for the UNM guards to score. House and Mashburn were completely taking out offensively, and they had both been hot going into the game.
Totally agree. Cannot mention enough how well we played defensively…especially our guards.

We will be a tough out for anyone without a dominant big man, or a couple good interior players (like NMSU).

Man, this team could be really good with just one above average big man.

I don’t want to minimize how well he played, but pump the brakes “genius”. Its not the first time he’s had a really good game shooting the ball.

I will agree with you about there being a difference between catch and shoot as opposed to creating your own shot off the dribble.

Hopefully you can say the same thing next game, and the game after, etc…
Agree. As a team, we only shot 13 threes for the game, which is far fewer than we had been. The key was getting better shots, and part of that was getting the ball inside more. Golding mentioned that the guards need to trust the inside guys, and at the very least get them some touches. UNM's defense wasn't great, but we did a better job not settling for a bunch of contested threes.

I finally saw the game and can give an honest assessment. Agnew plays good defense but he is liability on offense. He doesn't finish well and is not making his shots. He needs to hit the gym and work on his shot.

I finally saw the game and can give an honest assessment. Agnew plays good defense but he is liability on offense. He doesn't finish well and is not making his shots. He needs to hit the gym and work on his shot.
Agnew plays really good defense. However, he went 1-8 from the field, going 0-3 from deep, 1-2 from the stripe, along with 4 turnovers in 36 minutes of pt. Not exactly an offensive juggernaut. To his credit, he did have 4 assists to go along with 5 rebounds.

So Fili, should he be jacking up 3s to get his confidence up?

Reactions: mikesarabia
Agnew plays really good defense. However, he went 1-8 from the field, going 0-3 from deep, 1-2 from the stripe, along with 4 turnovers in 36 minutes of pt. Not exactly an offensive juggernaut. To his credit, he did have 4 assists to go along with 5 rebounds.

So Fili, should he be jacking up 3s to get his confidence up?
If he was a freshman then yes. Agnew needs to know his role. Give Satterfeild the minutes he could shoot. I finally agree with whoever keeps pushing for more minutes to Satterfeild.

Reactions: miner1liner
If he was a freshman then yes. Agnew needs to know his role. Give Satterfeild the minutes he could shoot. I finally agree with whoever keeps pushing for more minutes to Satterfeild.
Yup.. you once asked me about my love affair with Saterfield. Guess now you can see the promise that he brings.

Reactions: mikesarabia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT