ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP v UNT

Terrible timeout there by Rodney Terry taking two points off the board m. What the hell?
The shot came several seconds after the whistle. It's not like taking a field goal off the board in football. How could Terry know that Williams would hit a fade-away jumper three seconds later?

The shot came several seconds after the whistle. It's not like taking a field goal off the board in football. How could Terry know that Williams would hit a fade-away jumper three seconds later?
That’s what I was trying to figure it out, Williams was playing it normal and didn’t flinch on his first step..

He called a timeout to get the ball to Williams

There actually was contact on that last Boum 3. The refs very easily could have blown the whistle, if they were so inclined.

I actually don't feel that bad after this loss. I think these teams are pretty even, but home cooking entirely accounted for the margin this game.

According to announcers this is first win at home against UTEP since Truman was POTUS. Is that correct?

The coaching is turrible. Just turrible!
No excuses but us hard core fans on here knew Coach Macsland was an excellent coach and would make UNT a conference contender. The man reminds me of Rhoades when he was at Rice.

Terrible timeout there by Rodney Terry taking two points off the board m. What the hell?

That time out cost us big time!! I didn’t understand why he would call a time out with the momentum on our side, then Bryson hits the turnaround. We would have been down 3 with the team exploding after that make. Completely dumbfounded in that moment

Reactions: axingfools1
There actually was contact on that last Boum 3. The refs very easily could have blown the whistle, if they were so inclined.

I actually don't feel that bad after this loss. I think these teams are pretty even, but home cooking entirely accounted for the margin this game.

The teams are far from being even.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Terry suck ass as a coach... Let the players coach themselves... I mean, come on why not... Kill the shot clock, then jack up the worst shot you can find...
Not going there. I did with Dimel, but not with CRT.

That time out cost us big time!! I didn’t understand why he would call a time out with the momentum on our side, then Bryson hits the turnaround. We would have been down 3 with the team exploding after that make. Completely dumbfounded in that moment
We all have had that 'shat! I should've gloved one on now I'm here in court!"

Terry has an over reliance on Vila, an under reliance on Efi, no creativity on offense, no settled line-up, and no imaginative inbounds plays - all this makes it difficult to win.

Terry has shown zero in terms of his ability to coach a team up. We at least used to be able to hang out hat on some good defense, but even that is a non factor now. We just flat out suck.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Honest question: what type of adjustments have we seen from Terry since conference started? Have there been any?

Again, attack the rim. Have plays to the rim. Get to the free throw line. Why recruit athletes when your offense is based around shooting 3s? North Texas playing good D and shortening our shot clock, but we look lost in the halfcourt with our high screen dribble kick offense.

Vila with absolutley ZERO help on defense and standing on the perimeter when Williams is double teamed. Unacceptable for a 6'11" guy playing the 5. If he is going to stand around the perimeter, shoot 3s and shy away on defense then play him at the 3.
Play Tydus and Efe at the 5.

I like North Texas's game. Attack the basket, floaters, lobs, get fouls and slow us down at halfcourt. We should be doing exactly the same. Our guys are just as athletic as N. Texas.

Let's see if Terry has any sort of adjustment other than hoping Williams just takes over
I like Tydus's game a little better than Vila.

I go back and forth in my head on this. Did we over hype the talent on this team? Maybe we aren't as talented as we made this team out to be after talking them up for a year. Are we underachieving? Or is this probably what we should have expected. Then I see some things and I wonder if the offseason loss of coaches has really hurt us and Terry isn't a good game manager.

I don't know what the underlying issue is, but what is certain, is we aren't good.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
I go back and forth in my head on this. Did we over hype the talent on this team? Yes.

Maybe we aren't as talented as we made this team out to be after talking them up for a year.
Probably not.

Are we underachieving?
Yes.

Or is this probably what we should have expected.
No ****ing way.

Then I see some things and I wonder if the offseason loss of coaches has really hurt us and

Terry isn't a good game manager.
Bingo!

I don't know what the underlying issue is, but what is certain, is we aren't good. Agreed!

4 minutes UNT went dry...4 minutes! That's a ton of time and CRT let it go. In that time Williams was taking control. Terry calls a timeout, guards were ineffective in getting him the ball and went quiet except for Boum. Not good.

I go back and forth in my head on this. Did we over hype the talent on this team? Maybe we aren't as talented as we made this team out to be after talking them up for a year. Are we underachieving? Or is this probably what we should have expected. Then I see some things and I wonder if the offseason loss of coaches has really hurt us and Terry isn't a good game manager.

I don't know what the underlying issue is, but what is certain, is we aren't good.
I think it is a combination of marginal coaching, as well as an over hyping of talent. Going into the season MANY of us questioned two areas in particular: Our point guard play, and a lack of shooters. When Terry brought in Edwards, I thought that was a key addition, but it hasn't been enough. Other than Williams, all the other transfers have been disappointing, although I still hold out hope for Boum. Turnovers have gotten a bit better as of late. Like I've mention before, I consider Terry a coach who is going to need talent to make him.

Refs, really sucked bad, especially in the first half- so bad, I would say it had at least a 6 point impact, at least. Our offense really sucks, we desperately need a true floor general.

Refs, really sucked bad, especially in the first half- so bad, I would say it had at least a 6 point impact, at least. Our offense really sucks, we desperately need a true floor general.

We would have won the game if it wasn't for the refs!!!!

I don’t care what they think, they obviously don’t know basketball- were you at the damn game?? Took friend of mine from NC (Tar Heel fan) - he didn’t have a dog in the fight and agreed that first half was the worst he’s ever seen...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT