ADVERTISEMENT

Who you think will be New AD and FB Head Coach

I would love to hear more about that. I have had one run-in with Park and he wasn't the most friendly person.

And just so Vegasminer doesn't get his panties in a bunch, this was based off personal experience.

Met Chris Park about 2 years ago and was very cordial. Even gave our group a tour of the Foster athletic facility.

As I stated Lisa was in the top 3 now that that's confirmed, she's who I'd like to see as she is already an Athletic Director and doing well so far.

I have a family member who worked with Campos when she was at UTEP. I have been told that she is a good person, a good employee, was always on the shy and quiet side(not sure how that personality matches-up with a fundraising position like AD), she did eventually co-host a weekly UTEP TV show with Teicher and started to come out of her shell a little. Not much is known though regarding how much she has evolved during the 5 years since she left. The concern would be that she might not be the game changing hire that most appear to have wanted, but then again, now that we know the 3 finalists I am not sure that the other 2 would be considered "game changers" either.

Apparently, UTEP did not hire a search firm for this job which might also explain the lack of creative/new finalists that we have.

Back to Campos, I keep hearing that NAU has won 50+ total conference championships during the 5 years since Campos has been their AD. That's great, but for comparison I can not find how many Conference Championships NAU won during the 5 years prior to her arriving? If the number of Championships has greatly increased during her time, then I would hold that as very important. But if that number went down or was even flat, then maybe that shouldn't be the great "feather in her hat" that so many are trying to make it sound like.

Anyway, here is a random 2012 article about Campos.

http://azdailysun.com/sports/nau-lu...cle_88dfb986-bf95-5422-b06a-4e23db939ed4.html

Last edited:
Reactions: EPTUTEP
If true, UTEP's failure to employ a search firm to assist with arguably two of the most important hires in its athletic history is nothing short of astounding. If I'm a UTEP fan, I'm stunned. As an outsider, the message is clear as a bell - business as usual. Really feel for the hard-core UTEP fans...

Again, Dr. Natalicio has concerns way beyond football.

Search firm? Come on. People who were interested in the job applied for it. That's it. It's not like the movies

Again, Dr. Natalicio has concerns way beyond football.

Search firm? Come on. People who were interested in the job applied for it. That's it. It's not like the movies

Such is life. We all have multiple problems at any given time, whether individually or collectively. That doesn't mean that each shouldn't be addressed with discernment.

Kappy stated that a search firm was not used during his show yesterday.

If we did hire a search firm and these are our 3 finalists, where 2 of the 3 were already going to apply anyway, then we need to get our money back.

Last edited:
Oh geezus! This a damn message board where we spread rumors damn near daily!

I heard Parks was in good with some big time donors, but hey, Vegas said I shouldn't say that cuz like, it's just hearsay. Picks up could be right. I could be right. Who the F knows.....What I do know is we will all be guessing and speculating until the person is announced.

I'd like to see the person hired friggin soon (for AD) so we could focus on the head coach hire and spread rumors about that position.
I was referring to Picksup asshole statement: "I have heard that Park has made quite a few enemies around town".

Run-in? Chris Park? Stull protege? Shocking. Just shocking.

And don't worry about Vegas, those panties are in a permanent state of wad.
LaserKook, someone asked you recently: "why are you here?" Referring to your constant and annoying trolling on this fan site that pretty much shows that you really have no real interest in Miner athletics (other than to make you sound impotent maybe?)

The article about Campos is not very encouraging. She swang and missed badly on NAU's struggling basketball program hires. The mens coach is 63-101, and their woman's coach left after last season with a record of 36-82. NAU's FB coach has been there long before she got there, so she is yet to make a football hire. And if she is hired at UTEP, she has to make a very very important football coach decision for our struggling football program!!!!! YIKES....not looking very good. If we are going to hire a current AD at another university, at least get one who has made at least one strong hire in their tenure there. She has not (and who cares about the other sports like volleyball, tennis etc..

Its just mind boggling why a search committee was not used for our AD hire. I guess we used the Bob Stull search committee.

I was referring to Picksup asshole statement: "I have heard that Park has made quite a few enemies around town".
This is a message board and if you think any comment on here is going to change people's perception of other people then you are ridiculous.

I have heard that from a few people and I stand by what I said.

This will be my only response to you, as I know you like to pick message board fights with anyone that disagrees with you on here.

P.S. If they don't hire Chris Park blame me and my asshole comments.

This is a message board and if you think any comment on here is going to change people's perception of other people then you are ridiculous.

This will be my only response to you, as I know you like to pick message board fights with anyone that disagrees with you on here.

What if they do hire him? And no, I don't pick fights. I just call out assholeness and assholes when I see them.

LaserKook, someone asked you recently: "why are you here?" Referring to your constant and annoying trolling on this fan site that pretty much shows that you really have no real interest in Miner athletics (other than to make you sound impotent maybe?)

Q. What kind of child uses grade-school names and insults to make themselves feel good or seem "impotant"?
A. The President and Vegasminer.

The rest of your post is undeserving of an adult response.

Have any of these finalist ever hired a football coach before? at any level?
Senter hired a football coach for the 2016 season. ..Brent Thompson. he went 10-2 in 2016 and the Citadel has a 13 million dollar athletic budget. Not sure how they are doing this year in football.

Senter was also an assistant football coach back in the day at Idaho I believe. So it is a huge positive that Senter has a football coaching background and has hired a FB coach as AD. I sure hope he gets a fair shot at the job and just isn't a name thrown in the mix just so UTEP can say "we looked outside" for candidates.

Which candidate of the 3 is most qualified? Senter by far. He has practical experience, he's spent most of his career out west. He has contacts in the PAC as well as Mountain West. He's served at multiple levels including Power 5. I think he's the target.

Which candidate of the 3 is most qualified? Senter by far. He has practical experience, he's spent most of his career out west. He has contacts in the PAC as well as Mountain West. He's served at multiple levels including Power 5. I think he's the target.
I also agree Senter is the most qualified. The Citadel payed $45,000 for a search committee for their AD search, so I guess one could say Senter has been recommended by a search committee since UTEP didn't bother to hire one.

I also agree Senter is the most qualified. The Citadel payed $45,000 for a search committee for their AD search, so I guess one could say Senter has been recommended by a search committee since UTEP didn't bother to hire one.
Clearly most qualified. Probably has zero chance. I am in disbelief that the university didn't hire a search firm. I use a search firm to find construction foreman.

But I guess that only happens in the movies?? Can't fight crazy.

Lasercoog is anything but a troll. He's actually one of the best posters on here.

Reactions: MinerJo

This would be a very boring message board if everybody agreed.

It's also hilarious to see people get angry when they don't like your opinions.

I don't doubt that what you said is true. I have heard from two others as well and they said Park was not the friendliest person and not very knowledgeable when they asked him questions.

But that's the thing about perceptions. Some people say Trump is the worst person alive and the next person would say he's a very nice guy. Just like with Park. Some people have different perceptions about him. And no, I'm not comparing Trump to Park. LOL!!

Clearly most qualified. Probably has zero chance. I am in disbelief that the university didn't hire a search firm. I use a search firm to find construction foreman.

But I guess that only happens in the movies?? Can't fight crazy.

No only that, but there's this thing called email. Why couldn't have Stull had an employee in the department email Ads of smaller schools and associate ADs at bigger schools and tell them about the job opening? No need to hire a search firm and no harm done.

So not only do we not get a search firm for the most important hire in school history, we get no effort to hide the candidates Stull wanted all along. Senter, who should be the AD, is just there for show. Dr. Nat can say, "See we looked to the outside, but Campos was clearly the better option."

This is embarrassing and an insult to any UTEP fan of any stature.

So when is Sulls last day? Why is it taking so long tp hire a AD? What they waiting for?

So when is Sulls last day? Why is it taking so long tp hire a AD? What they waiting for?

Stull's last day is when the new AD is hired, although I'm not even sure Stull is still in El Paso.

Interviews are on the 13th and a new AD will be hired shortly after that, although I'm sure they already know who is going to be hired.

We on this board, any sports message board, want what we want and we want it now. We want the info, we want the choices made to be our choices, etc. In other words, we can all be quite ridiculous about all this but that's our fun and nobody outside of our dysfunctional group gives a damn what we think.

The minute Stull announced his retirement, every college athletic administrator at any level knew about it. It's really a fairly small segment in the overall scheme of things. Anyone that was in the slightest bit interested in being the next AD at UTEP easily found the announcement on interviewexchange.com, a site widely used by colleges and universities across the country. The fact the The Citadel AD in on the finalist list is pretty strong evidence of that and it's very likely that it also indicates that there were applicants from all over. Campos and Park were on the list to start with, in Dr. Natalicio's mind, I'm sure. Nothing wrong with that. She knows those people and she is going to be their boss. She actually may feel that they are highly qualified and she is probably right.

Natalicio does give the AD enough room to run their dept and enough money to be successful at the G5 level. The fact the she is not as outspoken on being pro athletics like the prez of Boise St is what we don't like. Not many college presidents are like that.

What are the odds that of all the possible candidates that the top 3 would come down to Stull's current underling and his former underling. Neither of which has any frame of reference other than the status quo. All of UTEP should be up in arms at this. There was no real effort to hire a visionary leader. The only effort that was made was to appease Stull and to commit to mediocrity.

What are the odds that of all the possible candidates that the top 3 would come down to Stull's current underling and his former underling. Neither of which has any frame of reference other than the status quo. All of UTEP should be up in arms at this. There was no real effort to hire a visionary leader. The only effort that was made was to appease Stull and to commit to mediocrity.

BINGO!

I don't do twitter but this, down below, has become my hashtag mantra in regards to the AD hiring process, and UTEP athletics in general.

#statusquo

Q. What kind of child uses grade-school names and insults to make themselves feel good or seem "impotant"?
A. The President and Vegasminer.

The rest of your post is undeserving of an adult response.
Maybe...but you're still a douche for coming on here denigrating someone's reputation with hearsay.

Stull's last day is when the new AD is hired, although I'm not even sure Stull is still in El Paso.

Interviews are on the 13th and a new AD will be hired shortly after that, although I'm sure they already know who is going to be hired.

Saw him today so yes, he is

Maybe...but you're still a douche for coming on here denigrating someone's reputation with hearsay.

Friend, I'm trying to remain patient with you, but I'll tell you again - your continued juvenile name-calling toward me and others on this board is wearing thin and is over the line. And you're wrong on the facts as well, you obviously have me misconfused with another poster. I challenge you to cite a single post in which I have denigrated someones' reputation. Okay, well maybe except for Bob Stull...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT