ADVERTISEMENT

Well hell

Ronstr300

MI Hall of Famer
Jan 13, 2004
Although I had said at the beginning of the year Vince was leaving, I'm still a little surprised. Just a little...

What just hit me a few minutes ago is that we are losing 4 starters. So, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Since we haven't made the big dance in like forever, it just might be a very good thing. Is it important to have senior, upper class men leadership if you aren't achieving your goals? Maybe, just maybe, new blood is needed and we have lots next season.

I REALLY hope all the new guys get on campus asap so they can get comfortable with each other before the season starts.

oy vey

This sucks. Like others, I know the flaws in Hunter's game, but ultra athletic 6'8" forwards with a motor that just doesn't quit don't grow on trees. I believe that this is a mistake, and I hope that the knowledge that he will be a mid to late second round pick at best will cause Vince to reconsider and return to UTEP. If not, best of luck to him, I'll be rooting for him to make an NBA roster.

Hunter rumored to leave

I think it is important to sign at least one more quality big man to replace Hunter, though I know two have signed already, Romain and Thomas. Is there another quality forward out there at his point? Were Floyd and the staff prepared for this? Given that Hunter was given a deadline, it appears they may have been. Question is, will it be a Freshman or JC? Quality or project? And finally, a risky sign? Losing a potential night in, night out double double is going to hurt.

WELL

They decided no to fire the idiot from the Athletic Department that criticized Hunter on twitter, DON'T be surprise he's leaving. Then they wan't to keep Floyd as coach, well, I'm glad I am not a season ticket holder.

Re: WELL

Alvino, your playing right? You don't really think Vince made a life decision on the words of Jeff Darby do you? Lmao C'min Man!

Re: WELL

Originally posted by nattybry:
Alvino, your playing right? You don't really think Vince made a life decision on the words of Jeff Darby do you? Lmao C'min Man!
Some people think that recruits base some part of their decision on what is written on a message board, so I'm not all surprised with that comment.

Speaking of a need for another big man...does anyone have expectations for Trey Winn? Be might be the answer. I don't much about him other than he seems to be big,strong and a gamer.

Originally posted by miner1liner:
Speaking of a need for another big man...does anyone have expectations for Trey Winn? Be might be the answer. I don't much about him other than he seems to be big,strong and a gamer.
I have it on good authority that Winn is the next Charles Barkley ! So with that kid Thomas (the next Kevin Durant) will be just fine, great I tell you. (tongue planted firmly in cheek).
[/B]
Truth of the matter is we don't know how these kids will pan out . I didn't predict Vince Hunter would play as good as he did so early, so you never know. The most we can hope for is that they are serviceable at best. We'll be counting on a few players playing their first D1 action. Maybe one can be a gem and surpass expectations or else it might be another sub-par year , IMO .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT