ADVERTISEMENT

weird..

There are a couple repeat trolls on here. One in particular gets banned and creates a new name and comes back, like 10 times so far. He starts fights and tries to engage folks by ALWAYS asking some sort of question just for debate purposes. He derails threads and makes the board difficult to visit. He has returned (El Paso 1) His colors will show soon enough, but it will take the moderator like 4 months to clean the board again.
The other, Shovel, is anti utep. He points out how we suck and will never amount to anything repeatedly, like we aren't aware we suck already.

Your writing style doesn't fit into either of these at this time.

Ahhhhhh ... so that's it.

Now these strange posts, with suspicious undertones, are starting to come into focus for me. (I must be a slow study)

Trolling refers to the act of deliberately antagonizing others, right? If that's the case, I always wonder, what's in it for the troller?

Reactions: El Paso 1
No shortage of UTEP naysayers out there. Some of it is deserved. But, UTEPfan1966, I figure life's too damn short (especially now for me) to dwell on the negative. If you don't like the Miners, that doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. Each to his own.

But just move on. Take your vitriol to another message board.

UTEP was really, really good to me. In my own little ways, I just try to pay the debt.

Watch the likes and the comparisons to NMSU. Dead giveaways.
Okay, that makes sense. Say this about our neighbors in Las Cruces ... My UTEP teammates and I wanted to play those guys in double-headers. Could not get enough of kicking those Aggie butts.

I finally understand the skepticism. A couple factors can explain my active participation:

(*) I manage a publishing team. My hours are my own. I spend a lot of time in front of this screen.

(*) As such, I look for humor, ironic twists, a good campfire tale and, living in Big 12 country, I thirst for fresh info on the Miners.

(*) As a 45-year newspaper and magazine hack who now publishes 2-3 books a year, I'm guessing I can type faster than most any other poster. I don't claim my stuff is particularly compelling, but it's a river ... and it just flies off this keyboard.

As a newbie in this neighborhood, I have no stripes here, but I would urge your fellow posters to challenge what you know. Or think you know.

Learned this fundamental of fact-finding journalism in classes at Holliday Hall, on the campus of my alma mater, University of Texas at by-gawd El Paso.

If you want to get more info on UTEP and CUSA I suggest you get a free membership to the conference message board. We are severely underestimated and underrepresented on there. We could use a solid Miner voice like yours.

Follow the link below.
https://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=439

Did not know such a thing as conference message board existed. I barely know how to navigate this forum.

As to C-USA, I always get a honk out of visiting fans the first time they come to the UTEP campus and watch a game in the Sun Bowl.

Typical responses:

"Wow."

"I had no idea this place was so beautiful."

"Truly unique."

"it's like a postcard."

"Never seen a place like this."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT