ADVERTISEMENT

Western Kentucky Prediction Thread

EPUTEP

MI Regular
Feb 22, 2023
Western Kentucky- 79
UTEP- 70

I still don't have faith that UTEP can beat good teams.

I was at the game last night and I think they might have turn the corner on fouls and running more. This team can run and they are exciting when they do. It was a good defense but they still lack a good big guy, however, no team can do stop them from running and scoring.
Next victim is Western Kentucky and already, feel sorry for them. The Running Miners will destroy them by 12 points..
Get to the game early and stand proud and get loud...

Reactions: MINER.JAY
I was at the game last night and I think they might have turn the corner on fouls and running more. This team can run and they are exciting when they do. It was a good defense but they still lack a good big guy, however, no team can do stop them from running and scoring.
Next victim is Western Kentucky and already, feel sorry for them. The Running Miners will destroy them by 12 points..
Get to the game early and stand proud and get loud...
I'm old enough to remember when Zid Powell and the Miners turned a corner after beating Wyoming in the finals of the Sun Bowl Basketball Tournament. We then went 1-3 over our next four games, with losses to Seattle, NMSU, and FIU. I'm even older than that. I remember our defense forcing turnovers that led to a bunch of fast break buckets against a couple of lower division scrubs plus UCSB, Austin Peay, and Cal. Then the "Running Miners" lost to Bradley, LMU, TX A&M CC, Oregon, and Abilene Christian.

We beat a bad team in our stadium. Given that we play in a weak league, that's likely to happen a few more times. It's also like that we'll lose more games from here on out than we win. Beating a 6-12 team at home hardly indicates that we've turned any corners.

I'm with you Maniac. I've somewhat loosened my leash with Golding's boys as I watched a movie last night and seriously forgot there was a game. Only when I went to ESPN and noticed their score did I turn on Teich. I really would like to know if Golding has addressed the reason for Jones & Horton hardly playing especially since he needs all the help he can get to win. Also where's Hamilton?

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I'm with you Maniac. I've somewhat loosened my leash with Golding's boys as I watched a movie last night and seriously forgot there was a game. Only when I went to ESPN and noticed their score did I turn on Teich. I really would like to know if Golding has addressed the reason for Jones & Horton hardly playing especially since he needs all the help he can get to win. Also where's Hamilton?
All three freshman played some minutes yesterday. I thought Jones played a bit better on the defensive end, where he still has a ways to go. He did also make a 3 point shot. I thought Horton forced a couple of shots, and is also a bit of a liability on defense. Terrell was active on defense as usual which separates him from the other two, but was uneven on offense. Again, he really needs to develop an outside game to be able to take the next step. Hamilton, to me, is far too immobile to be playable against D1 teams on the defensive end.

All three freshman played some minutes yesterday. I thought Jones played a bit better on the defensive end, where he still has a ways to go. He did also make a 3 point shot. I thought Horton forced a couple of shots, and is also a bit of a liability on defense. Terrell was active on defense as usual which separates him from the other two, but was uneven on offense. Again, he really needs to develop an outside game to be able to take the next step. Hamilton, to me, is far too immobile to be playable against D1 teams on the defensive end.
Haven't seen Hamilton in awhile. Is he still on the team?

Reactions: kickballpro
Why is there always 2 game day threads now?
Anyways I guess I'll pick this one SMH 😒 I'm still upset about the FIU game, but here's a chance to get back to .500 in conference at least
UTEP 80
W. Kentucky 76 in OT

Seems like we may be the only ones watching this one Maniac. I must say Mando is in rare form tonight. Cringy, yet completely clueless. 😬
Wish I was watching. At a restaurant on the East Side where we have a large party and a 6:30 pm Reservation and still waiting for our table to be ready.

Reactions: Lil_Train
On pace to score in the 80s, but so are the Hilltoppers. Hopefully we can keep up the offense and find some defense in 2nd half.

Our point guard leads a 4 on 1 break, the defender does the smart thing and picks up the guy with the ball - and instead of passing our starting point guard takes a tough shot. I can't wait until we recruit a real point guard

We have to find some defense tonight. This back and forth scoring favors WKY big time, as we certainly can't keep up with this pace - a scoring drought is always around the corner.

He is what he is and it'll most likely always be. He's just not an offensive player what so ever. Doesn't have the ball skills.
Got it. I don't expect to ever see jump hooks, fadeaways, jump shots, drop step moves, etc. from Kalu, he will never have those offensive skills. Nor do I ever expect him to grow a set of hands. But he does need to make his dunks and the majority of his layups, they are the only things he can contribute. And he hasn't done it well tonight

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT