ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ UTSA Prediction Thread

Dec 22, 2016
Should be a physical game, Miners will have to find a way to sustain drives and just keep the chains moving. Another winnable game in a sense, UTSA's offense is ass, their defense is very respectable in the front seven, their secondary is shaky. We need big plays, and explosive plays to put up points in the redzone if not, were kicking FG's all game or punting, we're not gonna be able to run as easy as we did against NMSU. Hate UTSA with a passion...hope our guys come out fighting.

UTSA 17 UTEP 13

UTSA’s ground game is averaging less than 100 per game and they’re getting 164.8 through the air. UTEP would be smart to feed Wadley early and often and hopefully they can hit some deep balls like last week. They looked like they’ve made strides since week one. If they continue that trend AND IF they keep the penalties/mistakes to a minimum they have a chance to take this game.

UTEP - 20
UTSA -14

Is this our last real chance to win this season? As bad as UTSA might be, and as much as I hate to say it, I just can't see us winning. I thought we would beat NMSU hands down. SMH.

Do you guys think Kai is the starter for the next two years, or does Dimel find a guy that can run and pass? Is the other JUCO QB Jones redshirting?

Last edited:
Is this our last real chance to win this season? As bad as UTSA might be, and as much as I hate to say it, I just can't see us winning. I thought we would beat NMSU hands down. SMH.

Do you guys think Kai is the starter for the next two years, or does Dimel find a guy that can run and pass? Is the other JUCO QB Jones redshirting?
Most likely. NAU and NMSU were UTEP's best chances at winning. UTSA only because in this series, the road team has won each time. Other than that, I forecast another 0-12 season.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
Should be a physical game, Miners will have to find a way to sustain drives and just keep the chains moving. Another winnable game in a sense, UTSA's offense is ass, their defense is very respectable in the front seven, their secondary is shaky. We need big plays, and explosive plays to put up points in the redzone if not, were kicking FG's all game or punting, we're not gonna be able to run as easy as we did against NMSU. Hate UTSA with a passion...hope our guys come out fighting.

UTSA 17 UTEP 13

Think you got that score backwards.

UTSA has been blown out by the first three opponents and struggled against a team rated not much higher than UTEP. It will be a closely contested game. All the pressure is on UTSA since they’re at home and don’t want to be the first team that losses to UTEP. UTEP will scare them and force OT but their defense makes a key 4th down stop to force a fg. They capitalize on the next series and break the home curse 29-27.

UTSA’s ground game is averaging less than 100 per game and they’re getting 164.8 through the air. UTEP would be smart to feed Wadley early and often and hopefully they can hit some deep balls like last week. They looked like they’ve made strides since week one. If they continue that trend AND IF they keep the penalties/mistakes to a minimum they have a chance to take this game.

UTEP - 20
UTSA -14
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT