ADVERTISEMENT

weird..

UTEPfan1966

MI VIP
Apr 26, 2016
we haven't talked about the ladies team losing 4 players to transfer a la pinchi Floyd. To include the leading scorer.....

Thoughts?

I haven’t kept a close eye. By chance, are the 4 transferring Baker recruits?

None of the players leaving were recruited by Baker. 2 players would have been seniors and 2 would have been juniors.

Also strange that assistant coach Nicole Dunson, who was hired at UTEP less than a year ago, is leaving.

I'm not really sure what to think of this. This story is flying under the radar since it's the women's team.

You sure? Fairly certain Seda had just under 15 pts/gm to Howell’s 12.

I thought so too. The Times could be wrong, but this is what they state: "Najala Howell, the team's leading scorer who would have been one of two seniors on next year's roster, is leaving, as are starting point guard Faith Cook and guard Rachel Tapps. Guard Roeshonda Patterson is also expected to leave."

I thought so too. The Times could be wrong, but this is what they state: "Najala Howell, the team's leading scorer who would have been one of two seniors on next year's roster, is leaving, as are starting point guard Faith Cook and guard Rachel Tapps. Guard Roeshonda Patterson is also expected to leave."

Me thinks the Times got it wrong. Unless they were referring to what would’ve been the returning leading scorer, if Howell would’ve come back. That’s a possibility.

Me thinks the Times got it wrong. Unless they were referring to what would’ve been the returning leading scorer, if Howell would’ve come back. That’s a possibility.

The Times gets a lot of things wrong, so I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Capture.jpg

Please explain. What's up with women transferring? Was this reported in The Times? Who and why?

We should be talking about how many leads and games they blew this year due to inept coaching, who cares about WBB now that Keitha left, that totally took the wind out of the sails I had for UTEP WBB, Kevin Baker is a glorified JUCO coach, lazy hire by Stull=subpar results. Heard some disturbing chisme about Baker's personal social media use too, I don't like the guy AT ALL.

I remember Bruno Samartino wrestling the Honky Tonk Man at the El Paso Civic Center.
I was there! Honky had just won the Intercontinental title and Sammartino was filling in for "injured" Jake Roberts. Roberts showed up and Sammartino won by count out.

One of many shows I got to attend with my late grandfather who died in 2015.

Reactions: HeWore62
We should be talking about how many leads and games they blew this year due to inept coaching, who cares about WBB now that Keitha left, that totally took the wind out of the sails I had for UTEP WBB, Kevin Baker is a glorified JUCO coach, lazy hire by Stull=subpar results. Heard some disturbing chisme about Baker's personal social media use too, I don't like the guy AT ALL.

Coach Adams had her woes this year too. Wichita State was 10-16 including that horrendous 124-43 loss to UConn.

WOW!

I hope the AD takes a look at the WBB and figure out what is going on.
I wouldn't mind if he hires a new coach.

GO Miners.

Hey applied at Tech after 1 year?! Not good. This is starting to sound like CTF 2.0
Now that is an ultimate insult by the smooth operating Mr Baker. Get him outa here!!!!! How can he expect support from players or fans when he shows this kind of insincerity? Bum move.

We should be talking about how many leads and games they blew this year due to inept coaching

I don't know why you are so negative. I went to a few women's games and I thought they played well and were coached well. They had a winning record. I think he did well as a first year coach.

I feel like I need a tour guide, or at least a translator.

Help me here, El Paso 1. Definition of "shovel's bff"?

Another relative newcomer, I see, but clearly a resolute man of purpose. Thanks for the reset, KaneFan29.

As for WrestleMania, I'd rather spend my money for tickets to watch the UTEP curling team. Co-ed, of course. Gotta satisfy Title IX.

Reactions: El Paso 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT