ADVERTISEMENT

Who Does CUSA Add?

Okay here is my legit C-USA.

Have to make it a 16/14 team league. CUSA must show FCS teams that there is stability .

C-USA East
UMASS
UCONN (Football Only)
Liberty
FIU
Jacksonville State
Navy
Missouri St
Villanova ??? IDK it doesnt matter just pick a school from the CAA

C-USA west
UTEP
La Tech
NMSU
Sam Houston ST
Tarleton St
NAU
Idaho
Hawaii
GCU (Basketball only)

Have to make it a 16/14 team league. CUSA must show FCS teams that there is stability .

C-USA East
UMASS
UCONN (Football Only)
Liberty
FIU
Jacksonville State
Navy
Missouri St

C-USA west
UTEP
La Tech
NMSU
Sam Houston ST
Tarleton St
NAU
Idaho
Hawaii
GCU (Basketball only)
I will buy you a sub to Brazzers for the next 20 years if that happens.

• Haha
Reactions: TxRdKiller
So idk if this is a breach of confidentiality or what, but who cares. At a party this evening networking with some Dallas Folks, one of which is a graduate and alum of Jacksonville St. Got to talking and said, they know for a fact Jacksonville St. and CUSA have been talking seriously. Now talking obviously doesn't mean anything at this point, but thought I'd report it. JSU also has a nice stadium that also got approved for a new expansion where student dorms will overlook the stadium. Kennesaw St and Tarleton St. also came up, but that was more of both of us speculating. Jacksonville St. would make a nice addition and keep the state of Alabama. If CUSA wants to attain Liberty and keep M. Tennessee and W. Kentucky, they can't go exclusively Texas FCS teams or NMSU. A good mix would be NMSU, Mc Neese St/Tarleton St./Sam Houston St, Jacksonville St. Kennesaw St. maybe or something along those lines.

Last edited:
So idk if this is a breach of confidentiality or what, but who cares. At a party this evening networking with some Dallas Folks, one of which is a graduate and alum of Jacksonville St. Got to talking and said, they know for a fact Jacksonville St. and CUSA have been talking seriously. Now talking obviously doesn't mean anything at this point, but thought I'd report it. JSU also has a nice stadium that also got approved for a new expansion where student dorms will overlook the stadium. Kennesaw St and Tarleton St. also came up, but that was more of both of us speculating. Jacksonville St. would make a nice addition and keep the state of Alabama. If CUSA wants to attain Liberty and keep M. Tennessee and W. Kentucky, they can't go exclusively Texas FCS teams or NMSU. A good mix would be NMSU, Mc Neese St/Tarleton St./Sam Houston St, Jacksonville St. Kennesaw St. maybe or something along those lines.
Keep the state of Alabama?? They’re like a distant 6th in the state? Dumpy basketball program. This is what we’re considering being conference mates with?

Until CUSA knows if WKU/MTSU are gone, nobody will join and if they leave, the conference will no longer exist, at least in football.

Jacksonville St would be a nice grab. Historically they have high attendance for an FCS program.

Keep the state of Alabama?? They’re like a distant 6th in the state? Dumpy basketball program. This is what we’re considering being conference mates with?

Until CUSA knows if WKU/MTSU are gone, nobody will join and if they leave, the conference will no longer exist, at least in football.
Just reporting what was said. Also Alabama is a good football recruiting ground. Not for Utep, but for others in CUSA JS.

Who cares? If we end up independent and in the WAC we're going to be in a conference full of dumpy basketball programs.
Fair. Though the teams will be closer and not in a small Alabama town. You can go to games at Stephen F Austin, you’ll never go to Jacksonville, Alabama.

Fair. Though the teams will be closer and not in a small Alabama town. You can go to games at Stephen F Austin, you’ll never go to Jacksonville, Alabama.
Closer to who? I would never attend games in St Geroge or Orem or Riverside or Seattle....

If CUSA survives it will include at least one or two WAC Texas teams.

Closer to who? I would never attend games in St Geroge or Orem or Riverside or Seattle....

If CUSA survives it will include at least one or two WAC Texas teams.
But you would with all the Texas teams. El Paso Miner fans can travel to GCU for games. E Paso isn’t traveling to Ruston or Jacksonville.

But you would with all the Texas teams. El Paso Miner fans can travel to GCU for games. E Paso isn’t traveling to Ruston or Jacksonville.
We should give up on CUSA, go independent, and join the wac so El Pasoans can travel to one away game?

NC A&T, a HBCU, has wanted fbs since about 2018. Good football attendance and would fit geographically with Liberty and a few other schools in that part of the country to build up an east division.

C-USA East
UMASS
UCONN (Football Only)
Liberty
FIU
Jacksonville State
Navy
Missouri St

C-USA west
UTEP
La Tech
NMSU
Sam Houston ST
Tarleton St
NAU
Idaho
Hawaii
GCU (Basketball only)
A conference that stretches all the way from Massachusetts to Hawaii? No mames…

1567089731784.jpg

Last edited:
NC A&T, a HBCU, has wanted fbs since about 2018. Good football attendance and would fit geographically with Liberty and a few other schools in that part of the country to build up an east division.
They just joined the Big South. Paying exit and entrances fees so close together is nonsensical. They’re not coming.

They just joined the Big South. Paying exit and entrances fees so close together is nonsensical. They’re not coming.
I'm sure CUSA would waive entrance fees and help them pay those 250k exit fees. I'm not even sure if it's that much. Cant find it. Do you always see everything as impossible?

I'm sure CUSA would waive entrance fees and help them pay those 250k exit fees. I'm not even sure if it's that much. Cant find it. Do you always see everything as impossible?
When it comes to FCS teams rushing to join a league with FIU and UTEP in it, while 2 more could leave, then yes. That’s why NMSU isn’t here yet. Nobody wants to sacrifice their better basketball and volleyball travel to join.

Any AD that is considering taking on extra expenses for peanuts and little to no TV exposure, is not doing a good job.

When it comes to FCS teams rushing to join a league with FIU and UTEP in it, while 2 more could leave, then yes. That’s why NMSU isn’t here yet. Nobody wants to sacrifice their better basketball and volleyball travel to join.

Any AD that is considering taking on extra expenses for peanuts and little to no TV exposure, is not doing a good job.
NMSU isn't here cuz they haven't been offered.

NMSU isn't here cuz they haven't been offered.

Can you point me to a tweet from a UAB, UTSA, Southern Miss spokesperson that says they were offered to their future conferences?

If you say there’s an offer, you could upset some fans by not immediately accepting or when it might not happen. We’ve already been over this. It’s just AD speak. NMSU has an offer - if there’s a CUSA FBS league. The league’s football future is in doubt, that’s why “they haven’t been offered”.

Can you point me to a tweet from a UAB, UTSA, Southern Miss spokesperson that says they were offered to their future conferences?

If you say there’s an offer, you could upset some fans by not immediately accepting or when it might not happen. We’ve already been over this. It’s just AD speak. NMSU has an offer - if there’s a CUSA FBS league. The league’s football future is in doubt, that’s why “they haven’t been offered”.
Looks like they upset fans by saying there's no offer. Yes I showed you what the new Marshall president said when asked about moving conferences.

Looks like they upset fans by saying there's no offer. Yes I showed you what the new Marshall president said when asked about moving conferences.
Those are clueless fans like Fili. Not the more intelligent ones that can see what’s been happening.

Yes, here is the non-definitive quote:

“We have made no decision about what conference we are going to go in, whether it will stay in C-USA or go into another conference,” he said. “We have gathered information. I have shared that information with Dr. (Jerome) Gilbert and Chairman (Patrick) Farrell.”

Doesn’t say anything about an offer or the Sun Belt. Says they could stay in CUSA or leave. That’s not what NMSU said. According to a report and didn’t give the name of the person. Just talking without saying anything.

Those are clueless fans like Fili. Not the more intelligent ones that can see what’s been happening.

Yes, here is the non-definitive quote:

“We have made no decision about what conference we are going to go in, whether it will stay in C-USA or go into another conference,” he said. “We have gathered information. I have shared that information with Dr. (Jerome) Gilbert and Chairman (Patrick) Farrell.”

Doesn’t say anything about an offer or the Sun Belt. Says they could stay in CUSA or leave. That’s not what NMSU said. According to a report and didn’t give the name of the person. Just talking without saying anything.
Or like those clueless fans who think a move up to FBS will always be there and can wait for the next round.

Not exactly, he said something that applies to you and me.

We have no idea what conversations are really taking place. Every time you shoot down any reasonable suggestion we make, you sound like a clueless fan too.

Or like those clueless fans who think a move up to FBS will always be there and can wait for the next round.

Not exactly, he said something that applies to you and me.

We have no idea what conversations are really taking place. Every time you shoot down any reasonable suggestion we make, you sound like a clueless fan too.
Again, doesn’t mention anything specific. They’re not reasonable, that’s why. And they’re not your ideas. You’re just re-hashing things you read on the CUSA board.

The ideas on here are pulling Sun Belt teams, Idaho, and Hawaii.

Again, doesn’t mention anything specific. They’re not reasonable, that’s why. And they’re not your ideas. You’re just re-hashing things you read on the CUSA board.

Point is you don't know anything more than we do. Your only purpose is to shit on anything that might mean CUSA continues existing.

If you're lumping us in with Fili's ideas then you're dumber than we thought. I don't take those seriously.

Some of them are from the CUSA board and other just make too much sense that we're all thinking them.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
Point is you don't know anything more than we do. Your only purpose is to shit on anything that might mean CUSA continues existing.

If you're lumping us in with Fili's ideas then you're dumber than we thought. I don't take those seriously.

Some of them are from the CUSA board and other just make too much sense that we're all thinking them.

Everyone here is clueless. My guess is just as good as anyone.

Idaho and Hawaii is good idea. Why does Utep have to please the east coast teams?

Wow, you are dense. Literally no one is talking about Hawaii to CUSA. Even if that had been suggested... there's no reason for them to leave the Mountain West / Big West for a CISA carcass.
Hawaii to CUSA is a meme suggestion on Reddit when the UConn rumors popped up. No one should ever talk to them or Idaho.

If kids really wanna see America in a true "Conference USA", Hawaii and Idaho has to be included.

Hawaii to CUSA is a meme suggestion on Reddit when the UConn rumors popped up. No one should ever talk to them or Idaho.

If kids really wanna see America in a true "Conference USA", Hawaii and Idaho has to be included.
Lmao... a Fili equivalent. Hawaii and UCONN to CUSA. I'll bet you $1,000 that doesn't happen.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
i thought Hawaii was indy. fine just replace Hawaii with another Western team.Utep is the one that has to travel the farthest in CUSA. Have you noticed since being in CUSA utep hasnt recruited the south east. They still recruit out west. Utep needs to stay west.

If WKU/MT leave to MAC like rumored (thus leaving CUSA no chance to refill spots and possibly dissolve), will UTEP still get exit fees?

Actually, throughout history, do departing schools actually pay exit fees or are they negotiated down?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT