ADVERTISEMENT

Who you think will be New AD and FB Head Coach

I agree Fanaticoog. I do think one big advantage is in recruiting though. I know a lot of kids out in this area have no clue about El Paso and UTEP. UTSA has the advantage of grabbing players from the area full of D1 talent; and that has already started to show in their football recruiting classes. Talent makes coaches look good; and getting those guys out to EP is a challenge. Much harder in football than basketball, where 3 or 4 talented guys can make for a competitive team.

I tend to agree with all you said there.

That's actually pretty low.
Pretty high compared to what he is doing, his responsibilities (none), and results. Some folks spoke of him coming back to help like he was doing it for free. Since he has a house here anyway, why couldn't he do it for free? Yeah I know, I will be bashed for that comment too....go ahead...

This thread also shows Stull never intended to just have either of the coordinators take over this crashing ship. We know there was some sort of buyout for Kugler. We are told we just dont have money. Yet, we waste 40k on bringing Price (or Erickson) in? I'm sorry, that makes zero sense to me.
I am glad the stupidity that is Stull is almost done.

BTW...I know Stull's house was for sale but I never saw it was sold. Honestly, I thought he would have fancier digs than that. You can betcher ass he won't leave town until HE gets to announce his replacement.

Pretty high compared to what he is doing, his responsibilities (none), and results. Some folks spoke of him coming back to help like he was doing it for free. Since he has a house here anyway, why couldn't he do it for free? Yeah I know, I will be bashed for that comment too....go ahead...

This thread also shows Stull never intended to just have either of the coordinators take over this crashing ship. We know there was some sort of buyout for Kugler. We are told we just dont have money. Yet, we waste 40k on bringing Price (or Erickson) in? I'm sorry, that makes zero sense to me.
I am glad the stupidity that is Stull is almost done.

BTW...I know Stull's house was for sale but I never saw it was sold. Honestly, I thought he would have fancier digs than that. You can betcher ass he won't leave town until HE gets to announce his replacement.

If they hired Natkin he would be received the same, if not more money. $20,000 a month for a college football coach is very low.

Didn't say hire him dude. You don't have to pay extra to just steer the sinking ship. I have ran several positions without pay when the big boss left. I barely got a thank you. Most times it was far longer than 2 months.

Didn't say hire him dude. You don't have to pay extra to just steer the sinking ship. I have ran several positions without pay when the big boss left. I barely got a thank you. Most times it was far longer than 2 months.

I meant hire him as the interim coach.

Just curious- what were the several positions that you ran at one time?

Any bashing that you get will be deserved. Do it for free? Really? When you retire, do you plan to go back to your old job and work for free just for the fun of it? Somehow I doubt that would happen. Why do you expect Price, or any one, to come in and do the job for free? It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
I swear this thread is going down the LaVar Ball route.

Price is content playing Mr. UTEP sports ambassador and I think that he could do more being a UTEP sports diplomat than anything else.

I remember some years back during the BRAC realignment under the Bush administration they sent the entire 1st Cav. mechanized division to Fort Bliss from Germany. Local El Paso political leaders were "Oh, shat!. We don't have the infrastructure to handle that many people!". One lone unheard of retired general who made El Paso home went to Austin (along with an El Paso contingency) and laid the realities of the need for greater expansion of El Paso's freeway system. That's Mike Price and that's who UTEP's needs. Love him or hate him, Price is an american football general.

I swear this thread is going down the LaVar Ball route.

Price is content playing Mr. UTEP sports ambassador and I think that he could do more being a UTEP sports diplomat than anything else.

I remember some years back during the BRAC realignment under the Bush administration they sent the entire 1st Cav. mechanized division to Fort Bliss from Germany. Local El Paso political leaders were "Oh, shat!. We don't have the infrastructure to handle that many people!". One lone unheard of retired general who made El Paso home went to Austin (along with an El Paso contingency) and laid the realities of the need for greater expansion of El Paso's freeway system. That's Mike Price and that's who UTEP's needs. Love him or hate him, Price is an american football general.
Wow, did not know that. That's awesome.

Any bashing that you get will be deserved. Do it for free? Really? When you retire, do you plan to go back to your old job and work for free just for the fun of it? Somehow I doubt that would happen. Why do you expect Price, or any one, to come in and do the job for free? It's ridiculous.
Ehh...I guess I don't explain myself very well.

I give up.....

So when is Sulls last day? Why is it taking so long tp hire a AD? What they waiting for?
Christmas I think. Dr. Campos has removed her name from consideration PER Beau Bagley Channel 9 and Chanson at kyyotesden...guess she's more interested in the IT'S A (I HATE AUTO CORRECT! IT'S A--> UTSA) job.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Paso 777
Campos is either getting the UTSA job which she apparently interviewed for or found out UTEP is not selecting her. It's the usual way to save face by stating she is withdrawing her name. Applicants for jobs like this do that frequently.

So Senter or Park. Both sound smart, articulate and energetic in the interview found on-line. Senter is older and has more experience. I would choose him but if Park is chosen, hopefully he will be his own man and not a Stull clone. His personality is much more outgoing than Stull's.

Stull was good earlier in his tenure as AD but the last several years he seems to have slipped into something akin to a coma. All the recent efforts to sell the Miners to El Paso have been attributed to Park.

This hire is so important for UTEP. I don’t mind them taking time, and long as they get it right in the end.

Why? Because they have a smaller budget? Because they have no on campus stadium or because their basketball facilties are a joke and seat 2,600? Or maybe because UTEP, even in our present athletic condition, raises more money in athletic contributions and makes more in licensing? I don't think so.
Apparently Lisa Campos doesn't think so and thats why she pulled her name from UTEP and is still pursuing the UTSA job. :rolleyes:

Remember when the Chihuahuas held an elaborate "Name the Team" competition and then they announced that Aardvarks was a "finalist". Then we later learned that a San Diego Marketing Firm had selected the name Chihuahuas long before the fake "Name the team" competition took place and the competition was just a publicity gimmick. I really hope that Senter is not just another Aardvark type of fake finalist being used for show and Campos has been the name selected all along.
So when is Sulls last day? Why is it taking so long tp hire a AD? What they waiting for?[/QUOTE]

UTSA had their former AD step down about the same time as Stull announced his retirement. They announced their search committee about the same time as UTEP did. Both have yet to make their selection. Seems like they both have a very similar time table. UTEP has the added pressure of hiring a new head football coach but that can't really be accomplished while the season is still underway. Often times when a coach is finally hired, especially if he is a head coach elsewhere, he won't come on board until his post season is completed.
I hope Lisa gets the UTSA job and Senter gets our AD position. He's the more qualified candidate.

That would be very interesting. Looks like the UTSA consultant came up with some of the same candidates that the UTEP committee did.

It would be just a little funny if Campos, Park and Senter were all in the final 3 for both schools. Those people are not putting all their eggs in one basket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT