ADVERTISEMENT

Utep@Texas BB next season game thread

To open up their new arena. UTEP fans need to get tickets early and fill up that arena.

Anyone plan on going??

I predict at least 5k Utep fans will be there.
Can’t stand the longhorns. Most pretentious, underachieving university in the world. I will definitely be there putting the horns down from start to finish. Golding will have whoever is on his team ready for that game.

To open up their new arena. UTEP fans need to get tickets early and fill up that arena.

Anyone plan on going??

I predict at least 5k Utep fans will be there.
Mrs 2step is a UT alum and wants to go.

While there are a lot of Ex Pasoens in the ATX/SA area I don't think half of the arena will be filled with UTEP fans. The only team right now capable of bringing that kind of number to Austin is Texas Tech.

If UTEP can bring in a couple hundred that's better than most traveling Big 12 fan bases.

Moody Center Construction Webcam​

Moody Center
In November 2019, The University of Texas at Austin announced a $130M grant to support Texas Athletics from the Moody Foundation. The grant will help build the new 10,000-seat arena that will provide an intimate Texas Men’s and Women’s Basketball fan experience and feature student seating surrounding the court. The new $338M venue is designed to expand to 15,000 seats. Much like the Erwin Center, the Moody Center will be a prime location for university, campus, community and high school events and will provide a world-class stage for touring concerts and shows. The Moody Center is expected to open in 2022.

Last edited:
Why even respond at this point
Okay then both of you bet me. I will bet both of you . I will change my prediction to 2 thousand Utep fans will show up. Like I said only way it dont happen , It Ut Austin dont sell to Utep fans. It's going to be a hot ticket I guarantee you. Not only for UTEP fans but Texas fans also . New arena and Utep is the first opponent. This would also be good a good recruiting tool for Golding to use.

Okay then both of you bet me. I will bet both of you . I will change my prediction to 2 thousand Utep fans will show up. Like I said only way it dont happen , It Ut Austin dont sell to Utep fans. It's going to be a hot ticket I guarantee you. Not only for UTEP fans but Texas fans also . New arena and Utep is the first opponent. This would also be good a good recruiting tool for Golding to use.
How would you “prove” how many UTEP fans attended?

Reactions: denverutep
I can foresee the cheapest tickets starting at over 100.

This game in another indicator of how well the relationship between Beard and Golding is.

We will have to make honest guess from the crowd noise. I'm sure the game will be on T.V. Also I'm sure posters on here will be at the game. I myself be planning on attending.

How many UTEP basketball games do you attend each year?

I will definitely do my best to try to be at the game. Last time we were at a Longhorn bball game, my son got to meet Jarret Allen. When is the game exactly? Got to start planning the trip up to Austin.

November 2nd is the date Utep fans need to fill up that arena. Okay back to my vacation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT