ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs North Texas

axingfools1

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011
UTEP -2

ESPN predictor gives UTEP a 70% chance to win.

UTEP RPI is 272 to start CUSA.
Only one CUSA team in the top 65 (MTSU at 39).

North Texas is already much improved from last season. They have already improved on their win total from last season. Their new coach will be at a major program within the next five years. If he stays around expect North Texas to compete for a top four finish regularly. It’s going to be a close game. The days of writing off UNT and UTSA as automatic wins are gone.

Reactions: unihorn
North Texas is already much improved from last season. They have already improved on their win total from last season. Their new coach will be at a major program within the next five years. If he stays around expect North Texas to compete for a top four finish regularly. It’s going to be a close game. The days of writing off UNT and UTSA as automatic wins are gone.

The days of writing off ANY team are, and have been long gone. That includes Div2 and Div3 teams...

Reactions: El Paso 777
I personally never wrote off either one of these teams with their previous coaches, even during their struggles. They gave UTEP fits and UTSA pulled off some upset(s) if I remember correctly?

Benford (former UNT coach) was clearly not HC material. Had great recruits but could not put anything together. He made CTF look like "Cool Hand Luke" during some head to head to games, on and off the court and Floyd was bit of a hot head who complained about conference affiliation for UTEP's woe's. That's how much of a dufus Benford came across as.

This coaching staff has got to get better at managing the game. Omega was 1-9 against NDSU but played 37 minutes. 37 friggin minutes. Tonight he was 2-11 and played 33 minutes. When slumping like that, those minutes have to be spread amongst those more deserving. Tonight they could have gone to Gilyard, Magee, Wade, Frazier or even Touchet. So frustrating.

Reactions: Tucson_Miner
Paul Thomas and Omega Harris are huge disappointments. Paul Thomas is not a Mid Major division 1 basketball player way to weak physically and mentally. Omega only can play against very weak competition and is also very weak mentally. Omega will be gone and I predict Thomas will be too any coach worth a lick will put him so far back in a new lineup who won't even sniff playing time.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Tough one to lose. I thought we played decently. Missed some big free throws down the stretch, and had no answer for their guard Smart. Harris definitely struggled offensively. I thought we could have gone inside more often, where we had an advantage with Willms and Smith. You have to give credit to UNT for making some big pressure shots. Good to see Wade back on the court; albeit at the expense of Osborne's minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT