ADVERTISEMENT

Way to go Mineros! And CTF!!!

Tucson_Miner

MI Regular
Nov 24, 2004
I was a skeptic during this run but man did they play an amazing game today against a good La Tech team! Crowd was small but loud. So, during this 6 game win stretch they have beat 2 of the top 4 teams in CUSA! I am starting to believe again!

Great turnaround Coach!!!!

Let's just wait for the next loss to hear the fire Floyd stuff

This kind of post is pointless. Especially coming from the guy who would give his left nut for Floyd to stick around. Just enjoy the win. If you think that this is all CTF, I don't know what to tell you. I'm glad he finally "caved" and let go of some deeply ingrained stubbornness, but do you need to be reminded it only took him 2/3 of the season to do the intelligent thing by playing to the team's strength...and not his own?

My post isn't meant to be a knock on TF. But nor can much of the turn around be attributed to anything other than him making the decision to play to his squad's strengths. There is nothing genius in that. Stubbornness prevented it from happening sooner in the season. I am really glad he changed philosophies, but if anyone deserves credit for the turnaround, give it to the guys who take the court night in and night out.

Last edited:
Great win, totally different team than the one we saw in December and January. I give Floyd alot of credit for changing his philosophy.

Reactions: MINER63
This kind of post is pointless. Especially coming from the guy who would give his left nut for Floyd to stick around. Just enjoy the win. If you think that this is all CTF, I don't know what to tell you. I'm glad he finally "caved" and let go of some deeply ingrained stubbornness, but do you need to be reminded it only took him 2/3 of the season to do the intelligent thing by playing to the team's strength...and not his own?

Seriously?? You don't think this has a lot to do with Floyd?? He adapted ... He has figured out his rotations! We had a lot of new pieces and he found the right mix. And I never said that this was all Floyd just saying how fickle some miner fans are! For all I know this team doesn't win another game but for right now I see a good coaching job and great play by the players! And trust me I am definitely enjoying this win... Another big test looms over the horizon for this team

Seriously?? You don't think this has a lot to do with Floyd?? He adapted ... He has figured out his rotations! We had a lot of new pieces and he found the right mix. And I never said that this was all Floyd just saying how fickle some miner fans are! For all I know this team doesn't win another game but for right now I see a good coaching job and great play by the players! And trust me I am definitely enjoying this win... Another big test looms over the horizon for this team

Yes, I think some of the success has to do with Floyd. And I do think his rotations are close to maximizing this team's ability, considering the lack of depth. When I watch this team play though, I don't see much of a TF fingerprint. But that he conceded, I give him props for that.

I'm waiting for tournament results. It's hard to erase the bad taste of the season. I will be there for the final game against the fake orange. That win will really be great!

I have heard and I remember hearing talk about it anyone know about lee Moore and the possibility of him getting a year back of eligibility?? He hardly played his sophomore year and I remember hearing something from either Floyd or Johnson about it.... Anyone know anything?

On the radio after the La Tech game I heard Teicher say there is a good probability Lee Moore gets another year. He didn't expand on it. Haven't heard anything else besides that yesterday.

Next Year:
Moore, Omega, Artist, Winn and hopefully a 6-9 bruiser who can rebound and score and I will say that the Miner can be really good next year! This win has me sipping the kool aid a little, if they sweep the road trip I'll be chugging the kool aid!

Reactions: mikesarabia
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT