ADVERTISEMENT

What a GREAT win!

miner661

MI Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2001
Down 17 at halftime, these guys didn't pack in. They fought back, took it to OT, then double OT, and outplayed Colorado St down the stretch. Hell yes! Big win! GO MINERS!!!

I listened to a CSU audio feed of the game. Sounds like the Rams dominated in most categories. But it's good that the Miners sucked it up and played hard enough to win. This will sure put some pep in their step. Now, if Omega Harris gets it in gear for the second semester and Buddha gets healthy, we're really gonna have a team this season. Any word on Josh McSwiggans' eligibility? And let's get Trey Touchet in the game enough to let the announcers figure out how to pronounce his name.

We needed this win. CSU has had our number the last few times. Eustachy's teams are well coached and play very smart. I hope this team can build on this victory and get ready for the aggies.

This will be a good win down the stretch... I am impressed with how they fought back, thought for sure. It would be a whoopin... But this team is very interesting, they seem to have something that hasn't been seen in a while.

Reactions: MINER63
Would be nice if they can nurse Willms, even if just for some key minutes as the season progresses.

I thought we were gone in the 1st half. But CSU was bound to miss some shots and we were bound to make a few. The last 7 min of the 1st half I though Curry and Thompson snuck into the game wearing CSU jerseys. When Artis, Morris and Moore get going we are fun to watch. They remind of the Arkansas teams of the 80's with Brewer, Delph and Moncrief.

I thought we were gone in the 1st half. But CSU was bound to miss some shots and we were bound to make a few. The last 7 min of the 1st half I though Curry and Thompson snuck into the game wearing CSU jerseys. When Artis, Morris and Moore get going we are fun to watch. They remind of the Arkansas teams of the 80's with Brewer, Delph and Moncrief.

Great comparison. Our trio is about the same size as the Arkansas players. Remember how their 6-3 and 6-4 guys grabbed so many rebounds? Granted it was a different era, but Artis, Morris, and Moore are just as quick if not quicker.

We should have better results. CUSA freaking sucks this year. UAB and Old Dominion are nowhere near as good as they were last year. If we don't win the cusa regular season or make the ncaa tourney , then this season was a major failure.

We should have better results. CUSA freaking sucks this year. UAB and Old Dominion are nowhere near as good as they were last year. If we don't win the cusa regular season or make the ncaa tourney , then this season was a major failure.

It's way too early in this basketball season, dickhead, to say who sucks and who doesn't.

Reactions: TortugaEP
Great comparison. Our trio is about the same size as the Arkansas players. Remember how their 6-3 and 6-4 guys grabbed so many rebounds? Granted it was a different era, but Artis, Morris, and Moore are just as quick if not quicker.
Saw that team 3x and all three could jump out of the gym, Delph was really amazing he could block a jump shot being 3 steps back. Our guys aren't leapers per say but Morris and Moore have sweet jump shots and along with Artis have a similar 3 on 3 game. Regardless of how we come out this year, these guys are fun to watch.

NMSU, UT Arlington, Washington State, NMSU; no RPI builders but dangerous teams obviously.

Then UTEP will meet Norfolk State and then a real treat; a meeting with one of the tallest people in the world will be in the Don Haskins Invitational. 7' 6" Mamadou Ndiaye of UC Irvine if they get past SHSU. SHSU also has Jesse Lopez from EP Bowie High School.

Ndiaye is one for 40 tallest people in the world. I embedded a youtube of the game a few days ago of UC Irvine against UCF and 7' 6" Tacko Fall.

Reactions: topminer
UT
NMSU, UT Arlington, Washington State, NMSU; no RPI builders but dangerous teams obviously.

Then UTEP will meet Norfolk State and then a real treat; a meeting with one of the tallest people in the world will be in the Don Haskins Invitational. 7' 6" Mamadou Ndiaye of UC Irvine if they get past SHSU. SHSU also has Jesse Lopez from EP Bowie High School.

Ndiaye is one for 40 tallest people in the world. I embedded a youtube of the game a few days ago of UC Irvine against UCF and 7' 6" Tacko Fall.

UT Arlington is currently top 50 RPI, they won't stay there, but just saying they're way higher than Utep right now they beat Ohio St. And Memphis on the road!

I am more concerned with that Saikam dude from NMSU than that goofy ass 7'6 guy who has yet to grab 10 or more rebounds in a game this year. I think Vint will do very well against him. That's funny how ESPN made a big deal the other day when those 2 7'6 guys played each other, like it was James vs. Durant, and they both COMBINED for 8 points and 12 rebounds. Saikam is going to be a huge problem for us down low.

I am more concerned with that Saikam dude from NMSU than that goofy ass 7'6 guy who has yet to grab 10 or more rebounds in a game this year. I think Vint will do very well against him. That's funny how ESPN made a big deal the other day when those 2 7'6 guys played each other, like it was James vs. Durant, and they both COMBINED for 8 points and 12 rebounds. Saikam is going to be a huge problem for us down low.

Dude...you actually kinda sounded like a Miner fan there. Kudos!

Did I not mention in my opening sentence we have NMSU two times and they, including the others, are dangerous games? They are dangerous games because they are all good teams. NMSU is good because they have a damn good coach in Menzies who I personally respect. UTEP is not going to be just worried about Saikam. Look, I'm sorry ESPN doesn't give a shit about NMSU but you all are in a worse conference than CUSA. so STFU.

What do you mean "us"?

Did I not mention in my opening sentence we have NMSU two times and they, including the others, are dangerous games? They are dangerous games because they are all good teams. NMSU is good because they have a damn good coach in Menzies who I personally respect. UTEP is not going to be just worried about Saikam. Look, I'm sorry ESPN doesn't give a shit about NMSU but you all are in a worse conference than CUSA. so STFU.

What do you mean "us"?
Calm down and take some midol, I guess it's that time of the month.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas

What do you mean "us"?
You need to quit worrying, utep2step. The games with NMSU aren't really "dangerous." Scary, yes, dangerous, no. And you don't have to "personally respect" Menzies to get him to respect you. And being "sorry ESPN doesn't give a shit about NMSU" is not going to get you anywhere.

You need to chill out.

Actually, NMSU, UTA, and UCI are great RPI games for us. 75% of your RPI is your record plus the record of your opponents. All three of those team are probably going to end up with pretty good records, so we ought to wind up with a pretty decent RPI out of it. You build your RPI by beating teams with good records, no matter what conference they play in. Out of our upcoming games, Washington State is probably the worst from an RPI perspective since they're probably going to end up towards the bottom of Pac-12 (the saving grace is that it will be on the road so we get a bump for it).

What some teams in this conference don't understand is that you don't build it by playing body bag games on the road, and that's one of the things that's driving the conference down as a whole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT