ADVERTISEMENT

Who you think will be New AD and FB Head Coach

No, she pulled her name from the UTEP job as soon as she discovered she wouldn't be hired. That's what candidates for jobs like this do. :rolleyes:
Ummm yep...read above. Campos viewed UTSA more attractive than UTEP. But this was a good thing for UTEP if Senter gets the job cause he is clearly better than Campos.

It’s time for UTEP and it’s big donors to make a serious investment in football and go after a top coordinator who wants to be a head coach. These are my top choices, Eric Morris, Mike Yurcich or Sonny Crumbie. Now that Stull is on his way out this program needs to be aggressive and go after one of these guys. We’ve all seen the major improvements that are happening in our city over the last few years. El Paso is definitely on the upswing and UTEP needs to up their game. This program needs a big time hire to energize the city the way Mike Price did when he first arrived.

Apparently Chris Parks is gonna be named AD. So, let's welcome Eric Price as head coach. Can't wait until UTEP is in FCS, playing in a renovated Kidd Field in 10 years!

Reactions: El Paso 777
Apparently Chris Parks is gonna be named AD. So, let's welcome Eric Price as head coach. Can't wait until UTEP is in FCS, playing in a renovated Kidd Field in 10 years!
Where are you getting that info? Kappy says that Stull and Floyd support Park...of course. This should be the very reason not to hire him.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
I'm very happy Campos is off the board. I've wanted Park all along. I think he is the most talented protege Stull has had. He's a climber, hes aggressive and he will shake things up. It won't be business as usual. He worked for Stull but his philosophy and style is a 180 degree change from Stull. The guy is real good with boosters and sponsors.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
I'm very happy Campos is off the board. I've wanted Park all along. I think he is the most talented protege Stull has had. He's a climber, hes aggressive and he will shake things up. It won't be business as usual. He worked for Stull but his philosophy and style is a 180 degree change from Stull. The guy is real good with boosters and sponsors.

Yeah he's so good with boosters and sponsors that attendance for the football games has been under 50% capacity for all games this year, and the bball opener had less than 6,000. Isn't he in the damn department right now?

UTEP is an embarrassment to D1 athletics. No other athletic department settles for the mediocre results like UTEP does. Chris Park just puts the nail in the coffin for many fans. UTEP will see a drop in support and attendance because of this.

Bring in an outsider please! I don’t know anyone but am sick of UTEP’s lack of marketing, tolerance for losing, living in 1966.
If Parks does get the job, he better shake things up. This mess of an athletic department is depressing!!

I liked Campos too. Apparently she withdrew before her interview here so she must have had an offer from utsa in place. I hope this AD and football hire make a splash.

UTEP has had the same crappy production for the past 10 years... No improvement.
UTEP still has the same old songs for the past 10 years... Lil Wayne? Really? Still

UTEP please! Change for the better! Say no to Park! Yes to Senter! PS and hell no to Price!

You forgot “Black Betty.”

Two Stull protégés that have gone on to oversee better programs. Yet Park will be a failure according to you guys.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Two Stull protégés that have gone on to oversee better programs. Yet Park will be a failure according to you guys.
Personally I don't care who it is as long as he or she moves the program forward and sets high expectations for our coaches. Someone that can breathe life into UTEP athletics and get the students and community interested again!

Reactions: develman
I can't remember or find the source, probably on twitter, that stated UTEP is using a consulting firm for the football coach search. It was a firm that came highly recommended. Anyone else see that?

I don't like how my boss does things and if I were the boss my tactics would be different, but I'm not the boss right now so I do what I'm told. Do you see what I'm getting at here? Park is not the Shot Caller, Stull is, how do we know it's be the same. They're two different people and Park is half Stull's age and probably gets what's going on and need these days more than Stull. My two cents. I said Lisa Campos was one of the 3 finalists and she was, but apparently Utep was not as good as UTSA. That's sad even though I love SA, this school is passing us quicker than I originally thought was possible, but I always knew UTSA becoming D1 would hurt us immensely!

Why is the AD search taking long? Yeah sad that utsa is gaining on us...they took our hand signal, future AD<haha>, what next?

Who are the other 2? Rhoades and Wickstrom? As I have argued before on a different thread, those guys aren't currently here. Park might do a good job, but he has that Bob Stull stench of him. It's a bad look if he is hired. Fans are tired of losing and pissed off.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Rhoades and Wickstrom learned from Stull when Stull was actually worth a damn. Park arrived when Stull was in retirement mode and started this dumpster fire. The only things Park has seen Stull do is run the athletic program into the ground.

If UTEP athletics was doing well , I would be all for Park getting the job and it would make sense to hire him to keep the success going. But it makes no sense given the current state of UTEP athletics and is too big of a risk.

Rhoades and Wickstrom learned from Stull when Stull was actually worth a damn. Park arrived when Stull was in retirement mode and started this dumpster fire. The only things Park has seen Stull do is run the athletic program into the ground.

If UTEP athletics was doing well, I would be all for Park getting the job and it would make sense to hire him to keep the success going. But it makes no sense given the current state of UTEP athletics and is too big of a risk.
Just a guess here, but with Park already employed and likely already has a contract, if they hired someone else they would have to make the new AD accept Park as the associate. Which the new AD might not agree with and maybe even Park might balk at staying with a new AD. So maybe saving a few sheckles might be why Park might get the nod?

Park will leave if he is not hired as AD. He knows that this is his chance to be AD and there's no point in sticking around. Most employees leave when they do not get a promotion they were "expecting". Park will not remain in his position if by small chance he is not the AD.

Fair or unfair, I can't imagine Park being on the top of any AD lists based on the performance of UTEP athletics as a whole over the past ten years. Maybe Lisa can put in a good word for him at NAU. A change is way beyond needed, but I doubt that will be the case because of who is making the final decision.

Cool. I hope you're spot on.

I'm sure he will bring in a coach who runs a high flying spread offense who know Texas and So. Cal pipeline that UTEP has developed.

Unless CTF pulls a bunny out of his hat come March I'm sure he'll be aggressive for a hot assistant from a power house program.

I'll have the popcorn ready.

Cool. I hope you're spot on.

I'm sure he will bring in a coach who runs a high flying spread offense who know Texas and So. Cal pipeline that UTEP has developed.

Unless CTF pulls a bunny out of his hat come March I'm sure he'll be aggressive for a hot assistant from a power house program.

I'll have the popcorn ready.
How about the NMSU AD. He is doing a pretty good job up north with a heck of lot less resources

ADVERTISEMENT