ADVERTISEMENT

WELL..........

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
So far so good! Started getting careless last few minutes. Hang in there guys. A win here .would be huge.

This is one of the better attended games I have seen here. I'm sitting in section 102 right across the court from the UTEP bench so I have a clear view of the Miner fan base. I would say there are about 70-80 wearing orange maybe 100.

UTEP shooting over sixty percent and Rice lost by playing the 3 game. Great win by Miners despite the mugging they endured.

Reactions: allminer
JC...glad you were on hand and representing. For those of us unable to watch, can you give us a review of the game?

Jones has to be the unsung hero of this game. Major quality play since Wilms was getting sneezing on the court calls.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Never saw this coming. This is a different basketball team. Kudos to Floyd and company for doing a great job in the second half of the season. Like many here, I had given up on this group but they're proving us wrong. I hope this momentum continues to next season when we bring our new recruits.

C4_xwQQW8AETq0m.jpg

I've lost count of how many top four in conference teams we have beat.

JC...glad you were on hand and representing. For those of us unable to watch, can you give us a review of the game?
It started off with the refs calling everything against the Miners. RICE was in the bonus real quick in both halfs. UTEP looked like the stronger more physical team forcing RICE into bad shots. On the offensive end our bigs imposed their size advantage scoring at will in the paint. The Miners hit some key three balls. Paul played like he had hair on his chest despite having four fouls the better part of the second half.

Tim Floyd was very animated and coached his ass off. It didn't seem like the game was ever in doubt. These guys are gluing together into a hell of a team. Watch out come tourney time for these kids.

I'll try to think of more points on the drive home.

It started off with the refs calling everything against the Miners. RICE was in the bonus real quick in both halfs. UTEP looked like the stronger more physical team forcing RICE into bad shots. On the offensive end our bigs imposed their size advantage scoring at will in the paint. The Miners hit some key three balls. Paul played like he had hair on his chest despite having four fouls the better part of the second half.

Tim Floyd was very animated and coached his ass off. It didn't seem like the game was ever in doubt. These guys are gluing together into a hell of a team. Watch out come tourney time for these kids.

Where is home? EP or Houston or....?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT