ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP women's basketball

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
Not looking real peachy for the women. A 2-6 start for what should be an established squad with some losses to less than formidable programs. The losing streak is at six games. Is Coach Baker next to get the axe?

It's really a shocking start. They pulled in the best recruiting class in cusa and best recruiting class in UTEP women's hoop history. I had them pegged as the best sports program at UTEP this year.

This one is a head scratcher. Everybody expected better than this. Coach Baker is still new here but this recruiting class was supposed to be a solid foundation for success over the next few seasons. But sometimes, the wheels just fall off on their own. Only, it seems to happen at UTEP more often than usual.

Guess these ladies just haven’t jelled as a team. Still hoping they turn it around for Conference.

Fire Baker’s bitch ass never liked the hire. He’s a glorified JUCO coach. Time to fully rid the Stull scum and improve our women’s sports.

#DrainTheUTEPWomensSportsSwamp

Women’s sports don’t make money and El Paso doesn’t care until they are good or have a deep run. Who cars who’s coach? I’d say 95% of posters here all-time have never been to game, especially a regular season game.

Funny that it’s only the been the beginning of his 2nd year, but Floyd and Kugler had been here much longer before people wanted that. But still, Dimel needs more years because of blah blah blah. Okay.

The guy barely got here and started applying for other jobs before he even did anything here. Certainly hasn't earned himself any patience. I say fire him if it's possible. If we don't owe him too much money.

The guy barely got here and started applying for other jobs before he even did anything here. Certainly hasn't earned himself any patience. I say fire him if it's possible. If we don't owe him too much money.

Mike Price and Tim Floyd also did that. I bet you were against firing them early in their UTEP careers though right?

Keitha,

giphy.gif

Fire Baker’s bitch ass never liked the hire. He’s a glorified JUCO coach. Time to fully rid the Stull scum and improve our women’s sports.

#DrainTheUTEPWomensSportsSwamp

Why don't you shut up your bitch ass because you have never attended a women's game. Sit down junior!

Reactions: HoneyBoy95
The total number of fans that attended women's basketball games during the 2017 - 2018 season at the Don Haskins Center: 11,301.
New capacity number: 11,892.
That is an average of 706 fans, the largest crowd was for Charlotte with 1,375.
@UTEPWBB should play their home games at Memorial Gym if it ever got renovated. They would have a little bit of home court advantage that the fans are closer to the court than at the DHC. Would they be able to have the broadcast capabilities to televise from there?

Reactions: John 100
The total number of fans that attended women's basketball games during the 2017 - 2018 season at the Don Haskins Center: 11,301.
New capacity number: 11,892.
That is an average of 706 fans, the largest crowd was for Charlotte with 1,375.
@UTEPWBB should play their home games at Memorial Gym if it ever got renovated. They would have a little bit of home court advantage that the fans are closer to the court than at the DHC. Would they be able to have the broadcast capabilities to televise from there?

It's not that easy. The locker room also isn't set to accommodate basketball anymore . The concession area is very outdated and security would be an issue. I remember women's games being there back in the day and the problems they had.

Another loss and by a whopping margin. I think we could be witnessing some kind of NCAA record for total coaching changes for one University in a one year period. Soccer, football, softball, volleyball, men's basketball and pretty soon women's basketball. Am I missing any?

Last edited:
Another loss and by a whopping margin. I think we could be witnessing some kind of NCAA record for total coaching changes for one University in a one year period. Soccer, football, softball, volleyball, men's basketball and pretty soon women's basketball. Am I missing any?
Didn't Tennis just get a new coach?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT