ADVERTISEMENT

Who was saying we should’ve played BYU?

After Texas, I think it’s better for us to not play BYU.

I like our schedule. Better chance at victory playing against teams of our caliber. I don’t think the players, coaches, or fans enjoy blow out losses. Senter did a good job to take advantage of the two FCS games allowed for bowl eligibility. It’s up to Dimel to capitalize on it now.

Reactions: MistaBinks
ACU beat Houston Baptist by 25 last season. They beat SFA by a touchdown last season as well. We'll see how UTEP does

I like our schedule. Better chance at victory playing against teams of our caliber. I don’t think the players, coaches, or fans enjoy blow out losses. Senter did a good job to take advantage of the two FCS games allowed for bowl eligibility. It’s up to Dimel to capitalize on it now.

"Bowl"? Are you already talking about going to a "bowl"? Mr. Corona, I think you're a fantastic contributor to this board but, c'mon now. That's just silly talk.

"Bowl"? Are you already talking about going to a "bowl"? Mr. Corona, I think you're a fantastic contributor to this board but, c'mon now. That's just silly talk.
I understand we suck we’ve always sucked and will always suck. It’s better to play body bag games since we’re gonna lose anyway.

Im tired of the low standards and expectations. That’s no better than the cheerleader honks.

Yes, I along with Senter expect to be around bowl eligibility when it’s all said and done. The goal has been set we’ll see if there’s any consequences for not reaching it.

Reactions: utep-piggy
This was a pendejo loss on Navy coach. He better take the blame. Ummm, coach, if you have constant Covid testing and it comes back negative, you can have full practice; otherwise, what's the point?!

"A lot was made about Navy’s decision to basically not hold live, full-contact practice this offseason...... “I erred on the side of trying to keep our guys safe and clearly that was a bad decision,” head coach Ken Niumatalolo said. “That game was 1,000% my fault. We weren’t prepared.” Thespun.com

I’d rather see UTEP attempt to compete and lose to BYU 59-0 than play ACU in 2 weeks.
Didn’t you say yesterday that

“I do not watch any non-competitive game of any kind once it’s out of reach. UTEP or otherwise.”

Would you rather watch us lose 59-0 or you don’t watch the game to that point?

Didn’t you say yesterday that

“I do not watch any non-competitive game of any kind once it’s out of reach. UTEP or otherwise.”

Would you rather watch us lose 59-0 or you don’t watch the game to that point?

“Once it’s out of reach”. Okay, let me rephrase my statement for clarification. I would rather the Miners lose 59-0 to BYU than beat FCS teams. Happy now?

“Once it’s out of reach”. Okay, let me rephrase my statement for clarification. I would rather the Miners lose 59-0 to BYU than beat FCS teams. Happy now?
You’re not the one that sits and watches the full game. As someone who does I rather us be competitive in our games. Even more if we’re not getting paid a million or more for the ooc beating.

You’re not the one that sits and watches the full game. As someone who does I rather us be competitive in our games. Even more if we’re not getting paid a million or more for the ooc beating.

Unless it’s to break a long losing streak, I would rather see them play equal or better teams. 1 FCS opponent is fine and most teams do that. 2 is ridiculous. You do not get better by playing lower competition and you certainly don’t get better playing them twice.

Do you think the varsity baseball team at Coronado goes and celebrates and feels better about themselves after beating the Bowie JV team? The Miners aren’t “walking around campus”, gloating about their win over team XYZ from FCS.

Unless it’s to break a long losing streak, I would rather see them play equal or better teams. 1 FCS opponent is fine and most teams do that. 2 is ridiculous. You do not get better by playing lower competition and you certainly don’t get better playing them twice.

Do you think the varsity baseball team at Coronado goes and celebrates and feels better about themselves after beating the Bowie JV team? The Miners aren’t “walking around campus”, gloating about their win over team XYZ from FCS.
I think it’s ridiculous to not take advantage of a rare opportunity. The NCAA is allowing two FCS games to count towards bowl eligibility. Why on earth would a team that has beat one FBS team in four years feel they’re too good to take advantage of that? Why make it harder on a struggling program? Naw I don’t wanna see our team win I rather see them be humiliated on national television but I’ll tune out after halftime.

I think it’s ridiculous to not take advantage of a rare opportunity. The NCAA is allowing two FCS games to count towards bowl eligibility. Why on earth would a team that has beat one FBS team in four years feel they’re too good to take advantage of that? Why make it harder on a struggling program? Naw I don’t wanna see our team win I rather see them be humiliated on national television but I’ll tune out after halftime.

The players aren’t going to get any better by beating 2 Southland teams. How many people had “Fire Dimel” emails, tweets, posts, messages, and texts ready to send off after UTEP was down 14-3??

You’re assuming two things, that 1, there will be bowls and 2, that UTEP is going to win 5 more games. If there’s no/a lot fewer bowls, the extra FCS games mean nothing.

Games vs Monroe and UTSA are more telling of where the program is than games versus Texas and SFA are. Being on National TV is better than being on ESPN3 at 9pm Eastern. At least the Miners will be losing on the Longhorn Network, so very few people will see.

The players aren’t going to get any better by beating 2 Southland teams. How many people had “Fire Dimel” emails, tweets, posts, messages, and texts ready to send off after UTEP was down 14-3??

You’re assuming two things, that 1, there will be bowls and 2, that UTEP is going to win 5 more games. If there’s no/a lot fewer bowls, the extra FCS games mean nothing.

Games vs Monroe and UTSA are more telling of where the program is than games versus Texas and SFA are. Being on National TV is better than being on ESPN3 at 9pm Eastern. At least the Miners will be losing on the Longhorn Network, so very few people will see.
How much better have the players gotten over the last three years playing 8 CUSA teams? 0-1-0 wins. Huh looks like that logic doesn’t apply.

It’s such an unpredictable season. Games could be canceled, teams could be missing key players. We just don’t know what will happen. I do know that starting 2-1 puts us in better position to take advantage of this season than starting 1-2 with two 59-0 type losses. Games vs ULM will tells us more than the beatings at Texas or Provo.

I don’t think that losing 59-0 on National Tv is better than winning on Espn3.

How much better have the players gotten over the last three years playing 8 CUSA teams? 0-1-0 wins. Huh looks like that logic doesn’t apply.

It’s such an unpredictable season. Games could be canceled, teams could be missing key players. We just don’t know what will happen. I do know that starting 2-1 puts us in better position to take advantage of this season than starting 1-2 with two 59-0 type losses. Games vs ULM will tells us more than the beatings at Texas or Provo.

I don’t think that losing 59-0 on National Tv is better than winning on Espn3.

The players haven’t gotten any better and playing 4 home games versus FCS teams wouldn’t make them any better either!

Yes, being 2-1 is better than being 1-2, but it doesn’t matter unless you get to .500 at the end of the year.

The players haven’t gotten any better and playing 4 home games versus FCS teams wouldn’t make them any better either!

Yes, being 2-1 is better than being 1-2, but it doesn’t matter unless you get to .500 at the end of the year.
Wrong. I saw Dimel lose to NaU and almost lose to HBU. This week they showed they are good enough to beat an FCS team. Let’s see if they can blow one out the way an FBS team is supposed to.

Let’s be real didn’t we all agree we had a roster full of players that wouldn’t even start on their hs jv squad? Didn’t some coaches say we had a d3 roster?

The team at least for one week showed they’re getting better.

For all we know 4-4 is good enough to go bowling this year. Our AD put us in position to make the best out of this year instead of throwing his athletic department under the bus so that NoWins could watch 2 quarters of BYU football on espn.

*yawn*

Any of us could die tomorrow, but most of us live our lives as if we’re gonna be around for a while. I think that about covers both your 1, and 2.

I have to disagree win you NoWins. Most teams probably wouldn’t improve playing lesser teams, but UTEP will. Playing the likes of Texas and BYU could either injure or demoralize UTEP.
Even if it’s against these lower level teams victories build confidence. Being able to execute your game plan can do nothing worst than trust yourself and (coaches ?).

Reactions: MistaBinks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT