ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs McMurray

A question for anyone watching the game on ESPN+. I heard that former Miner Hooper Vint would be one of the commentators for the game. Is that true? If so, what did you think of him?

A question for anyone watching the game on ESPN+. I heard that former Miner Hooper Vint would be one of the commentators for the game. Is that true? If so, what did you think of him?
I can say that he was better than Mando, but I wasn't really impressed.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Can anyone verify if Kalu was sick? I am serious. His face showed it and did not look crisp (I love that word for players. Thanks Mike Price).

Can anyone verify if Kalu was sick? I am serious. His face showed it and did not look crisp (I love that word for players. Thanks Mike Price).
I'm not sure if he was sick, but he did get popped in the nose at the beginning of the second half. To be honest, I didn't think he was very good offensively before he got hit. Everytime he was double teamed down low seemed to result in a turnover. He's a guy that needs to stick to rebounding and defense. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more of Jones against certain matchups.

Reactions: utep2step
I was wondering why no defense and half court offense. Seemed pretty unGolding like. Miners were just running and gunning the whole time. I enjoyed it but it ain't Miner basketball.

Reactions: miner1liner
I'm not sure if he was sick, but he did get popped in the nose at the beginning of the second half. To be honest, I didn't think he was very good offensively before he got hit. Everytime he was double teamed down low seemed to result in a turnover. He's a guy that needs to stick to rebounding and defense. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more of Jones against certain matchups.
I painfully agree. Jones was worth the wait but I’m a Kalu fan & Kalu is so darn strong, he just didn’t seem himself.

Reactions: Lil_Train
For me the ceiling for Kalu is UTEP's version of DeAndre Jordan. He doesn't have the skills for us to use him an a prime offensive threat, but he does have the strength and athleticism to play good interior D, and score on layups, dunks, and put backs. But in order to reach that ceiling he he needs to improve his rim protection, he has to block out better on our defense glass, and do a better job on our offensive glass.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT