ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs McMurray

Pleasantly surprised by Terrell and Jones. Kalu looks like he has the flu?
Golding has a bench finally and can sub en mass.

Reactions: axingfools1
Looks like the Miners did what they should've. Hard to tell against inferior competition, but 120 pts is impressive I think 🤔

Reactions: MINER.JAY
I take this game with a grain of salt but here are my initial thoughts on this team:

1. Noticably bigger than last year's team.
2. Guards seem to be upgraded
3. Team appears to be deeper
4. Despite the opponent, I'm impressed that they were able to put up 120. Last year's team was lucky to hit 65 at times
5. Defense needs work
6. Rebounding needs work
7. Hardy's assists were a nice surprise.
8. Jones looks like another pleasant surprise
9. Terrell looks good for a freshmen
10. The team appeared to play with some flash, haven't seen that in a while. Hopefully, they can do that against real teams.

Is Terrell a redshirt or true frosh? I'm getting old and don't remember.

Very impressed by Terrell and Jones. They're gonna be pushing the starters for minutes early. Kalu is terrible. If he can't get going against this team I don't know how he'll be effective once the competition goes up a notch. Need to see more from Powell, not the best start but I like his physicality.

Looks like fts might be a problem still unfortunately. Will cost us against better teams.

I take this game with a grain of salt but here are my initial thoughts on this team:

1. Noticably bigger than last year's team.
2. Guards seem to be upgraded
3. Team appears to be deeper
4. Despite the opponent, I'm impressed that they were able to put up 120. Last year's team was lucky to hit 65 at times
5. Defense needs work
6. Rebounding needs work
7. Hardy's assists were a nice surprise.
8. Jones looks like another pleasant surprise
9. Terrell looks good for a freshmen
10. The team appeared to play with some flash, haven't seen that in a while. Hopefully, they can do that against real teams.
Miners scored 99 vs Sul Ross last year. So yeah…

On the postgame show, Golding portended a big signing regarding a point guard. Anybody catch that?

Whatever on the score but Golding needs to get that CJ LeBlanc kid with McMurray to transfer to UTEP. Great touch and can flat out ball.
Line up some NIL money for this kid. What are the rules on mid season transfers? 😂

ACU has games at NC St and Arkansas too. Also, only 1 non-D1 game. Guess their 3rd coach has different scheduling philosophies.

UTEP beats up on some pansy and ACU beat a Big 12 team.
Who's the ACU coach? We need to hire him Pronto! Oh, I forgot. We already did.

Last edited:
Reactions: MINER.JAY
Hey our Miners scored more points than The Mavericks tonight. They only had 117.

On a serious note. Golding was obviously correct about more (talented) depth thus year. Really difficult to rate the team based on their opponent tonight, but I am optimistic. Gotta be a much improved team over last year. Kalu continues to disguise his talent and Hamilton continues to show some potential. Hardy is the same as last year and Solomon as always is Mr. Hustle. Love is aggressiveness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT