ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP NFL

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
Right off the top of my head it seems that The Packers must be the team with the most Miners over the years. Fred Carr, Billy Stevens, Chris Jacke and now Aaron. Anyone have access to such history?

Thanks Roy and also jdubb for the reminder. How could I not mention Jesse earlier? My memory is needing assistance. Used to play golf with Jesse while he was back home in the off season.
Back to the subject...Roy; guess I was correct. Counted 15 under The Packers with Dallas next at 14.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Thanks Roy and also jdubb for the reminder. How could I not mention Jesse earlier? My memory is needing assistance. Used to play golf with Jesse while he was back home in the off season.
Back to the subject...Roy; guess I was correct. Counted 15 under The Packers with Dallas next at 14.

Two of the greatest franchises in NFL history. Coincidence? I think not.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
There was a wr who played for packers.

It was Chris Francis. He played for packers.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call UTEP a powerhouse in the late 60's or early 70's but were a competitive bunch. My favorite Miner from that era was Charlie West who played pro ball with Vikings. Don Maynard was a special talent too. The Jets, it seems to me had two talented Texan receivers on that Jets squad: Maynard & George Sauer (well, at least he attended UT at Austin)..

Did David Lattin get drafted by a NFL team? I was looking at past miners getting drafted. And his name was there. Is this the same Lattin from the 1966 team?

Drafted by The NBA and also played in the ABA, I think for The Dallas Chaparrals.

There is David lattin that got drafted in NFL that played fir Utep. Im just wondering if its the same one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT