ADVERTISEMENT

What if.......

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
Rice pulls the upset on UNT? Rice can be deadly from beyond the arc and if they get hot, UNT is in trouble.

My main point is they are still in CUSA and if UNT loses is it one bid dancing for the conference or can UNT get an at large (their NET is at 41 as of today)? Losing two games in a row and getting bounced in quarterfinal to a non top tier conference opponent will not sit well with the committee. UNT is the best team to get past the first round if invited. UAB, while a good team, is not as dimensional as UNT who can go inside and outside, rebound well, excellent defensive team and McCasland is one of the best active mid major coaches who can coach up a team against a solid power school.

I just don't see any other CUSA member getting past the first round if UNT gets snubbed.

Rice pulls the upset on UNT? Rice can be deadly from beyond the arc and if they get hot, UNT is in trouble.

My main point is they are still in CUSA and if UNT loses is it one bid dancing for the conference or can UNT get an at large (their NET is at 41 as of today)? Losing two games in a row and getting bounced in quarterfinal to a non top tier conference opponent will not sit well with the committee. UNT is the best team to get past the first round if invited. UAB, while a good team, is not as dimensional as UNT who can go inside and outside, rebound well, excellent defensive team and McCasland is one of the best active mid major coaches who can coach up a team against a solid power school.

I just don't see any other CUSA member getting past the first round if UNT gets snubbed.
I think UNT has to make the championship game to have a shot at an at-large bid. Even that probably won’t be enough.

I think UAB could win a first round game. Maybe us too. There’s a lot of parity in cbb at this time.

I think UNT has to make the championship game to have a shot at an at-large bid. Even that probably won’t be enough.

I think UAB could win a first round game. Maybe us too. There’s a lot of parity in cbb at this time.
Agree. Unfortunately, CUSA is a one bid league.

We can definitely win an NCAAT game if SB, EB, and KK all get hot at the right time assuming the match up is right.

UNT needed to beat UTEP and lose to UAB in the conference title game if they had any chance of an at large. I think CUSA is a one bid league this year, but I hope I’m wrong.

Imo UNT doesn't make the championship game. They'll have a hard time beating LT 3 times. WKU was supposedly missing 2 key players during their first game. Either one of them ends UNT's run.

Well, they're thumping Rice at halftime. I don't think they liked having their win streak snapped.

Ok, I'm calling it now. UNT gets the "last four out" from the NCAA. Losing to a top tier divisional foe in tournament play is one thing, but losing to a middle of the pack upstart (UTEP) divisional foe is another this late in the season, no matter if the game was meaningless for conference standings/seedings. Plus, the last two hours were a mid major "here we go again!" scenario:

"The wins were critical for both the Hoosiers and the Aggies, although in different ways. For IU, beating the Fighting Illini in all probability earned Mike Woodson's team a spot in the field of 68. Possibly Indiana was in already. If so, now it's a slam dunk."-Bracketology

UNT is out but will get a top NIT seeding because they are conference champs. NIT sends auto invites to conference champs who lose in conference tournaments resulting being snubbed by the NCAA.

That MTSU and UAB game was a battle. I thought MTSU looked gassed at the end of our game. I can’t believe they came back and took UAB to 3OT! I wished they would’ve won now. After all is said and done, I’m hoping that LA Tech wins this thing. It would be good for CUSA4.0 to have them, Jacksonville St and possible NMSU all in the tournament.

That MTSU and UAB game was a battle. I thought MTSU looked gassed at the end of our game. I can’t believe they came back and took UAB to 3OT! I wished they would’ve won now. After all is said and done, I’m hoping that LA Tech wins this thing. It would be good for CUSA4.0 to have them, Jacksonville St and possible NMSU all in the tournament.
I really like the makeup of that MTSU team. Alot of good athletes with length. Not a lot of size, but a bunch of 6' 7" guys, with a ton of depth. Their second team is just as good as their first. This may be the model for Golding moving forward to maximize the pressure defense he wants to run. Then again, just about any defense would look good with all those athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT