ADVERTISEMENT

Welp, we’ve dissected UNT game to hell, OU is next

Just hope to see some fight and some visible improvements against a much better opponent. Get out of this game with no injuries, lick our wounds and beat the 2 NM schools and get ready for another beat down against Boise St. Then at 2-3 try to get 4 out of the next 7 and save face at 6-6. Anything over this will be a blessing at this point.
Sooners 56
Minero's 14

Reactions: mikesarabia
Just hope to see some fight and some visible improvements against a much better opponent. Get out of this game with no injuries, lick our wounds and beat the 2 NM schools and get ready for another beat down against Boise St. Then at 2-3 try to get 4 out of the next 7 and save face at 6-6. Anything over this will be a blessing at this point.
Sooners 56
Minero's 14
"Hope springs eternal"

56-14

Problem is this is the first game for their new coach so they’ll probably want to show up and show out. We’ll get a late fluke TD against their 3rd stringers

Reactions: kickballpro
Miners 20
OU 55

Won’t be that close. If the Miners look awful, it will be a long season. If they look okay in the 1st quarter, that is “promising”.

Don’t forget that OU was gutted in the off season. Their QB(s) and several top talent left for USC. If ever there was a year to catch them…..
Uh, they have an experienced transfer QB that’s been lighting it up in practice, and their recruiting hasn’t fallen off much.

They’re going to go in dry on us.

And we know Venables can coach up the D. He has 3 nattys as a DC.

Last edited:
I'll stick with my pick on another topic....
Sooner or Later 112
Minor Miners 3
Pretty sure if a team scored 112 this day in age the other team would have to go 3 and out every time. You may be 50 or 60 pts too high lol

Can’t believe you guys don’t see UTEP getting any garbage time TDs
I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility. But do you think UTEP’s 1s are better than OU’s 2s and 3s? And that’s after UTEP gets punched up for 3 plus quarters?

No reason to hurt yourself. You know what’s coming.

I might be right alongside uni devel in the consumption category. I mean, I was there last week against UNT. Maybe I'll try to sleep thru the OU game and avoid that situation.

(corrected to indicate devel instead of uni)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Train
Sad looking through these scores. In 2017 they beat us 56 - 7 in Riley's debut game. That year Kugler quit on the team and we went 0-12. Oklahoma won 12 games and ended up in the CFP's.

Here we are year 5 with what's supposed to be an improved team vs a team rebuilding and the score predictions are the same or worse as the actual score was 5 years ago. It's as if nothing has changed.

Sad looking through these scores. In 2017 they beat us 56 - 7 in Riley's debut game. That year Kugler quit on the team and we went 0-12. Oklahoma won 12 games and ended up in the CFP's.

Here we are year 5 with what's supposed to be an improved team vs a team rebuilding and the score predictions are the same or worse as the actual score was 5 years ago. It's as if nothing has changed.
I was hoping to tell my OU loving in laws, "ya know, this game may be a first half challenge". Now, I'm just brown bagging my face with embarrassment. I'm just going to watch on TV to see if my niece comes out since she is in OU band. Other than that, I am so disgusted with Dimel I can't bare to watch.

Here we go with a seven year Price legacy 2.0. Senter's not going to fire or ask him to step down. A least Kugler had pride and did the right thing and went back to the NFL.

I bet Coach Kill is licking his chops for the following weekend.

I guess 2step didn't sell Dimel his house or he would be in total support of him.

Kugler had the decency to step down? Are you kidding me? Remember he lost his wife because of an affair. He was forced out. Period.

For the most part, most people on here have been anti Dimel since he was named coach. Personally, I had no clue who this dude was. Being that I bleed orange, I was willing to wait and see. Kugler was BY FAR the worst coach at UTEP in my lifetime, and I've seen some shit. He was a horrible game day coach, horrible recruiter, horrible person, and left the program in the worst possible shape EVER. There was absolutely ZERO talent for any new coach to work with. (filling the roster with mainly local kids? Seriously?)

I was hugely disappointed with our first game. I could complain about damn near everything just as you all have done. However, I also believe that if we reduce the mistakes, we win that game. I was screaming at my TV on those 2 quick touchdown drives. BUT....it appeared the defense didn't play all that bad overall.

I honestly believe Dimel has built a solid foundation for our program to improve. He MUST turn over the play calling to the coordinators immediately. If this season does go downhill and he gets the (pick) ax, our next coach will have a leg up on previous coaches with decent talent in place.

Please step away from the train tracks. It's not time yet to give up.

UTEP 20
OU 42

Reactions: MinerFan79
I guess 2step didn't sell Dimel his house or he would be in total support of him.

Kugler had the decency to step down? Are you kidding me? Remember he lost his wife because of an affair. He was forced out. Period.

For the most part, most people on here have been anti Dimel since he was named coach. Personally, I had no clue who this dude was. Being that I bleed orange, I was willing to wait and see. Kugler was BY FAR the worst coach at UTEP in my lifetime, and I've seen some shit. He was a horrible game day coach, horrible recruiter, horrible person, and left the program in the worst possible shape EVER. There was absolutely ZERO talent for any new coach to work with. (filling the roster with mainly local kids? Seriously?)

I was hugely disappointed with our first game. I could complain about damn near everything just as you all have done. However, I also believe that if we reduce the mistakes, we win that game. I was screaming at my TV on those 2 quick touchdown drives. BUT....it appeared the defense didn't play all that bad overall.

I honestly believe Dimel has built a solid foundation for our program to improve. He MUST turn over the play calling to the coordinators immediately. If this season does go downhill and he gets the (pick) ax, our next coach will have a leg up on previous coaches with decent talent in place.

Please step away from the train tracks. It's not time yet to give up.

UTEP 20
OU 42
Now THIS is a post I can get behind. Love the optimism and support for the orange

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT