ADVERTISEMENT

Who is QB next year?

If Kai's dad is hired as HC at Maryland, is it in the cards for him to transfer to play for his dad?

That's a big if, even a double if, but if it did happen then currently it would be Brandon Jones who has played well and played poorly. He certainly has potential. Then likely Goodwin if he progresses well in Fall practice. Maybe a transfer QB just in case.

Speaking of our QB situation, how long will Torrez, Fernandez and Brownholtz sit around and not play a lick? Will any of them transfer to an FCS to get playing time?

Goodwin made it public knowledge that he was told he was the QB of the future for UTEP. I doubt that could sit well with the other QB's on the roster.

I think we know one thing for sure, next years QB is not currently on our roster. Lets just pray and hope Dimel can see it as well. I am a Dimel fan, but if Locksley is locked in as our starter, I will lose all faith I have in Dimel.

Goodwin is probably is an upgrade over what we currently have, but is throwing him to the wolves as a true freshman a good move???

Hopefully Dimel can land a decent grad transfer QB or JUCO QB to give Goodwin a full season to learn from the sidelines.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Locksley’s only chance to transfer and play immediately may depend on him attaining his degree by the spring. I wonder if that is even possible since he is on his 3rd college. His credits may be all jacked up with classes transferring/not transferring.

If we are stuck between Locksley and Brandon Jones I may prefer to see Locksley. His play slipped a lot after the ankle injury. That’s not to say that he was playing at an amazing level but I remember he was almost even with Wadley in ypg the first 4 or 5 games of the season. With a season under his belt I’m sure the staff as well as Kai know what he needs to work on. The same goes for Jones.

Aside from the QB deficiencies UTEP needs their O-Line to protect A LOT better. They need a WR (or 2 or 3) to step up and get consistent separation and make plays. And they need Canales to trust his players and in turn be more aggressive with his playcalling. It seemed like as the season wore on they relied on the read option too much and they were too far behind the chains.

Speaking of our QB situation, how long will Torrez, Fernandez and Brownholtz sit around and not play a lick? Will any of them transfer to an FCS to get playing time?

Goodwin made it public knowledge that he was told he was the QB of the future for UTEP. I doubt that could sit well with the other QB's on the roster.
" ... how long will Torrez, Fernandez and Brownholtz sit around and not play a lick?"

Only a few weeks away, the UTEP roster is due for a winter purge, and QBs are likely to be in the middle of it. Expect multiple transfers. And maybe that's not all bad for the Miners' future.

If these kids (Torrez, Fernandez and Brownholtz) were not good enough to win playing time from an injured Locksley, a concussed Metz and later, an inexperienced Jones, the message is clear: Coaching staff is not wildly in orbit about the QBs. Maybe you, too, share this unspoken opinion.

They definitely need to let a few of these kids go and find other opportunities. We need as many upgrades as possible

Innuendo or factual reporting?
Is any message boarder really "reporting". Just a really strong rumor (that makes some sense) on the KSU side. Take it with a grain of salt. Great kid. Great running QB, spotty in passing (locks on to one read and tucks) and he's also had concussion issues. Still could be an asset for you.

Reactions: develman
Now that we have you here any truth to the rumors of Littrell being hired as your next HC?
Lot of smoke there and he’s the favorite now if you had to pick one. Fans have always wanted Venables at Clemson. Literally nobody has pitched Dimel but most wish him well. If you want to see what he was a part of at KSU you should look up Miracle In Manhattan on Vimeo narrated by Mike Rowe (Dirty jobs guy). It shows just how horrible things were at ksu. Doesnt mean DD will succeed for you guys, but he’s seen far worse.

I’m hoping we get a grad transfer and someone who is a proven passer. I’m not sure that Locksley is the key.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT