ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP v. Florida A&M Observations

minermx07

MI Regular
Sep 6, 2009
  1. This is the best group of guards Floyd has had while in UTEP.
  2. Moore, Morris, and Winn are already studs and ready for conference play, everybody else is a bit of a question mark.
  3. Hooper was surprisingly competent, he had a nice soft touch around the basket, found the holes in Florida's zone. He is still a question mark, but less than before.
  4. In the first half UTEP broke Florida's zone with great outside shooting and Vint's smart play, but in the second half, the shots stopped falling and UTEP panicked.
  5. Artist lost his cool in the second half and had to be benched for Touched in the final five minutes. He lost his cool after Romine fumbled a good inside pass and Hooper screwed up the spacing that caused a turnover, Artis played poorly for three straight series and even got pick-pocketed when he lazily brought the ball up the floor.

Have to agree, who we have played is less than adequate competition. I think by Friday night we will know what we have. I will say that his is team is easer on the eye and a lot more fun to watch. Last year our offense was painful if we were up against a zone, this year we seem to thrive against it.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Last four games showed great guard play. This is Romine's first go tound in D1 basketball. I can see why Floyd wanted to reddhirt him, and he seemed a little lost in Floyd's inside (the paint) offensive scheme which frustrated Artist but he shows promise. Artist plays at another level and Romine needs to get the butterflies out and be ready for his passes.

Winn impresses the heck out of me and its obvious Floyd is giving the green light to the guards since our big men have a limited skill set as compared to Hunter and Lang who spoiled fans last year with their sheer strength and determination.

I turned off the last 5 minutes we were up by so much... Was Artis really frustrated?

I turned off the last 5 minutes we were up by so much... Was Artis really frustrated?
I wouldn't say he was frustrated. In my opinion, I felt the team took it too easy after they built that big lead. Once Florida A&M started chipping away at the lead, the Miners started pressing too hard causing a lot of turnovers.

1. This is the best group of guards Floyd has had while in UTEP.
  2. Moore, Morris, and Winn are already studs and ready for conference play, everybody else is a bit of a question mark.
  3. Hooper was surprisingly competent, he had a nice soft touch around the basket, found the holes in Florida's zone. He is still a question mark, but less than before.
  4. In the first half UTEP broke Florida's zone with great outside shooting and Vint's smart play, but in the second half, the shots stopped falling and UTEP panicked.
  5. Artist lost his cool in the second half and had to be benched for Touched in the final five minutes. He lost his cool after Romine fumbled a good inside pass and Hooper screwed up the spacing that caused a turnover, Artis played poorly for three straight series and even got pick-pocketed when he lazily brought the ball up the floor.
I would easily include Artis in item 2. He is a stud and makes this team so much better. He did end up with 3 turnovers last night, but so did a couple other Miners and Romine had 4 turnovers.

With all these "studs" on this years team, there is no excuse for not making the NCAA Tourney.

Blah....blah blah blah...blah blah blah...blah...blah...blah blah blah...blah blah...........................................blah.

You say how I responded with let's wait n see, Ep.... that's called maturity. Do u have to be an Ass with every comment?

Ignore the fool people, he gets off some kind of weird way. Believe me, this is his only interaction with anyone in life. And he's the world's biggest pu$$y. Big man behind the safety of his keyboard and wouldn't speak a word to anyone in person what he dares to say here. Queen wuss. Let him be no matter how much you want to reply. Don't.

Ignore the fool people, he gets off some kind of weird way. Believe me, this is his only interaction with anyone in life. And he's the world's biggest pu$$y. Big man behind the safety of his keyboard and wouldn't speak a word to anyone in person what he dares to say here. Queen wuss. Let him be no matter how much you want to reply. Don't.
Once again all miner crickets playing in the background.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Once again all miner crickets playing in the background.

I don't think he needs his own version of chi, that comes to his aid every time he says something to you. By the way, you and chi make a cute couple, always supporting each other like you do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT