ADVERTISEMENT

Utep Technically Should Recv NIT Bid

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
Based on the at large number of teams to be taken and what's left. If the NIT actually sticks to picking the best available and conference champions, Utep should be a 5-7 seed based on RPI. Again I have a small amount of hope they will select Utep, but technically if they are selecting the best remaining, then Utep should be there. As an example Utep finished 103 RPI last year after losing to S. MISS,but this year they're 26 spots higher at 77

This post was edited on 3/14 6:52 PM by nattybry

That's about where they should be. Wyoming won Mt West so thats good, opens up another spot for NIT. I'm like 35% sure utep will get bid, So there's a chance lol

Wyoming's win is pretty much a push for the NIT. Yeah, Wyoming goes from the NIT to the NCAA, but someone who was already in probably got bounced down to the NIT.

This post was edited on 3/14 7:40 PM by STexMiner

This one has us as a 7 seed at Murray St.

Very much on the bubble according to them. Luckily, there haven't been a lot of NIT auto-bids that affect anything today. Probably need to root for Montana in the Big Sky championship tonight. Probably also need to root for the Aggies (yeah, I know). I don't think they'd be an NIT team without the auto bid.

But I'm actually chihuahua here. I'm dubious that they take 3 from CUSA.

NIT Selection Show at 7:30 Central on ESPNU.

This post was edited on 3/14 8:08 PM by STexMiner

NYC Buckets

I don't like that NIT rule, none of those teams have made it to final 4 in New York since it was inacted. Next best 32 Period!

SFA and NMSU win. So, still a good chance. If Georgia St.wins the Sun Belt, we might be OK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT