ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP v UNT

The season is more than half way over and we still have guys consistently standing out of bounds when they catch the ball. How about some type of enforcement to address this, like if you catch the ball standing out of bounds, then you immediately come out of the game.....you know, otherwise known as “coaching”.

Neither team has missed a free throw! But UNT has shot 8 more, which is basically the difference in the game.

I understand we aren't as good as people expected... I dont understand how we're always down by so much so early in games.

We've had worse teams that are more competitive against better competition. This team is digging itself out of a hole every game.

Just started watching the last five minutes before half. I think I counted 4 absolute bricks from the perimeter. Looks like we are 2-9 from three at half, so we are actually shooting better than at Rice percentage wise.

It's become a broken record, but there's no way you can when at the D1 level with this level of shooting ineptitude.

With the way the refs are calling every little contact against Utep I don’t mind not risking a third foul for him.

Again, attack the rim. Have plays to the rim. Get to the free throw line. Why recruit athletes when your offense is based around shooting 3s? North Texas playing good D and shortening our shot clock, but we look lost in the halfcourt with our high screen dribble kick offense.

Vila with absolutley ZERO help on defense and standing on the perimeter when Williams is double teamed. Unacceptable for a 6'11" guy playing the 5. If he is going to stand around the perimeter, shoot 3s and shy away on defense then play him at the 3.
Play Tydus and Efe at the 5.

I like North Texas's game. Attack the basket, floaters, lobs, get fouls and slow us down at halfcourt. We should be doing exactly the same. Our guys are just as athletic as N. Texas.

Let's see if Terry has any sort of adjustment other than hoping Williams just takes over

Last edited:
Again, attack the rim. Have plays to the rim.
The problem, THIS game, is that the refs will call charges on those plays. Apparently UNT is really good on the year at taking charges, although these particular refs are taking it to another level.

Again, attack the rim. Have plays to the rim. Get to the free throw line. Why recruit athletes when you offense is based around shooting 3s? North Texas playing good D and shortening our shot clock, but we look lost in the halfcourt with our high screen dribble kick offense.

Vila with absolutley ZERO help on defense and standing on the perimeter when Williams is double teamed. Unacceptable for a 6'11" guy playing the 5. If he is going to stand around the perimeter, shoot 3s and shy away on defense then play him at the 3.

I like North Texas's game. Attack the basket, lobs, get fouls and slow us down at halfcourt. We should be doing exactly the same. Our guys are just as athletic as N. Texas.

Let's see if Terry has any sort of adjustment other than hoping Williams just takes over
I agree, but will add that their guards are way more skilled than ours, and just as athletic. Their guard Smart, who is better than our guards, hardly plays now with the guys they have added.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Of course, UNT doesn't get called for the charge! Williams was just standing his ground! BS REFS, COME ON!

Again, attack the rim. Have plays to the rim. Get to the free throw line. Why recruit athletes when you offense is based around shooting 3s? North Texas playing good D and shortening our shot clock, but we look lost in the halfcourt with our high screen dribble kick offense.

I like North Texas's game. Attack the basket, lobs, get fouls and slow us down at halfcourt. We should be doing exactly the same. Our guys are just as athletic as N. Texas.

No wayJose

It’s never effective yet CRT insists on running the shot clock down until we have to jack up some low percentage crap shot. My mind is made up, CRT sucks!

We are losing to UTSA, UNT and everyone else in the state other than Rice. I’ve seen enough to know shit just isn’t going to get better under his leadership.

Complaining about the refs while it’s late January and this UTEP team has a worse collective basketball IQ than the Chapin Huskies are weak ass takes...RT and has staff have no answers for this continued offensive struggle. This is hard to watch.
Exactly. UNT and their coach showing us how it's done.

It’s never effective yet CRT insists on running the shot clock down until we have to jack up some low percentage crap shot. My mind is made up, CRT sucks!

We are losing to UTSA, UNT and everyone else in the state other than Rice. I’ve seen enough to know shit just isn’t going to get better under his leadership.
Yep, and he is wasting away William's time here at UTEP. Question is no longer will Terry adjust, its does he know what he's doing? How would this exact team look Barbee?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
“That is not something Draper is used to doing” ~says announcer~ after he drives to the hole through the trees.

...except against UTEP.

**** man! We just stand around the perimeter and have absolutely NO ONE who can penetrate with the ball in their hands.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Announcer after Tarkes 3, "that's too bad since UTEP shooting 60% which has allowed them to get back in the game".

How many offensive possessions do we get a shot off when there are more than 5 seconds left on the shot clock? It feels like at least least 75% of our offensive possessions end with a rushed shot with less than 5 seconds left on the shot clock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT